Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doctor.
nooooooooooooo, i've not got an interview anywhere yet :frown:

Waaaa where did you apply?
And what's your real name? :h:
Original post by laurenl93
Waaaa where did you apply?
And what's your real name? :h:

I applied to Leeds, Lancaster and Liverpool! I love Lancaster too much though!! :bricks:

Real name is Hayley! :biggrin: I take it yours is Lauren(l)? :biggrin:
A quick plug:

Are people aware of the chat threads where they can discuss offers/rejections with others and just generally get to know some people with offers at their university before they go to uni in September?

Offers discussion thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1842443
Rejection consolation/moaning thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1828458

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear from their choices! :smile:
Reply 5003
Original post by Doctor.
nooooooooooooo, i've not got an interview anywhere yet :frown:

Neither have I :frown:
Got an offer yesterday! :biggrin: - feeling excited but also slightly sad/exhausted...

hows everyone else doing?
Reply 5005
Original post by ivegotluckyscrubs
Got an offer yesterday! :biggrin: - feeling excited but also slightly sad/exhausted...

Congrats on your offer!!! :woo:
Original post by ivegotluckyscrubs

Woo! Congrats! Where from? :biggrin:
Got an inteview for the EMDP course at King's College London. :biggrin:

However, haven't heard from anywhere else. :s-smilie:

What about you guys ? Any good/bad news ?
Reply 5008
Congrats Twelve!!! :woo:
Reply 5009
Original post by Medican
Congrats Twelve!!! :woo:

Thankyouuuu :biggrin::biggrin:
Has anyone planned an amazing, once in a lifetime trip yet?

I have three options:

1) Visit the Mountain Gorillas of Uganda/Rwanda/Democratic Republic of Congo
2) The Vatican in Rome
3) North Iraq, the Kurdish region

They're all so amazing. :frown:

This gap year has been so good to me. I initially expected that my gap year will only encompass: boredom, sleep, food, TV, Xbox and the interweb. It started off slowly but it eventually gathered pace, in which I'm currently working in a pharmacy, volunteering at a charity for disabled individuals, nursing home and a hospital. I'm learning how to play the piano and British Sign Language (I could sign up to classes but a) I'm really tight on money and I'm saving up for said holiday b) I prefer learning at my own pace), whilst improving my horrendous Arabic. I've even learnt more about myself; I'm not as confident as I thought I was and I can be too naïve. The only one thing I'm not happy about is that I've let my physique go.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5011
Original post by twelve
Thankyouuuu :biggrin::biggrin:

I told you Sheffield was a good choice !!! Well done
Reply 5012
Original post by Tzarchasm
Has anyone planned an amazing, once in a lifetime trip yet?

I have three options:

1) Visit the Mountain Gorillas of Uganda/Rwanda/Democratic Republic of Congo
2) The Vatican in Rome
3) North Iraq, the Kurdish region

They're all so amazing. :frown:

This gap year has been so good to me. I initially expected that my gap year will only encompass: boredom, sleep, food, TV, Xbox and the interweb. It started off slowly but it eventually gathered pace, in which I'm currently working in a pharmacy, volunteering at a charity for disabled individuals, nursing home and a hospital. I'm learning how to play the piano and British Sign Language (I could sign up to classes but a) I'm really tight on money and I'm saving up for said holiday b) I prefer learning at my own pace), whilst improving my horrendous Arabic. I've even learnt more about myself; I'm not as confident as I thought I was and I can be too naïve. The only one thing I'm not happy about is that I've let my physique go.

Possibly going to Costa Rica for a month to teach orphans English and a bit of maths and science. But I'm not doing anything until after I've heard back from my unis.

How did you get that pharmacy job. I want to do something similar or exactly the same but I'm finding it hard. I don't even know where to start. :s-smilie:
Original post by Medican
Possibly going to Costa Rica for a month to teach orphans English and a bit of maths and science. But I'm not doing anything until after I've heard back from my unis.

How did you get that pharmacy job. I want to do something similar or exactly the same but I'm finding it hard. I don't even know where to start. :s-smilie:

I was fortunate in the sense that my Aunty owns multiple pharmacies.

Firstly, have you got a CV?
Reply 5014
Original post by Medican

NHS jobs if you want to do HCAing. Or I'd try and find the staff bank for your local hospital - that'll mean you can choose your own shifts, which i've found really good!
Original post by Medican

Depends on whether you're looking to be paid or not. If you want to do it voluntarily, I would just phone up your local pharmacy, most would be reasonably happy to accept people for work experience. If you want a paid placement, it'll be much harder to find, however pharmacies often advertise dispenser posts outside the shop so I suppose you could try your luck at that.
Reply 5016
Original post by Tzarchasm
I was fortunate in the sense that my Aunty owns multiple pharmacies.

Firstly, have you got a CV?

Yeah I do have a CV.

Original post by twelve
NHS jobs if you want to do HCAing. Or I'd try and find the staff bank for your local hospital - that'll mean you can choose your own shifts, which i've found really good!

Yeah I'll look for this.
Reply 5017
Has anyone been asked at interview about what they are currently doing? For example, in my statement I mentioned I was working as a supply, however I haven't been 'called' to work since before I wrote the statement. I'm just worried they think I'm bull****ting.
whats everyone doing from now until like august september?
need some inspiration to get some plans sorted so im not bored the next 6/7 months :redface:
Reply 5019
Original post by atomos
whats everyone doing from now until like august september?
need some inspiration to get some plans sorted so im not bored the next 6/7 months :redface:

I think I'm going to try to 'complete' Skyrim. There's that and ranking up on Battlefield which also seems important. But perhaps I may spend that time looking forward to another gap year :frown:

On a more optimistic note, I might travel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending