The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2560
Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts
Chill out.

Most of them won't even have thought about dates yet--RBS at AC there would be two weeks but they didn't have dates yet.

They will tell you the dates when you get an offer though--obviously they are not just going to say 'you have an offer, accept or don't, we won't tell you the dates'.

RBS is the exception tho - I swear most banks only have 1 week.............
Original post by dreams_sky
=( Is the deadline for that over?

No, end of the month.
Original post by yahyahyahs
No, end of the month.

Did you even get to do any tests?? they rejected me saying i havnt met the eligibility requirements for HSBC 1st yr internship :s-smilie:
Reply 2563
Original post by LawQC
RBS is the exception tho - I swear most banks only have 1 week.............

If I recall GS has a 2-week SW as well.

EDIT: HSBC rejection with no test, wtf? (for the spring programme btw)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2564
No point worrying about dates. Firstly you'll only consider dates if you have an offer. Should you get two offers with clashing dates then it is a case of evaluating each one (conversion to intern rates, prestige etc) and deciding then.
Wow.. I thought I totally f*cked up the numerical for MS but just got a call and now scheduled for first round of telephone interview. Yay! :biggrin:
Reply 2566
Original post by Raphael_R
Wow.. I thought I totally f*cked up the numerical for MS but just got a call and now scheduled for first round of telephone interview. Yay! :biggrin:

Congrats man. When did you apply?
Reply 2567
Original post by Raphael_R

Just out of interest. When will you be having your interview considering they only contacted you today? Is it a relatively quick process or will you have to wait something like next month, lol.

Cheers for the answer and congrats bro.
Reply 2568
RBS Operations assessment centre next week, any idea what i should expect?

Cheers
Reply 2569
Original post by TomasK
If I recall GS has a 2-week SW as well.

EDIT: HSBC rejection with no test, wtf? (for the spring programme btw)

ye gs has two weeks which is unfortunate - coz takes over over spring weeks - dont worry about hsbc - just focus on the top bulge brackets - if u ask me rbs, hsbc, lloyds to a lesser extent are gonna go down the drain - with thousands of job cuts etc
Reply 2570
Original post by LawQC
ye gs has two weeks which is unfortunate - coz takes over over spring weeks - dont worry about hsbc - just focus on the top bulge brackets - if u ask me rbs, hsbc, lloyds to a lesser extent are gonna go down the drain - with thousands of job cuts etc

HSBC?! It's very true their IB arm isn't particularly big, especially in relative terms but developed-economy growth is going to be so stagnant for the next 5 years or so that you want to be with a bank with large exposure to the emerging markets. HSBC have this perfectly. Definitely one of the top top banks to be with in the next decade.
Reply 2571
Original post by lilly xx
HSBC?! It's very true their IB arm isn't particularly big, especially in relative terms but developed-economy growth is going to be so stagnant for the next 5 years or so that you want to be with a bank with large exposure to the emerging markets. HSBC have this perfectly. Definitely one of the top top banks to be with in the next decade.

ye hsbc is a good bank - but I wouldnt say better than jp, gs or ms
Original post by chris_jo
Congrats man. When did you apply?

1 of december :-)
Original post by TomasK
Just out of interest. When will you be having your interview considering they only contacted you today? Is it a relatively quick process or will you have to wait something like next month, lol.

Cheers for the answer and congrats bro.

Next week
Barclays Capital AC
Reply 2575
Original post by LawQC
ye hsbc is a good bank - but I wouldnt say better than jp, gs or ms

No of course not, I just wouldn't put it in the same league as RBS in terms of future growth or lack of it.
Reply 2576
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Barclays Capital AC

When is yours?
Original post by WHITKA
When is yours?

January. Did you apply for the front office spring week?
Reply 2578
Original post by i_hate_teeth
January. Did you apply for the front office spring week?

Nope, Technology, thought FO would be full cos I only applied 3 days ago.
Reply 2579
I think MS get back to you either based on when you applied - the later you applied the quicker they get back to you or how well you did in the numerical test - the better you did the longer they will reply - based on what my friends have said.

Latest

Trending

Trending