The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

unless you registered for the open day, you won't get any further correspondence when it comes to adverts etc. Does anyone know when Liverpool might be sending out next batch of interviews/rejections? Got 2 rejections under my belt at the minute, feeling pretty on edge!
Reply 861
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Good luck with everything - I'm sure you'll hear good news soon :smile: I know the wait can be excruciating as I lived through it last year

thank you :smile: yeh I lived through the wait last year too ... hopefully we all hear good news soon .. best of luck :smile:
Just out of curiosity, did anyone get a 'seasons greetings' email from Liverpool, I did, does that make me special or something?? :wink: I haven't heard anything from them yet! :frown:
Reply 863
Original post by dmccririck
Just out of curiosity, did anyone get a 'seasons greetings' email from Liverpool, I did, does that make me special or something?? :wink: I haven't heard anything from them yet! :frown:

i did, started shaking when i saw the email, i thought it was an interview invite or something
Reply 864
Original post by dmccririck

LOL, everyone did :wink: It made everyone feel very special :biggrin: But it would make me feel even more special if they gave me an interview :redface: Hopefully their next batch would be end of January :smile:
Reply 865
Original post by Nnuunnuu
i did, started shaking when i saw the email, i thought it was an interview invite or something

When you get an interview invite, the email will be from Mbchb with the subject being Liverpool Medical School Interview :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 866
I got the Seasons Greetings one too, my heart stopped! I didn't get that last year. Got an email today saying I didn't get Liverpool for A105, still waiting to hear about A100 and grad med..im taking it as a good sign that i didnt hear no from all three...unless theyre just logically sorting each course at a time...now im questioning myself...forget I spoke (typed) ....I'll be in the corner rocking back and forward muttering to myself
They may be waiting until the end of jan exams until they restart interviewing, since they'd just get a ton of cancellations? And they might work on Grad med applicants until then?

Blah this rationalisation just shows that I'm praying it isnt a rejection after nearly 3 months of waiting :tongue:
Reply 868
Rejected:smile:

But I am a resit applicant so was expected. Good luck guys!
Did anyone get that email recently saying 'Is the University of Liverpool right for you' well it wasnt recently i got it in December?
Thought it was a bit weird because OF COURSE I want to go to Liverpool. C'mon please give me an offer :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 870
Original post by J DOT A

Sorry to hear that, just because you're a resitter doesn't mean you get an automatic rejection :s-smilie: Any resitters waiting, dont give up hope, they interview till March :smile:
Original post by J DOT A

Sorry to hear that man, i feel your pain, im also a resitter with 2 rejections under my belt from Lancaster and Peninsula :frown: Were u rejected from liverpool today?! Just out of curiosity, what are your academic stats like?
Reply 872
Original post by BlackThought

Original post by BlackThought
Sorry to hear that man, i feel your pain, im also a resitter with 2 rejections under my belt from Lancaster and Peninsula :frown: Were u rejected from liverpool today?! Just out of curiosity, what are your academic stats like?

Hey do not be too disheartened because quite a few of my friends are resitters so good luck :biggrin:
Reply 873
Original post by J DOT A

aw sorry to hear that, did you put any extenuating circumstances in you PS for not acheiving the grades in your first sitting? becuase they said they accept resitters if they have extenuating circumstances
Reply 874
Original post by Nnuunnuu
aw sorry to hear that, did you put any extenuating circumstances in you PS for not acheiving the grades in your first sitting? becuase they said they accept resitters if they have extenuating circumstances

You don't need extenuating circumstances, just need to acknowledge and reflect on the need to resit in the personal statement.
Reply 875
Original post by groovyangel2008
Did anyone get that email recently saying 'Is the University of Liverpool right for you' well it wasnt recently i got it in December?
Thought it was a bit weird because OF COURSE I want to go to Liverpool. C'mon please give me an offer :rolleyes:

Lol odd email to send to applicants, I havent received it though :tongue:

Interview in 3 weeks gaaah gotta wikipedia everything about PBL :tongue:
Reply 876
Guys, just a quick question. So when Liverpool invites you, they send you a work experience form is it for volunteering or work? :s-smilie:
Reply 877
Original post by lizzy999
Guys, just a quick question. So when Liverpool invites you, they send you a work experience form is it for volunteering or work? :s-smilie:

Either or a combination of both. So the 3 most important medical voluntary/work experiences.
Reply 878
Just heard my job as a nurse is gone because of budget cuts...I need some good news please Liverpool!!
Original post by J DOT A

Wow, your positive attitude is impressive, I hope I'm as calm/nice as you when I get rejection(s). Good luck with your other unis. :smile:

Quick Reply