The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2500
Original post by jevira
Yes to all your questions.

Thanks! Just a last question: I am a little bit confused whether I applied to the right program. CS calls it Spring Insight but the position I applied for is called Analyst ... So is did I really apply for spring week? ^^
Original post by Hatchet
To people who sent off a Credit Suisse application, as soon as you submitted your application were you asked to complete a verbal test within two days?

Yup, and a numerical one as well - that appears after the verbal.
Reply 2502
Hey guys, for all you people that applied to Barclays, I took the numeracy, got an email saying I passed it so took the verbal and have so far received nothing else. Anyone else in the same position?
Reply 2503
Original post by WHITKA
Hey guys, for all you people that applied to Barclays, I took the numeracy, got an email saying I passed it so took the verbal and have so far received nothing else. Anyone else in the same position?

Pretty much everyone.
Reply 2504
Original post by TomasK
Pretty much everyone.

Sweet thanks! What division you going for? :smile:
Reply 2505
Original post by WHITKA
Sweet thanks! What division you going for? :smile:

S&T, the T side.
Reply 2506
Original post by smarty_kay
which area did you apply to?

Applied to operation .. you?
Reply 2507
For all those who have PM'ed me about posting some things I was asked in the JPM interview - I would like to point out a few things. Firstly when I was interviewed there were 8 other people being interviewed. I spoke to them during the break and at the end of the day and they were all interviewed by different people - they have many different interviewers. Also they were all asked completely different questions - so the odds of you guys being asked what I was aksed is very very low indeed.

Also interviews next week for IBD are at a different place - a different JP mogran- they are at citypoint - this is a different office and so increases the chances of different questions even more - since the people who interviewed me were based in the office I travelled too.

Many people still don't seem to realise these interviews are not by HR -who have a set list of questions they ask - these interviews are by associates / VP etc who ask what the hell they want. For example they steer the direction of the conversation - and they do not have to ask any specific questions - for example in one of my interviews we discussed -I know this will sound ridiculous - we talked about whether aliens exists - this is a perfect example of how they ask what they want.

To sum it - the interviews are unpredictable - it is not like a cambridge interview where they have a set list of questions - they do what they want at JP.
Reply 2508
Citi test invite. I know it's been briefly discussed that you're timed per question and it gets harder/easier depending on if you get it right, but what are the actual questions like? Are they similar to SHL's?
hey does anyone know how long is the Credit Suisse telephone interview and what type of questions do they usually ask? are they competency-based or technical? and is there a further stage such as a AC after the tel interview?
thank you!
Reply 2510
Original post by philippat
hey does anyone know how long is the Credit Suisse telephone interview and what type of questions do they usually ask? are they competency-based or technical? and is there a further stage such as a AC after the tel interview?
thank you!

Sorry I can't help with the questions (sure someone else on here will)

But how did you find out about the CS interview - did they call or email?
Reply 2511
Okay this is weird. I applied to Barcap last night. Got a phone call at 10:30 AM for an impromptu telephone interview and then invitation to AC. Very odd indeed.
Original post by miml

email
Reply 2513
Original post by WHITKA
Okay this is weird. I applied to Barcap last night. Got a phone call at 10:30 AM for an impromptu telephone interview and then invitation to AC. Very odd indeed.

You for real? My scepticism levels are high on this.
Reply 2514
Original post by TomasK
You for real? My scepticism levels are high on this.

Wouldn't lie to you. Don't see the point. Its bizarre... I am applying for technology though so maybe application rates are way down?
Original post by miml

Hi,

I've had my interview yesterday. The interview was not done by HR personnel but rather employee from a particular department you applied to. It was more of a casual talk where she introduced herself to me, follow by mine introduction. There wasn't any specific question she set out. Just question on my background, why i choose CS and some intuitive questions.
Reply 2516
RBS logic test was very difficult.
Do you know if you every had to click "submit" for each answer?
As in, I would click on my selection so it filled in the ? box on the grid, but never clicked submit, let it just time out. Will that still record my selection?

And was it one of those ones that adjusts question difficulty according to how you are doing. Like they would get harder and harder, then I'd get one wrong and it would become easier again, then get harder and harder, etc.
Aghh that was not fun
Original post by adidas1989
Hi,

I've had my interview yesterday. The interview was not done by HR personnel but rather employee from a particular department you applied to. It was more of a casual talk where she introduced herself to me, follow by mine introduction. There wasn't any specific question she set out. Just question on my background, why i choose CS and some intuitive questions.

cool. do you know if there is a further stage to the application process or is the telephone interview the last stage? thanks
Original post by LawQC
For all those who have PM'ed me about posting some things I was asked in the JPM interview - I would like to point out a few things. Firstly when I was interviewed there were 8 other people being interviewed. I spoke to them during the break and at the end of the day and they were all interviewed by different people - they have many different interviewers. Also they were all asked completely different questions - so the odds of you guys being asked what I was aksed is very very low indeed.

Also interviews next week for IBD are at a different place - a different JP mogran- they are at citypoint - this is a different office and so increases the chances of different questions even more - since the people who interviewed me were based in the office I travelled too.

Many people still don't seem to realise these interviews are not by HR -who have a set list of questions they ask - these interviews are by associates / VP etc who ask what the hell they want. For example they steer the direction of the conversation - and they do not have to ask any specific questions - for example in one of my interviews we discussed -I know this will sound ridiculous - we talked about whether aliens exists - this is a perfect example of how they ask what they want.

To sum it - the interviews are unpredictable - it is not like a cambridge interview where they have a set list of questions - they do what they want at JP.

Then why would it hurt if u tell us what u have been asked?? O_o
Reply 2519
Original post by thecodman
Then why would it hurt if u tell us what u have been asked?? O_o

It wont - thats why I did!!

Latest

Trending

Trending