The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2780
Original post by miml
Meh, if you aren't good enough at the actual job, no amount of contacts will save you.

Yh but atleast I got a foot in and build my CV

it will help me get summer analyst job somewhere else

Ive got JP as a back-up as my dad will sort that out

But ill try the big boys of IB-Goldman Sachs!
Reply 2781
Original post by triplexx
Yh but atleast I got a foot in and build my CV

it will help me get summer analyst job somewhere else

Ive got JP as a back-up as my dad will sort that out

But ill try the big boys of IB-Goldman Sachs!

I don't think you understand what my point was - contacts might get you in, but they won't keep you in. GS cull their worst performers. If you get a job for GS and don't perform then you will lose the job.

Also there's quite a conflict of interest if your Dad was to get you a job, I can only speculate, but chances are you won't be in the same division/team whatever, in which case you will have to prove your performance on your own.
Reply 2782
Original post by gangst
did they email this or did you find it on the UBS site?

I find their site so hard to navigate grrr...

cheers

click on home on the ubs site - and u will see there
Reply 2783
Original post by miml
I don't think you understand what my point was - contacts might get you in, but they won't keep you in. GS cull their worst performers. If you get a job for GS and don't perform then you will lose the job.

Also there's quite a conflict of interest if your Dad was to get you a job, I can only speculate, but chances are you won't be in the same division/team whatever, in which case you will have to prove your performance on your own.

I am just trying to build my C.V and need my dad's help. I know people who have come out of LSE with even a 1ST in Economics but not enough work experience. So I am merely using my dad's position to get 'Internships' which dont mean that much. Wont I just be making coffee?

I will get exposed if I am not good enough when I apply for graduate positions
Reply 2784
Original post by LawQC

What?

Im just giving people advise that if you have the right contacts (i.e a dad in a good position). It will cover up for mediocre numerical and verbal tests (which I got my mates to do anyway)

I had to do another test on the day of the interview anyway so I couldn't cheat there
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2785
I am just trying to build my C.V and need my dad's help. I know people who have come out of LSE with even a 1ST in Economics but not enough work experience. So I am merely using my dad's position to get 'Internships' which dont mean that much. Wont I just be making coffee?

I will get exposed if I am not good enough when I apply for graduate positions

You. Probably.
Reply 2786
Original post by LawQC
click on home on the ubs site - and u will see there

cheers,

the home page that has:

search openings, edit you profile,resume/cv manager etc...???

beofr it said 'review' did it just say nothing...i'm lost/ starting to think i mucked up this uBS application.

EDIT: IGNORE THIS I JUST GOT LOST IN THE MAZE THAT IS THE UBS APPLICATION PAGES.

Yep, my UBS app is at 'Application Review' also for trading.
(edited 12 years ago)
What?

Im just giving people advise that if you have the right contacts (i.e a dad in a good position). It will cover up for mediocre numerical and verbal tests (which I got my mates to do anyway)

I had to do another test on the day of the interview anyway so I couldn't cheat there

Stop feeding the troll, he's getting fat.
Reply 2788
Original post by miml
You. Probably.

It's a little spring week man

its not a big deal if my dad got me through

A petty little spring week

ill have to work during spring when others will be relaxing
It's a little spring week man

its not a big deal if my dad got me through

A petty little spring week

ill have to work during spring when others will be relaxing

You have BBCC at AS, why are you doing SW for. I recommend you stay at home and use your dads money to get a private tutor
So...ignoring the pretty obvious troll, just wanted to randomly say that on Friday it'll be 4 weeks since I've passed the Barcap tests and I've still heard nothing. :erm:
Reply 2791
On another note, have had an above average number of people in grad recruitment going on my LinkedIn profile recently. Assuming it's related to apps then pretty interesting that they are googling people's names..
Reply 2792
Get this thread back on topic please!
Reply 2793
GS application under review.
Reply 2794
Original post by Doughnuts!!
So...ignoring the pretty obvious troll, just wanted to randomly say that on Friday it'll be 4 weeks since I've passed the Barcap tests and I've still heard nothing. :erm:

Same, still waiting for a decision from them. More like 5 weeks tbh.
Does under review mean anything positive? I haven't really checked any of my statuses as I've just assumed they'd email me if it was important.
Reply 2796
Anyones GS app is also under review? Crossing fingers.
Reply 2797
Can anyone find when gs spring week is - or when last year's one was - I can't seem to find it - Thanks.
Reply 2798
Original post by LawQC
Can anyone find when gs spring week is - or when last year's one was - I can't seem to find it - Thanks.

I think they'll let you know if you're successful. They had a reason to ask you when your spring dates are...
GS IBD under review. Securities and IMD still as received.

Latest

Trending

Trending