The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SecretDuck
I did! Lancaster, York, Kent and QMUL. :smile:

Nice, what are your firm and insurance gonna be do you think? Whenever i check the thread i only see people talking about the top top unis, not that it's a bad thing, so i feel in the minority :L
Reply 7401
Original post by nightmare91
Oh thanks for the info! But it does load for me... That's so weird. I think I'll upload the avatar again, that might help :smile:

That is true consultancy is probably also a good start to get a foot in the door of a thinktank someday. I'll definetely try to get as many internships as possible whilst being at uni. Only then I'll be able to decide what I really want to do for the next 10-20 years :biggrin:

I can see it again now :yes:
Original post by Tateco

As do I :colone:

Is anyone else watching Borgen?
Original post by Tateco

Original post by Brand New Eyes
As do I :colone:

Yaaaayyy :biggrin:
Original post by alittlehelp
Nice, what are your firm and insurance gonna be do you think? Whenever i check the thread i only see people talking about the top top unis, not that it's a bad thing, so i feel in the minority :L

St Andrews still has to reply but if they don't make an offer, then York will be my firm and QMUL will be my insurance. What unis are you thinking about firming and insurancing?

Yeah, I know. :frown:
Everyone who wants to do economics in my class are aiming for the top unis but every economics applicant in my class all applied to QMUL. It's very popular in my school.

Which unis did u apply to?
Random question, with regards to trade, why do we assume that the world supply curve is perfectly elastic?
Yaaaayyy :biggrin:

It's gone back to not loading again! :fuhrer:

LSE: y u no put me out of misery :cry2:
It's gone back to not loading again! :fuhrer:

LSE: y u no put me out of misery :cry2:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :frown:

LSE is being so mean! Why can't they finally give out more offers :frown: But tomorrow might be the day, Tuesdays have become quite popular among the LSE admission tutors this year...

LSE is being so mean! Why can't they finally give out more offers :frown: But tomorrow might be the day, Tuesdays have become quite popular among the LSE admission tutors this year...

:lol: and... it's back again! WHAT IS THIS. TSR - y u no make up your mind!

I know right, I'm actually so depressed ngl :emo: :sadnod: if I have to wait till march...
Original post by Pancakeman123
Random question, with regards to trade, why do we assume that the world supply curve is perfectly elastic?

I always thought it was because there are no other alien worlds to trade with as substitutes...

... I could be wrong though
Original post by DylanLJG
I always thought it was because there are no other alien worlds to trade with as substitutes...

PLEASE let this be true. Made my day.
Original post by SecretDuck
St Andrews still has to reply but if they don't make an offer, then York will be my firm and QMUL will be my insurance. What unis are you thinking about firming and insurancing?

Yeah, I know. :frown:
Everyone who wants to do economics in my class are aiming for the top unis but every economics applicant in my class all applied to QMUL. It's very popular in my school.

Which unis did u apply to?

I don't have maths A level so I had less freedom when picking but I applied to Surrey ,Sussex, Loughborough ,Leicester and Kent .Gonna firm Surrey and Kent for insurance I think! :smile:
Reply 7412

It's stil working for me :smile:
:lol: Traditional characters are so silly. Hong Kong : y u no use simple language? Aww, well that's a start at least!

If anything I think traditional characters make more sense because they maintain the meanings behind them. :yep:

Makes you sound so much older than you actually are :giggle:

I know, after leaving uni I feel young again. :smile:

Did you use Mankiw at Cambridge by any chance?

:yes: For first-year Macro one of the main textbooks was Mankiw, or Mankiw and Taylor.
Original post by DylanLJG

That would explain why its perfectly inelastic not elastic. Dont know why its perfectly elastic though:s-smilie:
Do people wish there was a website which made choosing the right university easier? Because I'm making one at the moment, just wondering if it would interest anyone?
Original post by Groat
Yeah, although LSE's offer is technically harder.

Excuse me if this is a really stupid question, but how can you have an insurance that needs higher/the same grades as your firm? :confused:
Reply 7417
Original post by lrowles93

Original post by joebarron
Do people wish there was a website which made choosing the right university easier? Because I'm making one at the moment, just wondering if it would interest anyone?

Suppose it depends on how good it, there is a lot of them out there but none of them are very good...
Original post by lrowles93
Excuse me if this is a really stupid question, but how can you have an insurance that needs higher/the same grades as your firm? :confused:

By picking one as your insurance and one as your firm. What the grades are might affect your decision, but it does not make it impossible to firm, for example, an ABB offer and use an A*AA as a back up. Perhaps you prefer the university with the lower offer.
Reply 7419
Original post by 94george94
By picking one as your insurance and one as your firm. What the grades are might affect your decision, but it does not make it impossible to firm, for example, an ABB offer and use an A*AA as a back up. Perhaps you prefer the university with the lower offer.

I think his point is if you don't meet the requirements of your firm which is a lower offer then what is the point of the insurance.

Latest

Trending

Trending