The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jina0927
i got invited to a assessment centre yesterday.

Thank you for accepting our invitation to attend an assessment centre for our Insights Programme.

what about you?

When did you schedule your AC if you dont mind me asking
Reply 2461
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
When did you schedule your AC if you dont mind me asking

it's thursday next week.
have you been invited as well?
it's thursday next week.
have you been invited as well?

I was given a call last week and the only one they offered me was for today but it clashed with a uni exam. The man said he couldnt offer me anything else so I was a bit disappointed. Good Luck though.
Reply 2463
Is it too early to start calling HR at banks to ask the status of apps?

It might help expedite the checking of my application, so what do you guys think?
Original post by TomasK
As well as BOAML and BNPP.

Really? They do for summer internships though, thats interesting.

Thank you for accepting our invitation to attend an assessment centre for our Insights Programme.

what about you?

"Thank you again for your application to The Royal Bank of Scotland graduate
development programme.

We appreciate that you have been waiting to hear further news about the progress of your application, so we are writing to update you.

As you are aware, you have successfully passed all stages up to this point, and the next stage will be an Assessment Centre. As we informed you in our previous message, the assessments for different business areas are run at different stages of the recruitment campaign. We are yet to begin running assessments for your chosen business areas, and we have not starting selecting which candidates will attend the next stage."

what about you?

which area did you apply to?
Is it weird to apply for spring weeks if you're starting a 2 years MSc in next September and due to graduate in 2014 (and also you're 22 in 2012) ? What do you think?
Original post by painauchocolat

Is it weird to apply for spring weeks if you're starting a 2 years MSc in next September and due to graduate in 2014 (and also you're 22 in 2012) ? What do you think?

No its not wierd, The point of an easter insight is that u would be available for employment in 2 years time, as the easter insight potentially leads to a summer internship and the summer internship potentially leads to a full time job role.
Original post by smarty_kay
No its not wierd, The point of an easter insight is that u would be available for employment in 2 years time, as the easter insight potentially leads to a summer internship and the summer internship potentially leads to a full time job role.

Ok, but even if I'm selected, it might be weird to be with kids of only 19/20 if I am already 22. Is the vast majority of students 19/20 or its a bit like summer internships, where not everyone is 20/21?

Cheers
Reply 2470
Ok, but even if I'm selected, it might be weird to be with kids of only 19/20 if I am already 22. Is the vast majority of students 19/20 or its a bit like summer internships, where not everyone is 20/21?

Cheers

Age doesn't matter too much. I'm 21.
Reply 2471

Cheers

Do you think there's much of a difference between 20 and 22? Doubt it that the 2 years would make you feel like you're the granny of a fellow intern. (spring week'er)
Original post by miml
Age doesn't matter too much. I'm 21.

OK great, that makes me feeling more secure. Last question, do you think HR can "discount" you if you're too advanced in studies and favourise younger, fresher undergraduates?

No, that's what I've done and completed my first interview today.:-)
Reply 2474
OK great, that makes me feeling more secure. Last question, do you think HR can "discount" you if you're too advanced in studies and favourise younger, fresher undergraduates?

I don't know how HR make their decisions. But I supposed you'd be expected to demonstrate more knowledge/awareness/experience then someone younger.
HSBC passed exam and maybe interview
Guess who accidentally submitted their Spring Week CV in their Start Up Scholarship application? I am such an idiot.
HSBC rejection.

It seems they put quite a high weighting on the exam. I thought I did okay though, ah well.
Reply 2478
Original post by yahyahyahs
Guess who accidentally submitted their Spring Week CV in their Start Up Scholarship application? I am such an idiot.

How different can it be? Unless you included the cover letter with it...
I applied to HSBC on the 26/12 and haven't heard anything yet?
is that weird? Everyone else having been sent the test and heard back..

Latest

Trending

Trending