The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Yeah we do something similar in a few weeks. Massive cringe.

Shouldn't be too bad. As with most things, it all depends on your group :rolleyes:
OMG Essay due in thursday morning and wikipedia goes offline tommorow?!?! WHY???!!

Does this mean i actually have to read journals? :frown:
Reply 8382
Original post by gozatron
OMG Essay due in thursday morning and wikipedia goes offline tommorow?!?! WHY???!!

Does this mean i actually have to read journals? :frown:

Haha. Just go on google and use "Google Cache" or use google translate for one of the other wiki sites. :smile:
Reply 8383
Perfectly acceptable to have a "21st take 2" party right?
Or am I just in denial about my fastly approaching old age?

I could probably get away with telling everyone I'm 20 now and having a 21st birthday again. let's be honest, no one was in any state to remember it.
I was really pissed off the next day as one of my friends got me a bottle of rose for my birthday and I couldn't find it, thinking someone had drank it..... then I found pictures of myself with a glass of rose in my hand...
Reply 8384
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Formative anyway, tbh. I just don't want to be making these mistakes as we're hitting the wards from next week.

Sometimes making mistakes in formative isn't a bad thing though as you know you will never make that mistake again. Kind of gets imprinted in your mind. At least for me.
Original post by lekky
Perfectly acceptable to have a "21st take 2" party right?
Or am I just in denial about my fastly approaching old age?

I could probably get away with telling everyone I'm 20 now and having a 21st birthday again. let's be honest, no one was in any state to remember it.
I was really pissed off the next day as one of my friends got me a bottle of rose for my birthday and I couldn't find it, thinking someone had drank it..... then I found pictures of myself with a glass of rose in my hand...

Definitely. Think I might try and swing another 21st instead of facing up to 23 this year.
Just saw my first ever post mortem :unsure:
Reply 8387
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Just saw my first ever post mortem :unsure:

Oooh! How was it? What was it like? And why were you viewing a post mortem? :smile:
Original post by Vulpes

Original post by Vulpes
Oooh! How was it? What was it like? And why were you viewing a post mortem? :smile:

It was.... weird.

On a youngish guy who'd hung himself - possibly due to a brain tumour that probably could have been removed had he seeked help :sad:

The only previous dead body I'd seen was in anatomy, so it was heavily preserved. This was just so fresh. And bloody.

And the pathologist that lectures us offered the opportunity for us to go see some on Wednesday mornings. So I did :p:

Oh I didn't see your thread! Oops.
how did that even make it up to bbc news...

What's interesting in that someone clever enough to get an interview for Oxford is apparently not clever enough to figure out Facebook's privacy settings.... :wink:
Original post by Vulpes

In second year here we get scheduled a post mortem placement. Mine was really good. Interesting.
My box set of 'Bodies' Series 1 & 2 arrived in the post this morning.

It was a BBC3 program worth watching.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
It was.... weird.

On a youngish guy who'd hung himself - possibly due to a brain tumour that probably could have been removed had he seeked help :sad:

Blimey.
Passed my mid-sessional exam, YAY :biggrin: Now just to decide on a BSc :frown:
I have to make a 10 minute presentation on current/future treatments of malaria on the 15h and I haven't started yet? Is this seriously bad or not?
Reply 8399

As I said on that thread - what is it about Magdalen that makes people go all media-frenzied? :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending