The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2660
Good luck guys to all those with jpm interviews this week - if I were u revise capitals of countries lol - u have no idea what I was asked lol and also presidents of countries - expect the unexpected !!
Finally did UBS tests earlier today. How long after doing them can you expect a rejection email? I'm not entirely confident on how I did, especially on some of the last few questions of the logical which I did not get at all. Also is there any other aspect to the application now? Thanks :smile:
Hi guys,

I had my telephone interview with Morgan Stanley on the 20th of December (nearly a month ago), and I still haven't heard back. I think I did relatively average, not too amazing, but not too bad. Do you think I should send them an e-mail asking about the status of my application?

From what I've realised, MS is handing out replies currently, and I am still waiting for one..
Reply 2663
Original post by Ray_Han
Finally did UBS tests earlier today. How long after doing them can you expect a rejection email? I'm not entirely confident on how I did, especially on some of the last few questions of the logical which I did not get at all. Also is there any other aspect to the application now? Thanks :smile:

If you don't get a rejection in the next 3/4 days I think it's safe to say you passed the tests

I'm pretty sure they don't interview, so yeah that's all there is to it.
Original post by miml

:eek:

WHY THE HELL DID I MAKE THINGS HARDER FOR MYSELF BY APPLYING TO HORIZONS? :rant:
Reply 2665
Original post by Downbutup
Hi guys,

I had my telephone interview with Morgan Stanley on the 20th of December (nearly a month ago), and I still haven't heard back. I think I did relatively average, not too amazing, but not too bad. Do you think I should send them an e-mail asking about the status of my application?

From what I've realised, MS is handing out replies currently, and I am still waiting for one..

When did you apply? Uni/course?
Reply 2666
Just logged into UBS (standard Sunday evening check) and believe HR status has changed from "Application Complete" to "Application Review." Does this mean anything whatsoever?
Reply 2667
Original post by Amarcou
Just logged into UBS (standard Sunday evening check) and believe HR status has changed from "Application Complete" to "Application Review." Does this mean anything whatsoever?

I think it means you passed the tests.

Mine's been on Application review for a month now, and it changed from complete to review the 3 (working) days after I took the tests.
Original post by TroTro
When did you apply? Uni/course?

I applied in late November. Bristol doing straight Econ.
Reply 2669
Original post by Downbutup
I applied in late November. Bristol doing straight Econ.

Have you got any news from any other banks you have applied to? :smile:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
:eek:

WHY THE HELL DID I MAKE THINGS HARDER FOR MYSELF BY APPLYING TO HORIZONS? :rant:

Yeah I actually really liked the Horizons program, but I didn't want to risk it (chickened out, plus the essay looked tricky :tongue:). I might still try and apply for something similar this summer though.
Original post by miml
If you don't get a rejection in the next 3/4 days I think it's safe to say you passed the tests

Thanks, good (or bad?) to hear :smile:. Fingers crossed for the next few days then.
Reply 2671
UBS dont do interviews?! WTF? If i knew that I would have spent more time on this app...
Reply 2672
Original post by miml

so if you pass UBS tests you get a spring week?!

sounds too good to be true.
Reply 2673
Original post by gangst
so if you pass UBS tests you get a spring week?!

sounds too good to be true.

Lol no, if you pass the tests your app just gets screened, not more, not less. If your background is ****ty, you'll get a rejection sooner or later.
Reply 2674
Original post by jevira
Lol no, if you pass the tests your app just gets screened, not more, not less. If your background is ****ty, you'll get a rejection sooner or later.

oh ok, i assumed ubs pre-screened apps then tested...so its apply, test then screen...

i thought ubs logical was tougher than rbs logical but there you go...
Reply 2675
Original post by gangst
oh ok, i assumed ubs pre-screened apps then tested...so its apply, test then screen...

i thought ubs logical was tougher than rbs logical but there you go...

Dunno, didn't take the RBS one.

But I'm really amazed that UBS doesnt make interviews...
Reply 2676
Original post by LawQC
Good luck guys to all those with jpm interviews this week - if I were u revise capitals of countries lol - u have no idea what I was asked lol and also presidents of countries - expect the unexpected !!

What are you talking about?

I was asked competency and couple of technical questions as well as brain teasers. All the generic stuff.
anyone remembers if it was required to submit Cover Letter during application process for UBS (Insight)?
Reply 2678
Original post by milanftw
anyone remembers if it was required to submit Cover Letter during application process for UBS (Insight)?

yep cover letter too.
Reply 2679
If you havent heard any (phone)interview/AC incite from RBS/DB/MS/CS and applied early december, would you say that there's no chance for those banks now? I.E. Imminent rejection?

Thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending