The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7340
Original post by Brand New Eyes
I may have said this already but

IT'S THE UCAS DEADLINE IN 11 HOURS AND 7 MINUTES

:eek: might actually get an offer next week!
Original post by Yash13
Woop! Woop! Haha

:woo: might actually get some replies now :colone:

Original post by -Illmatic-
Negged u by accident :facepalm:

:cry2: TSR: y u no let me reverse rep. It's alright. Been waiting for this day soooo long
Original post by Tateco
:eek: might actually get an offer next week!

I KNOW I KNOW! :excited:

Hope they're super quick, gonna start checking UCAS like mad at school now :lol:
Original post by Tateco
x

sorry to hear about the sad news btw :frown:

I didn't hear about the sad news but

:console: :hugs: whoever they were :heart:

LSE :five: yay
Reply 7345

What sad news? :lolwut:
I KNOW I KNOW! :excited:

Hope they're super quick, gonna start checking UCAS like mad at school now :lol:

Yes me too! LSE is going to send out more offers hopefully! It could be already on Tuesday :colone:
UCL Economics offer-holders/open day invitees, did you get a notification through track, or was a letter posted?
Original post by WalkerPrince
UCL Economics offer-holders/open day invitees, did you get a notification through track, or was a letter posted?

Back in my day it was a letter rather than any online communication.
Reply 7349
Original post by alex_hk90
Back in my day it was a letter rather than any online communication.

Lol Grandpa :P That would probably be more nerve racking. I can never open envelopes without being retarded... :L
Reply 7350

How's the job search going? :smile:
Original post by phx
Did 'Economics Today' come in handy? I personally am not going to subscribe to both 'The Economist and 'Economics Today' as I most likely won't read both. I've ordered the Anforme revision guide and I've also purchased:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCR-AS-Economics-National-International/dp/034096670X/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1326630060&sr=8-7

I find these guides useful and decided to order it alongside the Anforme revision guide. Which board are you on for Economics if you don't mind me asking?

Economics Today was a bit technical, but some of the articles are really handy when it comes to essays. The two magazines are very different though, I would say the Economist is more politics than economics.

My board is WJEC, that unknown one that nobody does because it's alot harder than the others. :frown:
Reply 7352
Joke of the day:

"A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?"

Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I'm the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me capitalism. Your Mom, she's the administrator of the money, so we'll call her the Government. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the people. The nanny, we'll consider her the Working Class. And your baby brother, we'll call him the Future. Now, think about that and see if that makes sense,"

So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what dad had said.

Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper. So the little boy goes to his parents' room and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed. The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now."

The father says, "Good son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about."

The little boy replies, "Well, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored and the Future is in deep poo.""
Original post by Tateco
How's the job search going? :smile:

Slowly. I have a telephone interview tomorrow though. :smile:
Reply 7354

Good luck!

那个工司?

我希望你成功! 加油 :woo:

Spoiler

那个工司?

我希望你成功! 加油 :woo:

Spoiler

Towers Watson (我不知道他们有没有中文名字). 谢谢! :smile:

Spoiler

EDIT: Some of the above doesn't show up properly for me, the last characters in the brackets should read "Zhōngwén míngzi".

EDIT 2: Apparently their Chinese name is 韬睿惠悦 (Tāoruì Huìyuè).
(edited 12 years ago)
Towers Watson (我不知道他们有没有中文名字). 谢谢! :smile:

Spoiler

EDIT: Some of the above doesn't show up properly for me, the last characters in the brackets should read "Zhōngwén míngzi".

EDIT 2: Apparently their Chinese name is 韬睿惠悦 (Tāoruì Huìyuè).

可能没有,如果他们不zai中国运营. 不客气

Spoiler

。。。Oh, just read your Edit 2.

Risk Management :beard: ofcourse. *cough*banker

Oh dear, totally should have spotted that. Awkward moment when you write 大不份 instead of 大部分 :facepalm:
Risk Management :beard: ofcourse. *cough*banker

Well, Actuarial Consultancy. :h:

Oh dear, totally should have spotted that. Awkward moment when you write 大不份 instead of 大部分 :facepalm:

That's why if I learn Chinese properly I'd probably want to also learn the other typing method, using the strokes instead of the pronunciation.
Well, Actuarial Consultancy. :h:

That's why if I learn Chinese properly I'd probably want to also learn the other typing method, using the strokes instead of the pronunciation.

All you financial services lot are the same :judge: enjoy your £50000 million bonuses

Ah wubi? But it's so hard, I don't think I'd ever manage to get the hang of it although 五笔画 is meant to be the easiest somehow :/

Latest

Trending

Trending