The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Just got a letter saying I'm on their reserve list.

They may "may decide to hold an additional admissions day in April. If so your application will be reconsidered at that time. In addition, reserve list candidates unplaced elsewhere will have priority should any BSMS places become available in clearing in August"

Actually quite happy as I expected a rejection because of my UKCAT.

Stats if people are interested:

Predictions: AAA
AS: Undeclared
GCSEs: 6A*s 4As
UKCAT: 622.5 average
Soooo, do we think that means if you havent heard about an interivew or reserve list, does that mean we are rejected?
Reply 842
Original post by strawberrys
Soooo, do we think that means if you havent heard about an interivew or reserve list, does that mean we are rejected?

I hope not :s-smilie:
does anyone know if it is possible to study medicine with only AAA at A level and no fourth AS level?
I am asking because when I look at the entry requirements and typical offers of universities, hardly any of them mention the fourth AS ? ??:stupid::woo:
Reply 844
Original post by thegreenchildren
does anyone know if it is possible to study medicine with only AAA at A level and no fourth AS level?
I am asking because when I look at the entry requirements and typical offers of universities, hardly any of them mention the fourth AS ? ??:stupid::woo:

It obviously depends on where you want to apply and yes it is possible.
Original post by Swind
I hope not :s-smilie:

so do i!! already been rejected from keele today :frown: bad times!
Reply 846
Original post by Emma_Rose_64
so do i!! already been rejected from keele today :frown: bad times!

ohh im sorry, you heard from anywhere else??

Im still havent heard form anyone :frown:
Original post by Swind
ohh im sorry, you heard from anywhere else??

Im still havent heard form anyone :frown:

ive been rejected from HYMS aswell (both without interview- so frustrating!) :frown: still waiting to hear from Nottingham and BSMS :s-smilie:

but no news is good news!! :s-smilie: that is now my mantra!! :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Letter rejection 19/01/2012.. Damn! :s-smilie:
Reply 849
Sorry to those with rejections. But remember there are interviews held throughout February on Wednesday and Saturdays, so there is still a chance that those that haven't heard, may still be invited to interview. With medicine it is a waiting game, so we've got to try wait patiently. Fingers crossed we will hear something soon. Good luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 850
Rejected. Not sure on what criteria, would really have liked an interview at least. Got an offer already luckily so at least it's not too damning.
Reply 851
Are these rejections by post or email?nbecause I'm at uni I don't know what post is being sent home you see.
Reply 852
Got my first rejection today by post, was really hoping i would at least get to interview :frown:

Time to go drown my sorrows and get over it :P
Reply 853
finally got an interview for 15th of feb
my stats are 8A*s 3As at gcse and 4 A*s at a level
anyone know anythin about the interviews or what i should focus on for prep
Reply 854
Interview :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 855
Congratulations on getting an interview! Are you both graduates or school leavers?
Reply 856
Original post by Dolly_D

Original post by Dolly_D
Congratulations on getting an interview! Are you both graduates or school leavers?

Im still at school :smile: and thankyou, it really softened the blow of getting rejected from birmingham without interview ! but bsms is my top choice so im chuffed XD
Reply 857
Congratulations to those with interviews! :smile:
are people getting their invites by post or email?
Don't know if this is appropriate to this thread, but I can't seem to find anywhere else to put it. Sorry if it isn't in the right place.

Is the medical school in Brighton or Sussex? Probably a ridiculous question but I can't seem to figure it out.
Do the medical students stay in the same accommodation as the other students? I know some universities have separate accommodation but I'm not sure.

Lol, hope this doesn't make me look too simple.

EDIT: Also, I'm wondering about the academic score. Do you just e-mail them with your grades and ask? As in: "blabla grades...could you tell me my academic score?"
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending