The Student Room Group

Sherlock

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carnationlilyrose
It is indeed excellent, and very comforting to know you're not alone...:colondollar:

Yes I'm sure that can help when you find yourself drawn inexplicably to something you feel obliged to hate. :teehee:
Original post by Oliviaonthetrain
You're welcome! :biggrin:

I think this daily - sometimes replacing John with myself :yes: :giggle:

:rofl: Found this on Tumblr!

:lol: Well of course, I think part of the reason I think it is because in my head, I'm right there. :colondollar:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

For goodness' sake, I'm sitting on the sofa with my mum, trying to to laugh out loud or she'll ask me what I'm laughing at! That is pure genius. :rofl:
Original post by Amwazicles
Yes I'm sure that can help when you find yourself drawn inexplicably to something you feel obliged to hate. :teehee:

Some of it is very American, but I just know I WOULD find spreadable marshmallow fluff in a jar a guilty pleasure if I could get it over here.
I'm sorry but the 'Sherlock put a mask on Moriarty then threw him' theory is ridiculous. :pierre:
It was definitely Sherlock that fell, but it was someone else that hit the ground.

John saw Sherlock plunge but did not see him land; because of the power of suggestion (that John expected Sherlock to be dead), coupled with being knocked down and seeming to lose his senses, a random corpse was enough to give him the impression that it was all real.

Sherlock jumped into truck adjacent to the pavement, threw the decoy body, and sped off.

That's the best I could come up with - but I have doubt in it because stepping off a roof as Sherlock did should not really provide enough thrust to completely miss the pavement or go straight into the truck.

Or who knows maybe he survived it because he's got superpowers.... Still better than the mask/ twin Sherlock theory. :getmecoat:
I think this daily - sometimes replacing John with myself :yes: :giggle:

:rofl: Found this on Tumblr!

^
i love you xD absolutely genius, i love these things. the more i look at them the more i want them to have one of those cheesy slow mo running down the beach with arms out stretched moments xD

Is it bad that this is exactly what I was thinking during that shot?

^
what were they actually doing in that shot? i thought sherlock was trying to use one of the spikes to break the cuffs off but he just seemed to be jiggling them about x)
:lol: Well of course, I think part of the reason I think it is because in my head, I'm right there. :colondollar:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

For goodness' sake, I'm sitting on the sofa with my mum, trying to to laugh out loud or she'll ask me what I'm laughing at! That is pure genius. :rofl:

Lol!!! Laugh - you know you want to! :biggrin: But seriously though, John and Sherlock just need to make out already. Too much tension - you know it's true when there are a million slashy John/Sherlock fanfics and music videos. Moffat and Gatiss are just in denial!
Original post by dizzeedollee
^
i love you xD absolutely genius, i love these things. the more i look at them the more i want them to have one of those cheesy slow mo running down the beach with arms out stretched moments xD

They so should!!! They run to each other with the wind in the hair and Sherlock's sad violin music in the background. Oh dear, I need help, don't I? :O
^
what were they actually doing in that shot? i thought sherlock was trying to use one of the spikes to break the cuffs off but he just seemed to be jiggling them about x)

Whatever he was doing, it enabled him just to slip the cuffs off quite casually in the journalist's flat. There's a similar scene in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? when Roger is handcuffed to Bob Hoskins and then just wriggles free. Hoskins asks if he's been able to do that all along, and Roger says no, only when it's funny.
Original post by Mr.Messy

It was definitely Sherlock that fell, but it was someone else that hit the ground.

^
i agree with this too.

after rewatching the episode, i noticed that just before moriarty has his 'revelation' there is a sun beam that flashes and conceals benedict's face. i think possibly there was something on his face or he was signalling with his hands/eyes or doing something that made moriary think 'i'm wrong, sherlock's actually thought of a solution/a way to wriggle out of suicide/completing my story' and it was that that made him shoot himself (the fact that he finally realised he can't beat sherlock even when he's at his lowest because he's worked out how to cheat death).

or maybe i'm just wrong x)
^

^

Sherlock climbed over first and sort of forgot he was attached to John, and John shouted him to wait. They had to pull the handcuffs over the top of a railing so they could get John to climb over. :tongue:
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Some of it is very American, but I just know I WOULD find spreadable marshmallow fluff in a jar a guilty pleasure if I could get it over here.

:eek: There was some of that in my aunt's house this week because her daughter was visiting from canada! :tongue:
Lol!!! Laugh - you know you want to! :biggrin: But seriously though, John and Sherlock just need to make out already. Too much tension - you know it's true when there are a million slashy John/Sherlock fanfics and music videos. Moffat and Gatiss are just in denial!

Oh goodness. I can't bear to think what that would do to the normal fans who don't think they should get together. :teehee:

John saw Sherlock plunge but did not see him land; because of the power of suggestion (that John expected Sherlock to be dead), coupled with being knocked down and seeming to lose his senses, a random corpse was enough to give him the impression that it was all real.

Sherlock jumped into truck adjacent to the pavement, threw the decoy body, and sped off.

That's the best I could come up with - but I have doubt in it because stepping off a roof as Sherlock did should not really provide enough thrust to completely miss the pavement or go straight into the truck.

Or who knows maybe he survived it because he's got superpowers.... Still better than the mask/ twin Sherlock theory. :getmecoat:

There was a lorry with bags on the back of it - I think Sherlock actually landed into that, and remember he needed Molly's help with something. She could have provided a decoy body...
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
There was a lorry with bags on the back of it - I think Sherlock actually landed into that, and remember he needed Molly's help with something. She could have provided a decoy body...

That's what I meant. Lorry/truck same thing really. :P
That's what I meant. Lorry/truck same thing really. :P

Oh I wasn't being picky - just agreeing with your theory :tongue: (didn't even realise I'd changed it from truck to lorry) and postulating where the decoy could have come from.
i think the truck should be included in the theory of how he survived but i really don't think he landed in it. as i've said, no human could survive a fall into a truck no matter what it was filled with (unless it was a huge stunt crash mat which we could see was not in the truck) and from the way he was falling he a) obviously hadn't jumped far out enough to hit the truck; he was always going to hit the pavement/a tree and b) i'm pretty sure it wasn't a corpse falling because corpses don't flap their arms like that x)
Would the bags in the truck be enough to make Sherlock survive the fall? Seems pretty risky.

The truck isn't that close to the building.
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1/sherlock7.jpg
(edited 12 years ago)
well something's definitely fishy, he's gone from falling with his body perpendicular to landing with his body parallel to the building x)
This may have already been posted since this thread moves faster than Sherlock's trail of thought, but there are some interesting ideas on this site, many of which have been suggested in this thread:

http://channelhopping.onthebox.com/2012/01/17/how-did-sherlock-cheat-death-10-great-theories/
I'm working on the assumption that all will be revealed by the director's commentary on the DVD, which Amazon tells me will be dispatched next Monday.

Quick Reply