The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8220
Original post by Vulpes
Just had to be right after the night I find a club with open bar for 20 quid entry :facepalm:

Is that like one of the places where the queue is so long/the staff serve so slowly that you only end up getting like £10 quids worth of drinks during the night anyway?
Reply 8221
Original post by Beska
Is that like one of the places where the queue is so long/the staff serve so slowly that you only end up getting like £10 quids worth of drinks during the night anyway?

Nope :smile: The staff there were really efficient. There was no need to push through the crowd or anything. And people actually collect their drinks and head back to the tables instead of hogging up the bar areas. :smile:
I swear my brain is dying. I can't seem to learn anything anymore. The lecturer will say a sentence with a keyword in it and 20 seconds later I can't remember the key word but feel like I should like its all cloudy or something. I used to find stuff easy to take in now I'm struggling to even remember basic facts.

I should probably get more sleep.
Reply 8223
Original post by Vulpes
Nope :smile: The staff there were really efficient. There was no need to push through the crowd or anything. And people actually collect their drinks and head back to the tables instead of hogging up the bar areas. :smile:

That's pretty good. :biggrin:
So, a week till my exam. Still have about 500 bacteria and their respective antiobiotics to learn, GI system, and immunology to do. Aswel as revising all of last years content. I just love medical school...
Reply 8225
Somehow I'm not sure surgery is for me - I dropped a bottlecap in the toaster the other day and it took me the best part of an hour to get it out! :tongue:

Although for all those interested I thought this video was pretty good (and the whit are known for their infection control I think).

Original post by RollerBall
I swear my brain is dying. I can't seem to learn anything anymore. The lecturer will say a sentence with a keyword in it and 20 seconds later I can't remember the key word but feel like I should like its all cloudy or something. I used to find stuff easy to take in now I'm struggling to even remember basic facts.

I should probably get more sleep.

You're not the only one. I definitely feel like my capacity to take in new things has declined over the last two years. My suspicion is that it does have a lot to do with sleep...
One minute your up, next minute your right back down again!
Original post by fairy spangles
One minute your up, next minute your right back down again!

...that's what she said.
Original post by Isometrix
...that's what she said.

Hard lines. Try some sildenafil?
Had one of those awkward situations where there was a sickie (desaturating SIRS-y post op appendiceal perf) on the ward and I was the only one on the ward...frantically trying to raise the HO and doing some basic stuff for the patient!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8231
Why does nowhere describe the effects of high/low sodium/potassium/calcium on the heart clearly. And why does everywhere give different explanations. :frown:
Original post by Beska
Why does nowhere describe the effects of high/low sodium/potassium/calcium on the heart clearly. And why does everywhere give different explanations. :frown:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21660912
Reply 8233

Thank you. :smile: I would have no idea how to search for an article like that, you're a lifesaver.
Original post by Beska
Thank you. :smile: I would have no idea how to search for an article like that, you're a lifesaver.

No probs :smile:
Today marks hitting the official half way point of Medicine :woo:

:smile:
Original post by rainbowbex
Today marks hitting the official half way point of Medicine :woo:

:smile:

Half way ball at some point?
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Half way ball at some point?

Dinner/evening next friday
Reply 8238
Original post by rainbowbex
Dinner/evening next friday

Woop well done :biggrin:
Reply 8239
Original post by Beska

Have you yet to discover the beauty that is tortora?

In 1st year it was pretty much my bible. Now I use it to read through everything and make notes so I understand it before going somewhere else to read the subject again to make my proper notes as it is a bit dodge and for this year lacking in detail in places. It's fantastic though - explains things simply, clearly and in a logical order. I always start there & would be lost without it.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending