The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7480
Original post by perrytheplatypus
Yes. I'll probably do some AS subjects as well if I do decide to take a gap year.

Thanks for the info. Like I said above, if I do decide to take a gap year, I'll do an AS in further additional maths or whatever it's called. That should help with the maths problem.

Yeah I think I'll do FM A2 if I have a gap year too.
Original post by Tateco
:woo: that was your first choice right? :smile:

I think it is :biggrin: Well, what I mean by that is that I would consider an Edinburgh or Warwick offer (if I were to get one) and try to find out how competitive it is to apply for year abroad but since the one at Bristol is definite, I'll probably firm it :smile: Still, would be great to get an Edinburgh offer as well as it would make a great insurance (offer won't include an A*).

How's your UCAS going?
Reply 7482
Original post by thegenius31416
I think it is :biggrin: Well, what I mean by that is that I would consider an Edinburgh or Warwick offer (if I were to get one) and try to find out how competitive it is to apply for year abroad but since the one at Bristol is definite, I'll probably firm it :smile: Still, would be great to get an Edinburgh offer as well as it would make a great insurance (offer won't include an A*).

How's your UCAS going?

Sounds like you've got it all figured out! :smile:

Pooled then rejected by Cambridge and that's all so far :P
Original post by wit-tank

Original post by wit-tank
Just got an offer from Durham :smile:

btw are you international?
What's tough is not knowing when they'll answer....and then getting a rejection. I just want to get it over with and, should I get rejections, start working on getting even better grades and gaining some more experience perhaps in a Gap Year.
Know what I mean? -.- :P
Original post by Tateco
Sounds like you've got it all figured out! :smile:

Pooled then rejected by Cambridge and that's all so far :P

Unlucky man :frown:

This is random but are you planning of getting a phd in Cambridge or LSE later on.
If the likely rejection from the top 2 come next year, I will be thinking of it myself :tongue:
Reply 7486
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Unlucky man :frown:

This is random but are you planning of getting a phd in Cambridge or LSE later on.
If the likely rejection from the top 2 come next year, I will be thinking of it myself :tongue:

I think I want to do a Masters but not sure about a PhD, it's too early to tell though so I'll just see what happens once I get to university :smile:
Original post by Tateco
I think I want to do a Masters but not sure about a PhD, it's too early to tell though so I'll just see what happens once I get to university :smile:

Sorry muddled the two up- yh same, don't even fully know what I want to do yet :redface:
I have just got a track update and it was my Oxford rejection.... It took them ONE month :mad: I almost got a heart attack... I thought it would be LSE -.-
Reply 7489
Original post by nightmare91
I have just got a track update and it was my Oxford rejection.... It took them ONE month :mad: I almost got a heart attack... I thought it would be LSE -.-

:frown: That LSE offer will come, mate!

:console: It's their loss...

You'll get your LSE offer, don't worry :biggrin:
Reply 7491

Same happened to me :tongue:
Original post by Tateco

Don't worry, I'm those Warwick and UCL offers will swiftly arrive at your doorstep :cool:
Original post by aalex
:frown: That LSE offer will come, mate!

Original post by jamiepango
:console: It's their loss...

You'll get your LSE offer, don't worry :biggrin:

Thank you! Hopefully :tongue:

Original post by Tateco

Yea it's just horrible :tongue:
Reply 7494
Don't worry, I'm those Warwick and UCL offers will swiftly arrive at your doorstep :cool:

Thanks, either would be amazing :smile: hopefully one of the two or LSE work out for you too :smile:
Reply 7495
got an offer from warwick for economics today :biggrin:

A*AA + A in AS biology which i got 1 UMS off an A grade in so will have to resit the practical module to get 1 more UMS!

good luck to all
Original post by Tateco
Thanks, either would be amazing :smile: hopefully one of the two or LSE work out for you too :smile:

How's the revision going? I'm guessing you have FP1 and C3 coming up right?

Seriously doubting my ability to get an A* in maths, the past papers are not going well :frown:
Reply 7497
How's the revision going? I'm guessing you have FP1 and C3 coming up right?

Seriously doubting my ability to get an A* in maths, the past papers are not going well :frown:

Yeah :redface: it's going okay but it's a lot harder this war and I haven't revised anywhere near as much as last year :frown: what about you?
anyone got an offer for economics/economics and accounting at bristol ?????????
Original post by redmouse
got an offer from warwick for economics today :biggrin:

A*AA + A in AS biology which i got 1 UMS off an A grade in so will have to resit the practical module to get 1 more UMS!

good luck to all

Well Done! :biggrin: May I ask whether you took further maths?

Original post by Tateco
Yeah :redface: it's going okay but it's a lot harder this war and I haven't revised anywhere near as much as last year :frown: what about you?

Samee, I don't have nearly as much motivation as last year, even though this year is waay more important...

Latest

Trending

Trending