Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
I got and offer for philosophy and film from Essex today!!! Happyyyyy
Reply 481
Offer from Durham! so happy. wahey.
Reply 482
Original post by snoonan
Offer from Durham! so happy. wahey.

Well done! Same here. Are you going to firm/insurance?
Reply 483
Original post by Vestada
Well done! Same here. Are you going to firm/insurance?

Well it depends if I get an offer from Kings, I'd choose Kings over Durham as I'm from the very south of England so its obviously closer to home. If I don't get one from Kings it will definitely be my firm. Heythrop as insurance.
How about you?
Reply 484
Original post by snoonan
Well it depends if I get an offer from Kings, I'd choose Kings over Durham as I'm from the very south of England so its obviously closer to home. If I don't get one from Kings it will definitely be my firm. Heythrop as insurance.
How about you?

It was going to be my firm, but I got a very unexpected offer from Cambridge today, so now it will probably be my insurance. Best of luck of Kings :smile:
Reply 485
Original post by Vestada
It was going to be my firm, but I got a very unexpected offer from Cambridge today, so now it will probably be my insurance. Best of luck of Kings :smile:

congrats :biggrin:
Reply 486
Well, I was rejected from Cambridge on the 5th of January. :frown: Now I think I'll firm either Durham or UCL if I get an offer from there.
Reply 487
Original post by Danz123
Well, I was rejected from Cambridge on the 5th of January. :frown: Now I think I'll firm either Durham or UCL if I get an offer from there.

Aw, sorry :frown: But Durham is awesome too (don't know much about UCL) and they'll be lucky to have you :smile:
Reply 488
Original post by Vestada
Aw, sorry :frown: But Durham is awesome too (don't know much about UCL) and they'll be lucky to have you :smile:

Thanks :smile: and I'm happy I got Durham! Congratulations on getting Cambridge though, you must be an amazing applicant. :tongue:
Original post by snoonan
How about you?

:O i applied for heythrop in nov and still haven't heard back!
everyone seems to have had a decision really quickly!
Original post by Danz123
Thanks :smile: and I'm happy I got Durham! Congratulations on getting Cambridge though, you must be an amazing applicant. :tongue:

hey i got an offer from durham too! do you know what college you're in yet?
Reply 491
Original post by Danz123

Ah, I'll face the durham-UCL dilemma too if I got an offer from UCL. :frown: Any advice on choosing?
Reply 492
Original post by Schlegel
Ah, I'll face the durham-UCL dilemma too if I got an offer from UCL. :frown: Any advice on choosing?

Haha, none at all, both are very good for philosophy. I guess it just depends on whether you want to live in London or in a small town. I think it'd be a good idea to visit Durham and UCL; see the atmosphere; have a look at what lectures and seminars will be like there, then make a decision. I'm just stating the obvious though. :tongue:
Reply 493
Original post by jacksonriddle
hey i got an offer from durham too! do you know what college you're in yet?

I'm in Butler college. I'm thinking about changing, but I'm not sure if I can change after they make a decision. :frown: What about you? :]
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Danz123
I'm in Butler college. I'm thinking about changing, but I'm not sure if I can change after they make a decision. :frown: What about you? :]

yeah i think they're quite fixed about the colleges :frown:
i didn't apply to butler because i'm too lazy to really want to cook for myself so i applied to st cuths, but they're in the same pool so who knows :smile:
Offer from Oxford Brookes (BCC), Birmingham (AAB), Manchester (AAB + interview), Leeds (ABB) and KCL (AAB)

KCL and leeds were the ones I wanted :biggrin: Might not bother with manchester interview everyone says they're a waste of time ... x
Original post by JustCharley
Offer from Oxford Brookes (BCC), Birmingham (AAB), Manchester (AAB + interview), Leeds (ABB) and KCL (AAB)

KCL and leeds were the ones I wanted :biggrin: Might not bother with manchester interview everyone says they're a waste of time ... x

Are you applying for straight Philosophy at Manchester or a combined one? because i applied for straight Philosophy and got an offer of ABB without interview.
Original post by JustCharley

Okay so AAB offer from KCL.. Gratz
I haven't heard back from KCL yet, I'm predicted A*A*A
Four A's in Lower sixth, all traditional academic subjects including a language. 100% in both Philosophy and English literature...
Please fill me in on how you got such an awesome offer from them... and where I may have gone wrong... I didn't do Duke of Edinburgh, is that my problem LOL!

I applied to St Andrews, KCL, Durham, Exeter and Heythrop.
I have offers from the last two and fully intend to firm Heythrop no matter what, just applied to the others to see if I could get in LOL!
Original post by lapis.chloerose
where I may have gone wrong... I didn't do Duke of Edinburgh, is that my problem LOL!

to come to think of it everyone i know who has gotten an offer from KCL did DofE.
that... probably isn't it :biggrin:
Original post by likeanexorcism
Are you applying for straight Philosophy at Manchester or a combined one? because i applied for straight Philosophy and got an offer of ABB without interview.

Combined :smile: Theological Studies in Ethics and Philosophy.

Quick Reply

Latest