The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WHITKA
Although in the interview, the interviewer said that all divisions use mostly the same questions for a fair assessment.

Did they say what the AC will consist of?
Reply 2701
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Did they say what the AC will consist of?

The event will be held at:

The Hilton Hotel,
South Quay,
Marsh Wall,
Canary Wharf,
London,
E14 9SH,
United Kingdom
http://www.hilton.co.uk/canarywharf

Please allow plenty of time to travel to the hotel and arrive promptly for the 12pm registration on the day of the event.

Please note Assessment Centre logistics below:

12:00 - 12:15 Registration
12:15 - 13:15 Networking with Assessors
13:15 - 14:45 Assessment Activities
14:45 - 15:45 Tour of the Trading Floor
Yes I'd like to know if the BarCap AC is just interviews or more than that.

Also, how are you guys preparing for interviews/ACs? Soon I'm gonna try come up with some answers to "typical" questions but even then, there's so many different things they could ask!
Original post by WHITKA
The event will be held at:

The Hilton Hotel,
South Quay,
Marsh Wall,
Canary Wharf,
London,
E14 9SH,
United Kingdom
http://www.hilton.co.uk/canarywharf

Please allow plenty of time to travel to the hotel and arrive promptly for the 12pm registration on the day of the event.

Please note Assessment Centre logistics below:

12:00 - 12:15 Registration
12:15 - 13:15 Networking with Assessors
13:15 - 14:45 Assessment Activities
14:45 - 15:45 Tour of the Trading Floor

Thanks and Good Luck. Its good they have a networking session before the main AC just to calm the nerves down and meet the interviewers in an informal setting
Reply 2704
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Thanks and Good Luck. Its good they have a networking session before the main AC just to calm the nerves down and meet the interviewers in an informal setting

No problem :smile: Good luck with all your Spring Week applications!
For the people that have had J.P. Morgan interviews: How would you describe the corporate culture?
Reply 2706
Original post by i_hate_teeth
For the people that have had J.P. Morgan interviews: How would you describe the corporate culture?

sexy
Original post by LawQC
sexy

meaning?
Reply 2708
Credit suisse offer :biggrin:
Original post by 03omoluk

How many interviews did you have? Just the telephone one? Ta
Reply 2710
RBS offer. :smile:

Question: they want me to accept soon and I want to find out from HSBC first (and other banks, but I havent had interviews with them yet/been rejected etc). Is it worth emailing HSBC saying the I have an offer from another bank and want to know the dates (so I could do both) and if they could let me know sooner. My interviewer did give me an email address for this exact reason, but I wanted to know whether it would be o my advantage/disadvantage
Original post by miml

Question: they want me to accept soon and I want to find out from HSBC first (and other banks, but I havent had interviews with them yet/been rejected etc). Is it worth emailing HSBC saying the I have an offer from another bank and want to know the dates (so I could do both) and if they could let me know sooner. My interviewer did give me an email address for this exact reason, but I wanted to know whether it would be o my advantage/disadvantage

This might sound like a funny question, but do you really want to do an RBS spring week?
Reply 2712
Original post by speedbird
How many interviews did you have? Just the telephone one? Ta

Yeah just the telephone interview.
Original post by miml

I think it would be a reasonable thing to ask, although you could emphasise that HSBC is your preferred choice in the email. They will know that candidates are applying to multiple places and won't see it is a bad thing if you get another weeks experience somewhere else as well.
Reply 2714
Original post by i_hate_teeth
This might sound like a funny question, but do you really want to do an RBS spring week?

It's obviously not my first choice, but for me the benefits far outweigh the costs. The main point being that I get work experience in finance - I haven't got any, nor have I got contacts in finance. If I were to come out with only a RBS spring week I would use it (and potentially an internship offer) to get some experience for the summer or to get a better internship offer.

Yes I could spend my time revising for exam (I think you mentioned this at some point ), but I'm pretty cofident in my ability to get a first atm and think the week would e better spent getting some experience
(edited 12 years ago)

Original post by miml

Yeah I would if I were you. I can't see how it may disadvantage you and it may speed you through the process a bit as you have an offer. When do you have to let RBS know by?
Reply 2716
What does this email from RBS mean?

"After reviewing your responses at the online testing stage, we are pleased to inform you that your performance has met our requirements. We are now short listing candidates for progression to the next stage, which will be a face-to-face assessment.
Because we receive many high quality applications, and spaces at the next round are limited, please be aware that we are unable to confirm at this stage whether we will be inviting you to the next stage.
We run a number of assessments for each programme, and only contact the people we select to attend each event. This means that you may not hear immediately whether your application will be progressed, but you are now under consideration, and we will update you in due course."

Is that saying that they are now screening those applicants who passed their tests and so not everyone will reach the interview stage?
Original post by miml
It's obviously not my first choice, but for me the benefits far outweigh the costs. The main point being that I get work experience in finance - I haven't got any, not have I got contacts in finance. If I were to come out with only a RBS spring week I would use it (and potentially an internship offer) to get some experience for the summer or to get a better internship offer.

Yes I could spend my time revising for exam (I think you mentioned this at some point ), but I'm pretty cofident in my ability to get a first atm and think the week would e better spent getting some experience

Hey, were you at the 8:45 AC last Wednesday by any chance?

I just got the offer this afternoon as well.
Reply 2718
Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts
Hey, were you at the 8:45 AC last Wednesday by any chance?

I just got the offer this afternoon as well.

Yeah.

Somerville - Lol, we were on the tube together.

Congrats, maybe see you there :smile:
Original post by 03omoluk

Nice! Just out of interest, was your telephone interview labelled as a "First Round" interview or a "Second Round" interview? Because there seems to be some discrepancies?

Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending