The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Who's going to Abertay?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by isengard1
I'm applying for Ethical hacking course as an EU student. Hope they accept me or I'll have to hack their undergraduate admissions' databases...I joke, obviously :biggrin:

Anyway, I've heard it's a really competitive course :rolleyes:

Same here... I am also applying to some other simmilar courses at other unies but Abertay was and always is my no. 1 choice + free tuition fee FTW :wink:
Where are u from? PM me
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 161
Is there anyone who has already received an offer for Ethical hacking undergraduate course?
@Isengard Nope, still waiting. Need to stop checking UCAS every 5 minutes really :/
Reply 163
Just chill, you should get an email from UCAS once an offer is made. The funny part starts when you get your offer and you are unsure if you can get those grades :P (for me it was physics exam)
Reply 164
Original post by smartipants
@Isengard Nope, still waiting. Need to stop checking UCAS every 5 minutes really :/

When did you apply? Where r u from?
I just sent my application on 19th December, but I'm already becoming crazy.

@panda: I got 8/10 in Maths and 9/10 in Physics in my last year school report. Do you think I satisfy their requirements?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 165

@panda: I got 8/10 in Maths and 9/10 in Physics in my last year school report. Do you think I satisfy their requirements?

I'm not sure about your educational system. For me it was apply->pick exams (blind)->get an offer->go through exams->wait for results->everything went better than expected. Getting into the course after all this madness feels like winning the jackpot. The requirement was 75%, but that was a year ago.

If you sent your application on 19th December then you're probably not getting anything until the end of February (uni is busy with assessment boards).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 166
Original post by panda s
I'm not sure about your educational system. For me it was apply->pick exams (blind)->get an offer->go through exams->wait for results->everything went better than expected. Getting into the course after all this madness feels like winning the jackpot. The requirement was 75%, but that was a year ago.

If you sent your application on 19th December then you're probably not getting anything until the end of February (uni is busy with assessment boards).

I can't wait so long :s-smilie:
Same date as you, and I'm an Edinburger :smile:

Reply 168
I can't wait so long :s-smilie:

Please, 6 cays passed sicne I sent my application and I already went mad... true story :cool:
I have a bad feeling that I will have to take another gap year :mad::work:
Reply 169
6 days, imagine 6 months :smile:
Reply 170
Original post by THESHade
Please, 6 cays passed sicne I sent my application and I already went mad... true story :cool:
I have a bad feeling that I will have to take another gap year :mad::work:

I'm 20 already. I couldn't wait another year to start studying at university. If I were rejected, I would go for specific certifications of network security and pentesting, although it's not the same.

We need to be optimistic...:rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 171
I'm 20 already. I couldn't wait another year to start studying at university. If I were rejected, I would go for specific certifications of network security and pentesting, although it's not the same.

I'm optimistic after all...:rolleyes:

I will be 20 in July as well ... I think I will wait another year but I will also do some certificates just to be sure I will be accepted next year
You at least ahve good grades :biggrin: I was totally ignoring the grades beecause I enver thought I will need em ... FML
Reply 172
If you are a CEH or similar you probably won't need the EH course :smile:
Reply 173
Hey guys,

The reason most people haven't heard back yet is because the UK system for university applications, UCAS, only closed at the weekend, so applications are only being processed now. I know a few people who have started to receive offers though, so I'd imagine it won't be too long now.
You guys don't have long to wait for offers because I received an offer the other day. :smile:

Unconditional offer for Criminological Studies. :biggrin: So happy right now!
Reply 175
Original post by Ziggy-Stardust
You guys don't have long to wait for offers because I received an offer the other day. :smile:

Unconditional offer for Criminological Studies. :biggrin: So happy right now!

Gratz
Will u visit Abertay as well before deffo. accepting their offer?
Gratz
Will u visit Abertay as well before deffo. accepting their offer?

Cheers! Abertay isn't my first choice but if I do end up accepting the offer, I probably will. I've been to Dundee numerous times before as I only live about half an hour away, but I've never been to the campus so I'd like to check it out. How about you?
Reply 177
Cheers! Abertay isn't my first choice but if I do end up accepting the offer, I probably will. I've been to Dundee numerous times before as I only live about half an hour away, but I've never been to the campus so I'd like to check it out. How about you?

I am coming to Dundee in late March as I live couple of hundreds miles away and by that time I might be even rejected :biggrin:
Nevertheless, I want to visit the city and my no. 1 choice and then compare other ones accordingly.
I am coming to Dundee in late March as I live couple of hundreds miles away and by that time I might be even rejected :biggrin:
Nevertheless, I want to visit the city and my no. 1 choice and then compare other ones accordingly.

Don't say that! I'm sure you'll be fine.
You'll probably like Dundee. It's a pretty nice city to be honest. It's got rough areas but what city doesn't? Shopping and nightlife aren't all that bad either. Where's your first choice anyway?
Reply 179
Don't say that! I'm sure you'll be fine.
You'll probably like Dundee. It's a pretty nice city to be honest. It's got rough areas but what city doesn't? Shopping and nightlife aren't all that bad either. Where's your first choice anyway?

Abertay is my no. 1 choice. Then I am unsure about my other choices. Iwill need to visit the campus and cities to make a solid decision.

What`s urs no. 1 choice?

Quick Reply

Latest