The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been away for a long while being busy failing my a-levels and sorting my life out.

NFL has kept me strong.

We had a superbowl sweepstake at college and I drew the Patriots so I couldn't be happier really apart from maybe pulling the Saints.

Having an epic superbowl party with all 8 people involved at my mates with a huge TV, several extra-large pizzas and lots of drink. Going to be a sweet ass month.
Original post by The Patriot
I've been away for a long while being busy failing my a-levels and sorting my life out.

NFL has kept me strong.

We had a superbowl sweepstake at college and I drew the Patriots so I couldn't be happier really apart from maybe pulling the Saints.

Having an epic superbowl party with all 8 people involved at my mates with a huge TV, several extra-large pizzas and lots of drink. Going to be a sweet ass month.

I wish the reverse were true... people here unfortunately don't care (in the least bit) about English football, or any European league for that matter.

Good luck with your A-levels!
Reply 3202
Roll Tide Roll!!! Hopefully Giants can lay the smack down on Pittsburgh this sunday and this will be an awesome week!
Original post by I Kant Spall
I wish the reverse were true... people here unfortunately don't care (in the least bit) about English football, or any European league for that matter.

Good luck with your A-levels!

Haha gutted bro! Probably because American Football is vastly superior :biggrin:

Cheers buddy :P
Original post by tubster
Roll Tide Roll!!! Hopefully Giants can lay the smack down on Pittsburgh this sunday and this will be an awesome week!

Whut?
Original post by Baltimoron
Holy ****. That national championship game. I say this without any reservation: what Alabama did tonight was the greatest defensive performance I've ever seen in a single football game at any level (pro or college). And I've been watching football my entire life. That was incredible.

Alabama held LSU to 92 yards of total offense. 92! This included holding LSU to only 39 yards rushing. LSU only got past the 50 yard line once the entire game and the one time they did was in the 4th quarter.

If you people want to see how defense is really played I encourage you to get your hands on some highlights of that game. I am amazed by what I saw tonight. Congrats Alabama. Roll Tide.

What the fek happened to LSU?!?! One of the most hyped and agressive teams in the BCS and they all looked like they'd been given sedatives after that first fumble!

Gutted, fair play to Bama... huge game. But wasn't the spectacle I hoped LSU would put on.
Reply 3206
Original post by Hedgeman49
Whut?

My bad, meant Green Bay :tongue:
Original post by Idris Dragon
O-Line (the fat guys who block the defenders and stop the QB from being tackled).

If only you knew...
Reply 3208
Two things I hate as a Mike backer, being cut blocked and rushing O-Lineman.
So Superbowl Picks...

Patriots vs Saints.

Too early to say which would win IMO because atm, the Patriots haven't won a playoff game in 4 years. Presuming we come out swinging then the AFC is ours. I have thge Saints beating the Packers because I just think they're a better team.
I love the Patriots. Really I do. But wouldn't it be INCREDIBLY CRAZY if the Broncos knock them off?

And then went on to win the Super Bowl?

Starting to buy into the crazy Tebowmania hype....is that wrong?
Original post by tubster

Original post by tubster
Two things I hate as a Mike backer, being cut blocked and rushing O-Lineman.

Why do you hate rushing?
Reply 3212
Predictions for this weekend guys?

I'm going:
Pats over Broncos
Ravens over Texans
Saints over 49ers
Giants over Packers
Packers, Saints, Ravens, Patriots.
Reply 3214
Original post by The Troll Toll
Why do you hate rushing?

It's a hassle having to shed a block from a lineman and then run to the c gap to stop the run. Especially when you play birmingham and their lineman eat metal for a living
Original post by tubster

Original post by tubster
It's a hassle having to shed a block from a lineman and then run to the c gap to stop the run. Especially when you play birmingham and their lineman eat metal for a living

Who do you play for?
Reply 3216
Original post by The Troll Toll
Who do you play for?

London Blitz
Original post by tubster

Original post by tubster
London Blitz

When did you play Birmingham? They were Div 1 last season :confused:
Reply 3218
When i played Uni ball mate. Played for Aces.
Reply 3219
Original post by RabbitCFH
Packers, Saints, Ravens, Patriots.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner :wink:

Latest