The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akkuz
Yep. I watched a programme once when they talked about the turkish mafia on green lane, and all their hide-outs were in kebab shops :jester:

My yenge's family's got a kebab shop there. They might be working for the mafia. :holmes:

I've had a nice kebab up there before too :colone:

Original post by ibs137

So many memories!! :love:

Original post by RamocitoMorales
Ah, that video. Someone posted the exact same one earlier in the thread.

...Probably me. :colondollar:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
So many memories!! :love:

What 'memories'? You've never been to Turkey.

Spoiler

What 'memories'? You've never been to Turkey.

Spoiler

They have vendors selling maraş dondurması in similar carts performing those kinds of tricks at North Cyprus in Girne by the docks at night time.
You wouldn't know because you've never been to Girne before.

Spoiler

They have vendors selling maraş dondurması in similar carts performing those kinds of tricks at North Cyprus in Girne by the docks at night time.

Artificial amusement for the amusement of tourists. I'd rather it were non-existent if I were to be perfectly frank with you. All tourists have done is destroy most of the western coast of my beloved Turkey.

Tourists visit London also, yet I've never seen one within the areas I've grown up in. Do you know why? Because I grew up in the 'real' London. Everything a tourist sees is artificial and the places that have been tainted by them turn artificial also. They are a plague. A sickness! The truth is, in the case of London at least, is that they enjoy its sights. But if they were to stare into its soul, the stones that form it will become apparent to them. It is a dark rock. A grey rock. You cannot see it until you know it is there, and then, and only then will you witness the true character of Hell. Hell is not hot. It is cold.

hollywoodbudgie
You wouldn't know because you've never been to Girne before.

Girne? That's the last place I'd want to go to. I hate Turkish Cypriots. Especially the ones from Girne.

They're a bunch of savages still stuck in a bygone era performing their mating ritual.
Artificial amusement for the amusement of tourists. I'd rather it were non-existent if I were to be perfectly frank with you. All tourists have done is destroy most of the western coast of my beloved Turkey.

Tourists visit London also, yet I've never seen one within the areas I've grown up in. Do you know why? Because I grew up in the 'real' London. Everything a tourist sees is artificial and the places that have been tainted by them turn artificial also. They are a plague. A sickness! The truth is, in the case of London at least, is that they enjoy its sights. But if they were to stare into its soul, the stones that form it will become apparent to them. It is a dark rock. A grey rock. You cannot see it until you know it is there, and then, and only then will you witness the true character of Hell. Hell is not hot. It is cold.

Girne? That's the last place I'd want to go to. I hate Turkish Cypriots. Especially the ones from Girne.

They're a bunch of savages still stuck in a bygone era performing their mating ritual.

All I did was post some references to Cypriot culture and sights there and you immediately start your overly dramatic childish rant about how you hate Cypriots.
Even an old war veteran Greek Cypriot man would exhibit less hatred than you- something rather unfortunate from someone who is half Cypriot himself. Danny Balint springs to mind, but at least he demonstrated some intellect with regards to his racism.

And for everyone else

Here's picture of the castle of Girne that was supposed to be built to protect the city from pirates in the 7th century. :h:
All I did was post some references to Cypriot culture and sights there and you immediately start your overly dramatic childish rant about how you hate Cypriots.
Even an old war veteran Greek Cypriot man would exhibit less hatred than you- something rather unfortunate from someone who is half Cypriot himself. Danny Balint springs to mind, but at least he demonstrated some intellect with regards to his racism.

And for everyone else

Here's picture of the castle of Girne that was supposed to be built to protect the city from pirates in the 7th century. :h:

yes but we have naturally occuring beauty:

(p.s. im not being racist just poking fun :smile: )
Original post by minniiee
yes but we have naturally occuring beauty:

So do we.

Me. :ninja:

I realise that I am in danger of coming across as being too patriotic like the more traditional Cypriots that seem to think Cyprus is the center of the universe. Having said that, I really do love my island and hence I will get annoyed by unnecessary derogatory comments to do with it.

:poke:
So do we.

Me. :ninja:

I realise that I am in danger of coming across as being too patriotic like the more traditional Cypriots that seem to think Cyprus is the center of the universe. Having said that, I really do love my island and hence I will get annoyed by unnecessary derogatory comments to do with it.

:poke:

haha i like the :poke:
Having said that, I really do love my island and hence I will get annoyed by unnecessary derogatory comments to do with it.

Oh you mean this one?

The island you were born and raised in.

Spoiler

Hollywoodbudgie
I realise that I am in danger of coming across as being too patriotic like the more traditional Cypriots that seem to think Cyprus is the center of the universe

Isn't it?

I was always taught in Turkish school that the planets and the stars revolved around Cyprus.
Reply 969
:rofl: harsh mate!
Original post by Akkuz
:rofl: harsh mate!

but oh so very funny :smile:
Reply 971
but oh so very funny :smile:

I know lol. That's why I repped him :colone:

What's everyone up to? I am heavily procrastinating. Stupid globalisation exam :sad:
Original post by Akkuz
I know lol. That's why I repped him :colone:

What's everyone up to? I am heavily procrastinating. Stupid globalisation exam :sad:

im at work
also heavily procrastinating

what course has globalistaion?
(forgive my naivety/idiocy)
Reply 973
im at work
also heavily procrastinating

what course has globalistaion?
(forgive my naivety/idiocy)

Procrastination is the devil! :sad:

International Business. I want lots of monies. :colone:

Original post by Akkuz
Procrastination is the devil! :sad:

International Business. I want lots of monies. :colone:

hahah

i work for an international business

< --- if i was a man of african descent this would be me :smile:
Reply 975
hahah

i work for an international business

Well known firm?

Do you want lots of monies too? haha
Original post by Akkuz
Well known firm?

Do you want lots of monies too? haha

not really...
lol yup
but im still but a poor student :frown:
where you studying intl business?
Reply 977
Down in Brighton. It's good fun here :awesome: You?
Original post by Akkuz
Down in Brighton. It's good fun here :awesome: You?

studying up in salford
working away in paris
but soon to be turin :smile:
brightons sposed to be awesome :smile:

i've got a firned down there :smile:
Reply 979
studying up in salford
working away in paris
but soon to be turin :smile:
brightons sposed to be awesome :smile:

i've got a firned down there :smile:

Very cool. Is that some sorta placement year or something? I want to work in paris for 6-12 months at some point, to advance my français (hard to find work there, though). Which course btw?

It is indeed. Incredible student city. I chose it over Birmingham/Liverpool, glad I did. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending