The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2680
Original post by milanftw
ok, one thing that keeps confusing me:

when asked: "Please indicate whether or not you require work permits for EU"
should I say "yes" or "no"? and how much impact does that question have on the whole application?

i currently live, study and work in Austria
but i have a student visa here, and i come from a non-EU (next year to be if im not wrong) country

i suppose that right answer is "no"
but would that kill my application?

(it is only Spring Insight Programs that i'm applying for atm so i dont know if that question just a formality or one need a work permit even for such programs)

I've always thought that a bank would choose the best candidate as far as they can. Having said that, if you had two identical candidates, its just much easier to accept the one who doesnt need a work visa since it requires less paperwork.

Have you applied anywhere yet?
hey do you maybe remember if we had to submit our cover letter during the application process for UBS?

or was it only what we wrote at the end of the application like "why ubs and this industry" etc..

Hiya, sorry for the late response. I didn't hand in a cover letter or CV for UBS, but they have four questions each about 1000 characters that cover what you would write in them.
Reply 2682
Original post by Sickboy
What are you talking about?

I was asked competency and couple of technical questions as well as brain teasers. All the generic stuff.

I wasnt - u doing markets or IBD?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2683
Original post by thecodman
sorry to hear that :s-smilie: when did you apply to DB and how did they inform you??

I applied just after Christmas, finished the test (which I thought went okay). Just by email after the numerical same for MS.
MS rejection.
Original post by natashabedford
MS rejection.

Sorry to hear that. :frown:
Reply 2686
MS rejection.

I thought u were good at maths??
Reply 2687
thx for that info man, i knew it was like that!

i believe that you should upload your CV and CL at their website tho (not a must probably but dont get rejected because they didnt get a separated cv/cl from start)

just login and select Resume/CV manager.. you can edit/delete/replace/rename them later

btw i forgot to upload them too :wink:

Gahh didn't see this!!
Just done it now - is it important do you think?
Anyone know when they start processing apps?
Original post by LawQC
I thought u were good at maths??

Yeah. These things seem to be random :mad:
This is for UBS Horizons if people need clarification:

"After initial screening, candidates will be asked to submit a short essay. The
final stage is a half-day assessment centre at UBS in London. This will consist of a paper
numerical test, a presentation exercise, competency-based interview and group exercise. You
will be informed of the outcome of your assessment centre within 2 days. Our assessment
centres will be held at the end of January 2012 and middle of February 2012. "

so for horizons there seems to be an interview
Reply 2690
Just done the Citi and RBS tests which are very similar. Both were pretty tricky, Citi went much better but still a couple wrong I think. They just give you not enough time to do a lot of calculating.

How quickly did people hear back?
Reply 2691
Yeah. These things seem to be random :mad:

ye - the time pressure is annoying.
thx for that info man, i knew it was like that!

i believe that you should upload your CV and CL at their website tho (not a must probably but dont get rejected because they didnt get a separated cv/cl from start)

just login and select Resume/CV manager.. you can edit/delete/replace/rename them later

btw i forgot to upload them too :wink:

Thanks, I will have a look at doing this :smile:
Reply 2693
Just did barcap telephone interview.. Will post questions if anyone needs them :smile:
Reply 2694
Original post by WHITKA
Just did barcap telephone interview.. Will post questions if anyone needs them :smile:

why phone interview? Isnt it meant to be a interview day
hey, i applied to citi like a month ago for their citiquest and have heard nothing ...... have people recieved tests?
Reply 2696
Original post by Banker91
why phone interview? Isnt it meant to be a interview day

Got to hold my hands up and say I got confused over what I'd been invited to cos I had just been woken up! But been invited to AC now.

To you guys who pm'ed me, thought Id just put them in the public domain:

Tell me what you know about Barcap?
Why this division in Barcap?
How do you develop working relationships?
What kind of response do you feel you get to these techniques?
What have you done in the last 3 months to go out of your comfort zone?
Give an example of when you worked in a team?
What did you do in this team?
What was your favourite part of working in a team?

And to NatashaBedford, I applied on the 11th January, received a phone call on the 12th, had interview today and been scheduled into AC on the 19th.

Good luck with it everyone and hope this helps a bit.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2697
Original post by WHITKA

You are applying for tech right?
Reply 2698
Original post by miml

Yep :smile:
Reply 2699
Original post by miml

Although in the interview, the interviewer said that all divisions use mostly the same questions for a fair assessment.

Latest

Trending

Trending