The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mashalli
When did they email/call you? Do they only send out their interviews every wednesday or just that they interview on a wednesday?

They called me Tuesday morning and when I called them back to confirm an interview date, they sent me an email.

My interview is on Wednesday, though I don't know if they only do interviews on Wednesdays...

Good luck :smile: Where else did you apply?
Reply 1321
Congrats on interviews people.

I'm still waiting to hear, driving me crazy waiting. Ive had rejections from Bristol and Kings. :frown:
Original post by Je551ca
Congrats on interviews people.

I'm still waiting to hear, driving me crazy waiting. Ive had rejections from Bristol and Kings. :frown:

Aww :frown: Hopefully you will hear from them soon, the interview cycle has not finished yet. I got rejected from Sussex :frown:

If you don't mind me asking, what are your grades?
(edited 12 years ago)
Hiaaa :smile: I got an interview today! I mean.. they left me a voicemail to pick a date for my interview but now its kinda too late to phone them back haha!
Im soo happpy though!
What kind of questions do you think they'll be asking ?
+ its a bit weird cause they dont do interviews for A100 course, and they do for Us hmm :/
Oh and anyone applying for medicine 'widening-access' thing in nottingham??? I havent heard anything from them though :/
Got a rejection from EastAnglia from the widenign access, because my grades were too good, so they offered a consideration for Biomed, but i think im gonna reject it :/
Reply 1324
Original post by banana_smoothie
Hiaaa :smile: I got an interview today! I mean.. they left me a voicemail to pick a date for my interview but now its kinda too late to phone them back haha!
Im soo happpy though!
+ its a bit weird cause they dont do interviews for A100 course, and they do for Us hmm :/
Oh and anyone applying for medicine 'widening-access' thing in nottingham??? I havent heard anything from them though :/
Got a rejection from EastAnglia from the widenign access, because my grades were too good, so they offered a consideration for Biomed, but i think im gonna reject it :/

I'm in the same boat for East Anglia if you have predicted AAA they put you through to the 5 year course, then I got rejected.
When I was applying I remember reading somewhere I think it was on this thread that they reject AAA applicants for the Nottingham 6 year course.

For East Anglia you can kind of play the system if you don't want to do biomed at UEA, you can change your option to any other course (I say any other what I mean is any other except the ones with early deadlines medicine, oxbridge, vet med and dentistry) at any other university. I did this and chose Biomed at KCL and got an offer.

Also if you don't mind me asking what was your UKCAT, AS levels and GCSEs?
Reply 1325
Original post by Besakt
I'm in the same boat for East Anglia if you have predicted AAA they put you through to the 5 year course, then I got rejected.
When I was applying I remember reading somewhere I think it was on this thread that they reject AAA applicants for the Nottingham 6 year course.

For East Anglia you can kind of play the system if you don't want to do biomed at UEA, you can change your option to any other course (I say any other what I mean is any other except the ones with early deadlines medicine, oxbridge, vet med and dentistry) at any other university. I did this and chose Biomed at KCL and got an offer.

Also if you don't mind me asking what was your UKCAT, AS levels and GCSEs?

Congrats!
Reply 1326
Original post by Medican
Congrats!

Thanks, first time I heard anything from UCAS after 3 months. Although I would prefer to be doing medicine.
Original post by banana_smoothie
Im soo happpy though!

Congrats! :smile:
When's your interview? Mine's on the 1st feb. Do you know if it's a conventional interview or MMI?
Reply 1328
Original post by Besakt
Thanks, first time I heard anything from UCAS after 3 months. Although I would prefer to be doing medicine.

I am yet to hear a thing from UCAS. Really annoying when people ask me how my application is going. ¬_¬
Reply 1329
Original post by Medican
I am yet to hear a thing from UCAS. Really annoying when people ask me how my application is going. ¬_¬

Yeah I know what you mean, I know somebody who always asks me how UCAS is going whenever I see her. Tbh it gets pretty annoying but I know they mean well.
Reply 1330
Do you think they have given out all the interview dates? I am :-(
Original post by mashalli
Do you think they have given out all the interview dates? I am :-(

no...interviews go all the way until mid march.....they give interviews out about 2 weeks before

to those who have interviews on the 18th....well done :biggrin:

just be confident and TRY to stay calm and collected....make sure you know your PS inside out though
I got an interview for the 1st of feb :biggrin:
The lady called me on the 13th and she said she would send me an email of confirmation to my hotmail but still haven't got one yet.
Just wondering how long after the phone call you get the confirmation email?
Reply 1333
Original post by Besakt

Is it true that Nottingham rejects students with AAA prediction for the foundation medicine programe?

Quite worried now :frown:
Reply 1334
Original post by casio1
Is it true that Nottingham rejects students with AAA prediction for the foundation medicine programe?

Quite worried now :frown:

Yes, I remember I was going to apply there but then I read somebody sent an email that is the reply they got.
Out of interest, what actually is the motivation of the people who're getting straight a's to apply for wams and not 5 year courses?
Original post by SAmandha
I got an interview for the 1st of feb :biggrin:
The lady called me on the 13th and she said she would send me an email of confirmation to my hotmail but still haven't got one yet.
Just wondering how long after the phone call you get the confirmation email?

I got the email like two hours later. My interview is on the first of feb too :smile:
Original post by a05aafzul
Out of interest, what actually is the motivation of the people who're getting straight a's to apply for wams and not 5 year courses?

My UKCAT was really low and I didn't think I would be particularly good at BMAT. And I didn't want to make big risks with 4 A100 courses, so instead I did 3 A100 courses and BM6. It's just a good back up I suppose for many people....
Reply 1338
Original post by Moonthana
My UKCAT was really low and I didn't think I would be particularly good at BMAT. And I didn't want to make big risks with 4 A100 courses, so instead I did 3 A100 courses and BM6. It's just a good back up I suppose for many people....

For the record you do know this is just as competitive if not more than the standard 5 year course there is much less places.
Original post by Besakt
For the record you do know this is just as competitive if not more than the standard 5 year course there is much less places.

Yeah I do. I did my research very thoroughly before applying to any medical school. But the fact is medicine is going to be extremely competitive to get into wherever you go. And seeing as I was eligible for the BM6 and exceeded their entry requirements, I thought it was worth a shot. I've got an interview for BM6 so, so far it's worth it, the deciding factor will be my interview performance...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending