The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We have seen this weekend how important turnovers are.

Saints were killed by their 5 turnovers.
Houston turned over 4 times and payed.
Packers have done it 3 times so far and are now 17 behind with 7 mins left in the game.

edit: I believe in Eliiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!

edit2: sorry but that roughing the passer call was an absolute joke, could affect the final outcome massively. Sort it out officials!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3321
How about them giants?
The Ravens are going to win next weekend. As this Packers/Giants game has shown, an elite defense will destroy a team team with absolutely no defense at all. Which is exactly what the Pats/Ravens matchup is. The Pats have no defense at all. I said it earlier in this thread, but defense wins championships. Brady is in for a beat down next weekend.
Original post by Baltimoron
The Ravens are going to win next weekend. As this Packers/Giants game has shown, an elite defense will destroy a team team with absolutely no defense at all. Which is exactly what the Pats/Ravens matchup is. The Pats have no defense at all. I said it earlier in this thread, but defense wins championships. Brady is in for a beat down next weekend.

Ssh! The Ravens forums don't take too kindly to saying it'll be a definite win. :s-smilie:
It still depends on the pass rush IMO. Brady has the weapons to beat even the Ravens secondary if he has enough time. Luckily Ravens have probably the best pass rusher in the game but no way is it a definite win especially with how inconsistent they are on offense.
Original post by The Troll Toll
It still depends on the pass rush IMO. Brady has the weapons to beat even the Ravens secondary if he has enough time. Luckily Ravens have probably the best pass rusher in the game but no way is it a definite win especially with how inconsistent they are on offense.

The Patriots have the 31st ranked defense in the NFL. I don't think inconsistency on offense will be a problem for the Ravens.

The Patriots have the 31st ranked defense in the NFL. I don't think inconsistency on offense will be a problem for the Ravens.

It was for the Broncos.
It was for the Broncos.

The Ravens aren't the Broncos. Quite frankly, I don't know how the Broncos made it as far as they did. The Ravens are a far superior team to the Broncos in ever facet of the game. They have a better quarterback, a better running back, better receivers, and most importantly, a better defense. If the Pats think this game will be anywhere near as easy as their game against the Broncos, they're in for quite the surprise.
Nobody thinks the game will be that imbalanced... my entire argument was that it will be close.
Nobody thinks the game will be that imbalanced... my entire argument was that it will be close.

Oh, guess I misunderstood you then. Yes, I think this game will definitely be close. These are clearly the two best teams in the AFC.
The problem with the Broncos was they rely too much on the option and in all honesty, Tebow can't throw to save his life. The Patriots figured that out the first time they met and they figured it out in the playoffs. And eh, we all remember what happened last time the Ravens came to Foxborough in the playoffs, right? :rolleyes:

More specifically, takeaways win games. The Pats can do just that. If the Ravens hold onto the ball and keep Brady off the field then I reckon the Ravens will have the upper hand. But if the Pats can take the ball away, give Brady lots of chances at the Ravens D then he will deliver.

The Ravens haven't exactly delivered on the road either. Although this is most likely down to the inconsistency at the QB position.
Pats seem to be huge favourites now to win it all. I would agree we are favourites, but not by the amount I have been seeing.

We're favoured by over a TD across the board against the Ravens and are evens to win the SB. Although 9 game winning streak looks pretty good going into this game.

What do people think about GB's season now it has come to an end? One of the most overrated and overhyped teams ever?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fudgesundae
What do people think about GB's season now it has come to an end? One of the most overrated and overhyped teams ever?

Not really, just an outstanding team who lost to the team that executed the best out of anyone in the round.
Reply 3334
I think the playoff system need changing..maybe use the super league system or have 8 teams from each division in it............been no1 or no2 seed hasn't been much of an adavantage in recent times.
Not really, just an outstanding team who lost to the team that executed the best out of anyone in the round.

Would you say that they are one of the best teams ever though (as has been said this season). I never actually thought they were as good as some people said, an undoubtedly brilliant team, but one of the great teams? no. Same goes for Rodgers. Fantastic QB? yes. One of the best? no. Still don't think he is near the level of Brady or Manning.
Would you say that they are one of the best teams ever though (as has been said this season). I never actually thought they were as good as some people said, an undoubtedly brilliant team, but one of the great teams? no. Same goes for Rodgers. Fantastic QB? yes. One of the best? no. Still don't think he is near the level of Brady or Manning.

Definitely one of the greatest offenses. If they had the defense they had in 10/11 along with this season's offense then perhaps yes. And how can you say Rodgers isn't as good as Brady or Manning?! He's up there without question. Carry on like this for a couple more seasons and he'll be on par with them for sure.
Original post by Scott129
Definitely one of the greatest offenses. If they had the defense they had in 10/11 along with this season's offense then perhaps yes. And how can you say Rodgers isn't as good as Brady or Manning?! He's up there without question. Carry on like this for a couple more seasons and he'll be on par with them for sure.

Obviously this season he has played at the level Brady and Manning have consistently played at, but unless he can keep it up for the next few years (which I don't think he will) he can't be considered alongside them.
Reply 3338
I've got to say that the Ravens performance yesterday hasn't filled me with confidence, but at the end of the day, a win is a win.
Looking forward to the Pats game, should be a good'n. Easily the two best teams in the AFC... great offense vs. great defense.

Suggs vs. Brady will hopefully be exciting as it usually is :biggrin:
Reply 3339
Obviously this season he has played at the level Brady and Manning have consistently played at, but unless he can keep it up for the next few years (which I don't think he will) he can't be considered alongside them.

And yet Drew Brees has played consistently on a Brady/Manning level since 2006, and yet still the media will never say 'Is Rodgers approaching the Brees/Brady/Manning level?' Always forgetting about Drew :frown:

Latest