The Student Room Group

AQA Physics B Unit 1: Harmony and Structure in the Universe - 12th Jan

Hey TSR,

I know that AQA Physics B is the less-taken of the AQA physics (why does my 6th form even do Physics B and not A?!), but I'm guessing there might be some people on here who have their Physics B Unit 1 exam tomorrow?

If so, how have you found revision? Confident for tomorrows exam? I've been finding the past papers pretty much fine, fingers crossed we don't get a dodgy paper!
Reply 1
i didnt do it but gd kuvk
Reply 2
That paper was soooooooo hard, had some really dodgey calculations in it. Hoping that the grade boundaries are the lowest of the low.
Reply 3
ikr! it was solid! i was hopin someone was gonna do an unofficial mark scheme, i didnt realise that virtually noone does this spec!
Reply 4
hahaha ikr i was looking for a forum and i had to scroll through 3452345434543 A spec forums to get to this one :P
Reply 5
wow.
Reply 6
wtf was with the duration of the bang question!!!
Reply 7
Yoo
OP
I think for the duration of the bang, as 1 Watt = 1 Joule per second, you had to use the 5% of the 500J thing to give you 25J, then I think you did 25J/200W which gives you 125ms.

Ridiculous paper though. A shame that you spend hours and hours of your time revising heavily for one exam, then they give you a dodgy paper that half of it isn't even related to the syllabus. It was heavily maths based, unorganised and all over the place.
Reply 8
ahh i wrote 5% of 500j = 25j so hopefully one mark! . it was terrible worst paper i have ever done!
Reply 9
definitely the worst paper i've ever done too. Some of the stuff they expected us to know is absolutely ridiculous. All that time i spent reading through that boring textbook, just for impossible calculations to come up. Load of ****.
(edited 12 years ago)
I think I had a bit of a shocker in the maths department as well as it being a hard paper. I ended up getting things like 0.95 degrees for an angle from a satellite. Not a great day.
Reply 11
It was soooo hard... i hope the grade boundaries are lower :frown:
if we all found it hard then they should make the grade boundaries lower....
Reply 12
Original post by jameswasnthere
I think I had a bit of a shocker in the maths department as well as it being a hard paper. I ended up getting things like 0.95 degrees for an angle from a satellite. Not a great day.

I got 0.95 degrees for that question too, i think its right because answers that small have came up in the past papers and they were right :smile:
Reply 13
Thank god someone else got 0.95 degrees for the angle! Thought that was ridiculously small. Why is it no matter how much revision you do for Physics B the papers are always so bad! :frown:
Is there anyway to get that paper in pdf??
I have a mock with that paper soon and quite scared after I heard how hard it was. Anyone still remember what kind of questions were there which are like high marks?
Reply 15
3 years later, I've got the exam tomorrow, hope I don't get a dodgy paper like you guys did

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending