The Student Room Group

We know why guys want to be taller. But why do girls want to be taller?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *dinosaur*
I'm 5'6" so around average I think.
The main reason I want to be taller so I can have long legs.

Same here. :smile: Long legs are hot.
A few of my friends that are around 5'5 would like to be taller..I think petite girls are really cute, they look small and perfect.
So I don't have to stand on a chair to reach the sink.
Reply 43
Original post by ScottishShortiex
My reason...I'm too short. Not even 5ft and I'm 18, so will probably not grow anymore. If I were too be a little taller even 5'3 or something then i wouldn't need to use a stool in work to reach stuff! :frown:

Well you sound as cute as button
Reply 44
I guess I'd just seem a little slimmer. :colondollar: I'm just over 5ft.
Reply 45
I've always liked being tall. I'm 5'9". I know some girls are a bit insecure about it, but I wouldn't want to be any shorter. I generally find taller people more attractive, the taller, the better. :tongue: I am bisexual and this applies to both men and women. There is a really hot girl I know who is over 6'. I don't think I would have noticed her as much if she was a lot shorter.

That's just my preference though and I know some guys are put off by tall girls. I used to be with a guy shorter that me and it bothered him. I didn't even notice he was shorter than me though till it was pointed out.
Reply 46
I'm 5'8 and happy with my height. Most girls here are around my height ( the average height is 5'6). So I've never felt particularly tall.
I always wanted to be tallish. I don't know...I liked the idea of it, I guess. It's quite helpful sometimes. When you attend gigs, reaching for things etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by ScottishShortiex
My reason...I'm too short. Not even 5ft and I'm 18, so will probably not grow anymore. If I were too be a little taller even 5'3 or something then i wouldn't need to use a stool in work to reach stuff! :frown:

The shorter and the girl, the SEXIER, more FEMININE she is in in my eyes!

I refuse to marry a tall or even average height girl that's fat!

Being a short, slim girl ROCKS!

EDIT: neg me more, feed me more!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 48
I seriously disagree that men don't find tall attractive. (And I'm not just saying this because I'm 5'9" which is an inch smaller than what you consider ugly on a girl.....lovely thing to say by the way...) Guys just want a girl to be shorter than them, surely? And isn't one of a guy's favourite features on girls their legs?
I'm not sure why girls want to be taller all the time (I don't want to be any taller obv) but it may have something to do with the fact that the minimum height to be a professional model is 5'8". I'm not saying that all girls want to be models but there's something about being the height of a model that is desirable I suppose.
Are you short by any chance? Is that why you have a problem with tall girls?
Reply 49
the majority of trousers made, with the exception being petite ranges, are made for the typical tall, long legged woman. i hate either having to tailor trousers or fold them up, its such a nuisance.
Original post by 079
5 ft 4 is average..
so you either live in a place full of BFGs or you need to measure yourself again and check the 5 wasnt a 4

LOL no i live in place where most girls are tall
Original post by Kazbian
I've always liked being tall. I'm 5'9". I know some girls are a bit insecure about it, but I wouldn't want to be any shorter. I generally find taller people more attractive, the taller, the better. :tongue: I am bisexual and this applies to both men and women. There is a really hot girl I know who is over 6'. I don't think I would have noticed her as much if she was a lot shorter.

That's just my preference though and I know some guys are put off by tall girls. I used to be with a guy shorter that me and it bothered him. I didn't even notice he was shorter than me though till it was pointed out.

I've also always have enjoyed being tall at 5'11.5, and I'd hate to be average height/shorter! Tall girls should try to embrace their height- of course it comes with a few downsides, but it can't be changed. I also seem to notice tall people more as well- there's this girl I know and she's a fair few inches taller than myself (I'd say around 6'3?), but her height gives her this incredible elegance (+she's hot)

Also, just for another bisexual perspective- do you find yourself adopting any double standards about height (i.e. finding taller men attractive but having the same apply to a lesser extent for women)?
Legs 11 baby
Reply 53
Longer legs would be nice. There is such a huge fuss about nice legs now so when you have short stumpy ones like mine you can't help but want longer ones.
Original post by laurie:)
the majority of trousers made, with the exception being petite ranges, are made for the typical tall, long legged woman. i hate either having to tailor trousers or fold them up, its such a nuisance.

What?!?!? Where are these magical shops? As a tall female, I have major problems finding trousers that actually touch my ankles (5'11, 34-36 inch inside leg and size 6-8)!
Reply 55
Original post by Chaofan88
What?!?!? Where are these magical shops? As a tall female, I have major problems finding trousers that actually touch my ankles (5'11, 34-36 inch inside leg and size 6-8)!

h&m, primark, topshop, new look, practically all high street shops sell trousers that are horrendously long for me! i bought some smart work trousers the other day and had to take several inches off the bottom!
Original post by ironandwine
I'm 4'10"and 19 years old... go figure.

Ooooh me too! :biggrin:

I don't mind it so much, although my friends took the piss out of me when that show Seven Dwarfs came out (about the midget celebrities) because one of them was only 2 inches shorter than me...:redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by laurie:)
h&m, primark, topshop, new look, practically all high street shops sell trousers that are horrendously long for me! i bought some smart work trousers the other day and had to take several inches off the bottom!

Ah fair enough- you must be tiny! All of the trousers there are too short and if I do by fluke ever find a long enough pait of trousers, they're almost always too long :tongue:
Reply 58
maybe so girls can look down guys tops?
I guess it would be nice to have longer legs but heels give that illusion anyway. Long, slim legs look great but I also quite like the look of some strong, shorter legs too (like Shakira). I'm a girl and like being small. :smile: Sometimes :P
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest