The Student Room Group

Don't Tell the Bride

Does anyone know how the couples featured in Don't Tell the Bride fare after filming? I know in one of the review shows that a couple had divorced, but I always wondered if anyone else had seperated/divorced. I've had a look online but can't really find anything out.

I'm pathetically addicted to the show, and I'm not even planning a wedding! My own wedding was a quick shotgun type of deal!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They have done shows about 2 years after seeing about the couple are, what happened since and stuff like that.
I have watched a few of those.
Original post by Lyde
Does anyone know how the couples featured in Don't Tell the Bride fare after filming? I know in one of the review shows that a couple had divorced, but I always wondered if anyone else had seperated/divorced. I've had a look online but can't really find anything out.

I'm pathetically addicted to the show, and I'm not even planning a wedding! My own wedding was a quick shotgun type of deal!

There was a Christmas special where they caught up with three of the couples,
the skydiving glaswegian one, the thorpe park one, and the sci-fi one, and they were still going strong.
Reply 3
I saw that one, and I think the Vegas disaster couple are still together aswell!
I love this show! It always makes me smile because the bride always likes it in the end. Even the one where he made a cake shaped like her nose...

Though I have heard rumours that if the planning is going too well, the producers sabotage it. In one episode they purposefully "forgot" to deliver the bridesmaids dresses until the day before.
Reply 5
Original post by llama-beans
I love this show! It always makes me smile because the bride always likes it in the end. Even the one where he made a cake shaped like her nose...

Though I have heard rumours that if the planning is going too well, the producers sabotage it. In one episode they purposefully "forgot" to deliver the bridesmaids dresses until the day before.

I definately think theres some of that going on...and in the intro they always edit it to make it look like the bride hates her dress, and they hardly ever do!
Original post by Lyde
I definately think theres some of that going on...and in the intro they always edit it to make it look like the bride hates her dress, and they hardly ever do!

I always wonder why the bride never mentions what kind of things like dress, flowers.. she would like/hate when they apply for the show/get engaged etc. Especially in the episode where the couple had planned a wedding together before but run out of money!
Reply 7
I find the show a little frustrating because the bride always ends up being happy with what the groom has set up. It ALWAYS turns out alright, despite all the build up of problems, it's always a happy ending. I don't find that as exciting if I'm totally honest lol. I want drama!
Reply 8
Original post by llama-beans
I always wonder why the bride never mentions what kind of things like dress, flowers.. she would like/hate when they apply for the show/get engaged etc. Especially in the episode where the couple had planned a wedding together before but run out of money!

Definately! They are going to know beforehand that they have got on the show, so why don't they sit down and sort it all out together?

I do have to wonder though when the bride doesn't even know what kind of dress they like-how on earth does the bloke stand a chance then of choosing the right one!
Reply 9
Original post by Pride
I find the show a little frustrating because the bride always ends up being happy with what the groom has set up. It ALWAYS turns out alright, despite all the build up of problems, it's always a happy ending. I don't find that as exciting if I'm totally honest lol. I want drama!

I must admit, I feel the same way! I watched the Vegas one like this :eek:
Reply 10
Original post by Lyde

oh yeah I remember. That should have fallen apart! but it didn't, it was a success :lolwut:

just not as entertaining haha
Reply 11
Original post by Lyde

I love this show as well!!
Reply 12
Original post by Pride
oh yeah I remember. That should have fallen apart! but it didn't, it was a success :lolwut:

This post made me LOL
I used to love it, but it gets a bit same-y after a while because you know the bride's always going to love it and that they'll have a happy ending.
Reply 14
Has anyone noticed that the weddings seem to have got more themed this series? There's been skydiving, a theme park, the pride and prejudice thing; in fact every episode there's been some sort of talking point.

I wonder if ratings have dipped, so they are trying to be as offbeat as possible (although I do like that kind of thing). Don't cancel it, please!
Original post by Lyde

Original post by Pride

I didn't see the Vegas one. :frown:

Original post by angelbones
I used to love it, but it gets a bit same-y after a while because you know the bride's always going to love it and that they'll have a happy ending.

That's part of the appeal to me. I must just be a squishy romantic because I love that it always works out in the end. :smile:
i love this show :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 17
I love this show!

The one with the pushy mother who took her daughter to Paris and thought it was all about her annoyed me no end. But the dress he picked for her was gorgeous... I could go for a dress like that.
Reply 18
Original post by Ponderous
I love this show!

The one with the pushy mother who took her daughter to Paris and thought it was all about her annoyed me no end. But the dress he picked for her was gorgeous... I could go for a dress like that.

Ah, was that the one where the guy was a farmer and he decorated the barn? He did such a good job. The mother reminded me of Matt Lucas as Marjorie Dawes.
Reply 19
By the way, I'm also addicted to the RocknRoll Bride blog...it's all alternative/rockabilly/tattooed/vintage style weddings in the UK and US. I could cry at some of the weddings as they are exactly how I wish our wedding could have been! I'd quite like to see something like that on DTTB, they had the skater guy this series who had the fairground theme reception though.

Quick Reply

Latest