The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Price of a bus from Edinburgh to St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

mikeyz54
Sorry to bring up this thread again, but can a ticket for the x59 be bought on the day? (I'm going from Edinburgh airport to St Andrews and back)

Yes. In fact I don't think you can book in advance, it's just a normal bus service that happens to cover quite a long distance (and has nicer buses).

Edit: You just buy the ticket from the driver when you get on the bus. Ask for a return to St Andrews.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 21
la_banane_verte
Yes. In fact I don't think you can book in advance, it's just a normal bus service that happens to cover quite a long distance (and has nicer buses).

Edit: You just buy the ticket from the driver when you get on the bus. Ask for a return to St Andrews.

Great! Thanks very much :smile:
Reply 22
Anyone know if a return to St Andrews is valid over a couple of days, or whether you have to return the same day?
Original post by TOMathon
Anyone know if a return to St Andrews is valid over a couple of days, or whether you have to return the same day?

St Andrews-Glasgow return ticket is valid for 4 weeks/30 days (can't remember which) so I assume it's the same for Edinburgh :smile:
Original post by ImperceptibleNinja
I think Quo's estimate sounds about right.

If you get the train to Leuchars, then you'll need to get a bus or taxi into St Andrews. I'd guess a bus would be about £2-3 for a single, or £4-5 for a return (I'm guessing there, but I think they're reasonable guesses from past experience and what I can remember). A taxi would probably be more like £5 each way.

I would expect a bus straight from Edinburgh to be cheaper, unless you have a friend in St Andrews who could pick you up from the train station. I think the train journey would probably be more pleasant, so if the total costs for each journey only differ by a pound or so, then the train might be a nicer option.

The X58 and X60 also go between St Andrews and Edinburgh, but they feature the grand Tour de Fife, which makes the journey longer. You'll probably have no need to know about them, but they're there, just in case :smile:

Taxi to Leuchars minimum £10 each way AFAIK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending