The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I believe that I will be able to pass the numerical tests I have done many for SHL and passing them is not a problem, would you be able to expand on those divisions that do not use to much? I have considered it but have always been under the impression that HR is a department that you may need many years experience with the company?
Reply 2761
Original post by Raphael_R
I got random questions, know all the basic competency questions, some macro in the current market and be prepared for brainteasers. I hadn't expected the last one but nailed it. Keep cool and speak while you think, that's my major advice. :smile:

thank you quite nervous about it. i just had telephone interview from barclays. i did really bad :frown: what was the most difficult question?
Reply 2762
Original post by EyesOnFire
women's immersion

beginning of december

I had 2 interviews, one with a biz rep and one with an HR

ok cool, congrats - when did you have your interviews ? were they in person or phone?
Reply 2763
Does 'Application Review' on the UBS site mean that i passed the test?
Original post by eco1234
ok cool, congrats - when did you have your interviews ? were they in person or phone?

last wednesday, got the offer yesterday. they were both in person :smile: The annoying part is that I have to sign a contract in one week max and I haven t even heard from half of the places I ve applied to...
Just done my Credit Suisse phone interview!

If anyone is awaiting one, don't be nervous or worried - they're really friendly, polite and personable. They're interested in you and it's less of an 'interview' or more of a 'chat'.
Reply 2766
Got a JP and Deutsche Spring Week

Study Biochemistry at Warwick.

My father works with JP and knows someone at Deutsche. Thank god he pulled a few strings for me because I didnt do too well on the numerical
Reply 2767
Original post by triplexx

My father works with JP and knows someone at Deutsche. Thank god he pulled a few strings for me because I didnt do too well on the numerical

Meritocracy. Where has it gone?
Reply 2768
Original post by mcp2

These are private banks

Its all about networking anyway nowadays
Reply 2769
These are private banks

Its all about networking anyway nowadays

I want to work in risk, it shouldn't matter who I know only how ****ing good my maths skills are
Original post by mcp2

I think he's a troll, he said his dad worked for Deutsche Bank in another thread (LSE Applicants). More importantly he said he's got an offer for LSE 2012 entry, so he can't have a spring week (unless sometimes they make exceptions?)
Reply 2771
Original post by mcp2
I want to work in risk, it shouldn't matter who I know only how ****ing good my maths skills are

You as well as everyone else it is all about contacts. They give you a foot into the banking world
Reply 2772
UBS trading - application under review too.
Reply 2773

Did you have any interviews?
Reply 2774
Original post by I'mSet
Did you have any interviews?

Yes I did. My father arrange it and luckily he knew who it was.
Got stuck on the first Q which was why IB and then why JP?

BS my way out of it though so it went 'alrite'

I spoke with some kids who got very good grades and go LSE. They told me they got rejected my a few IB's already

You need contacts man
Reply 2775
You need contacts man

Don't worry I perfectly understand the need for contacts and believe I'm pretty well connected. 95% of my contacts aren't my dad's contacts though.
Reply 2776
Yes I did. My father arrange it and luckily he knew who it was.
Got stuck on the first Q which was why IB and then why JP?

BS my way out of it though so it went 'alrite'

I spoke with some kids who got very good grades and go LSE. They told me they got rejected my a few IB's already

You need contacts man

I have good grades and go lse lol fbm
Reply 2777
Original post by LawQC
UBS trading - application under review too.

did they email this or did you find it on the UBS site?

I find their site so hard to navigate grrr...

cheers
Reply 2778
Original post by I'mSet
Don't worry I perfectly understand the need for contacts and believe I'm pretty well connected. 95% of my contacts aren't my dad's contacts though.

Yh well I have met them

Some of them play with my dad in cricket so I got introduced to them

Since my dad is front office at JP getting a spring week was a piece of cake

I did interact with them anyway and developed my contacts
Reply 2779
Meh, if you aren't good enough at the actual job, no amount of contacts will save you.

Latest

Trending

Trending