The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Tuition fee?

I live in the UK, but I'm a dutch national (EEU). Do I have to pay the normal £9000 fee or something different?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
I an not quite sure but I think you don't have to pay anything since there is SAAS.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
wikipedia says:

''SAAS pays the tuition fees of eligible Scottish and EU students. SAAS will pay these fees regardless of a student's financial situation''

What does it mean to be an EU student? Do I have to live somewhere in the EU (other than the UK) to be eligible for the SAAS, since I live in England?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RADWAN
wikipedia says:

''SAAS pays the tuition fees of eligible Scottish and EU students. SAAS will pay these fees regardless of a student's financial situation''

What does it mean to be an EU student? Do I have to live somewhere in the EU (other than the UK) to be eligible for the SAAS, since I live in England?

Precisely. As a resident of England, you'll be funded by Student Finance England and eligible to pay £9k.
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
Precisely. As a resident of England, you'll be funded by Student Finance England and eligible to pay £9k.

I love the way 'eligible' makes it sound like a perk of living in England to be allowed to pay more!
Reply 5
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I love the way 'eligible' makes it sound like a perk of living in England to be allowed to pay more!

That is so unfair!

Does it count for health care courses (eg. Nursing) too? Because I'm aware that the NHS pay some university fees in the UK, is it the same with the Scottish equivalent?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Mariarghh
That is so unfair!

Does it count for health care courses (eg. Nursing) too? Because I'm aware that the NHS pay some university fees in the UK, is it the same with the Scottish equivalent?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I'm afraid this isn't my area. Nearlyheadlessian's more likely to be your man. I'm just happy that my son got into Edinburgh when English students were still paying £1820, because I could weep for all kids (and thier parents) in a similar situation now.

Quick Reply