The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ebam_uk
Does anyone know if the RBS SW in general is split by division ie Front Office, Middle Office, Back Office: Or IBD, ( if it is even running anymore) or S&T etc Operations, IT

I didn't know there were spring weeks for BO
Reply 2541
Original post by eco1234
Email. How do you know the person who emailed you was an analyst?

Original post by eco1234
Yeah as in 2 hours ago

When did you send off your application form?
Original post by TroTro

I sent off my application one hour before the deadline and got a telephone interview a few hours ago.
I just hope that everyone gets back to me and gives me a decent look at instead of something like Nomura who apparently already have all the places filled up. I'd hate that to be the case, but of course we can never really know how lazy or otherwise they are.
Reply 2544
Original post by Michael XYZ
I just hope that everyone gets back to me and gives me a decent look at instead of something like Nomura who apparently already have all the places filled up. I'd hate that to be the case, but of course we can never really know how lazy or otherwise they are.

Some banks reward early applicants, others penalise them. Unfair!
Yes, that's my only worry, that by applying kinda late (mid December) some will have already picked applicants. It's always dodgy though - no way to know how they pick. Heck, they could just pick names out of a hat.
Reply 2546
Original post by JaMaS
Thanks! Just a last question: I am a little bit confused whether I applied to the right program. CS calls it Spring Insight but the position I applied for is called Analyst ... So is did I really apply for spring week? ^^

I think yes. When I applied for the DB one, it appearad as a "Pre-Analyst Program" despite having applied for the spring into banking program.
Good luck!
Reply 2547
Original post by TroTro

A couple of days before the deadline
Reply 2548
is the deutsche bank test much harder than the practice questions???

cheers
Reply 2549
i haven't hear anything from morgan stanley for over a month after completing the online tests but when I went on to my account on the application system the status of my application is "expired".

Do you think this means I have simply been rejected or do you think it is because I haven't completed a requirement within a certain time-frame - I have had two missed calls from unknown numbers over the past month but no emails from Morgan Stanley.
Original post by mcs08
i haven't hear anything from morgan stanley for over a month after completing the online tests but when I went on to my account on the application system the status of my application is "expired".

Do you think this means I have simply been rejected or do you think it is because I haven't completed a requirement within a certain time-frame - I have had two missed calls from unknown numbers over the past month but no emails from Morgan Stanley.

How do you check your status on MS? :zomg:
Reply 2551
Original post by Marc Fiorano
How do you check your status on MS? :zomg:

Sorry in trying to explain how to check it I realised the mistake I had been making, I had saved a previously application as a draft and when I logged into the application system again the draft popped up again and because the deadline has now expired the status says expired - I thought this was the status of my submitted application!!
Very silly lol :colondollar:
Original post by gangst
is the deutsche bank test much harder than the practice questions???

cheers

The questions for them were exactly the same as for another bank, or at least, I had honestly seen those questions elsewhere. Luckily I remembered some of the answers and shaved off a few minutes.
Rejected for the HSBC First Year internship :frown:
Original post by milanftw
heyy :smile:

just wanted to say hello to people here, and thank for much valuable info :wink:
ive registered on the website just today, but have been following these threads for a while now

got 1 specific question:
-i applied for CS and was invited immidiately to do verbal reasoning (and was given 2 days to do it);
-after 2 days ive done verbal reasoning, and i was actually very satisfied with how the test went..
-then i was immidiately invited to do numerical, which i wanted to give some practice first, just to get comfortable with working under time preassure

-my question would be - how much time do i actually have to do numerical? is it additional 2 days, or was the 2 days limit for both? or does it even matter how long one waits until he does his test?

You have 2 days from the time of the invitation to take the numerical test (so an additional 2 days). They rarely reject you if you go over though. I got my BarCap numerical invite 10 days ago, and just did it today. I also went like a day over with JPMorgan i think.
Reply 2555
Anyone know how long RBS take to contact you if you passed their logical to sit the numerical, my application is for GBM Markets??

is it instant if you pass?

just done the logical....erghh...reminds me of UKCAT...reckon i got about 8/12...quite tricky i thought.
Reply 2556
Does anyone literally have any idea of the dates of the spring weeks lol - this is ridiculous how the banks don't actually write them down?

What will people do if they get offers from 2 top banks - obviously it would reflect badly on us if we say no to a bank and reply for a summer or analyst programme....
Original post by yahyahyahs
Rejected for the HSBC First Year internship :frown:

=( Is the deadline for that over?
Reply 2558
Original post by LawQC
Does anyone literally have any idea of the dates of the spring weeks lol - this is ridiculous how the banks don't actually write them down?

What will people do if they get offers from 2 top banks - obviously it would reflect badly on us if we say no to a bank and reply for a summer or analyst programme....

if u get 2 offers, then accept 2 if the dates don't clash... and banks won't give a f*** if you decline an offer this year for SW and apply for summer next year
Original post by LawQC

Chill out.

Most of them won't even have thought about dates yet--RBS at AC there would be two weeks but they didn't have dates yet.

They will tell you the dates when you get an offer though--obviously they are not just going to say 'you have an offer, accept or don't, we won't tell you the dates'.

Latest

Trending

Trending