The Student Room Group

G063 - OCR ICT Exam - How to revise? Too much content!

I have no idea how to revise for this exam. It has too much content and it will be impossible for me to learn every single thing :frown:
It is one exam covering everything which includes the Jan and June exam contents all in one.
I have the text book with me but it is too thick and contains too much information. Making notes from that book would take forever it has about 300 pages of A4 writing.

Help!
Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
bump..
Reply 3
Hello - I am also sitting this exam I am finding it difficult to revise, but for it to actually stick in my head. I can revise but it just doesnt seem effecive I have explored many techniques with the main one being, writing from a text book to an exercise book?

There is lots of content in this exam, any ideas?
Reply 4
Lol we all gone fail xD
I've only just started the networking chapter im thinking off just printing all the past papers and answering questions with the text book with me
Reply 5
Original post by 0range

Original post by 0range
Lol we all gone fail xD
I've only just started the networking chapter im thinking off just printing all the past papers and answering questions with the text book with me

You've already started revising for it? Are you doing the paper in January?

Lol and yes we are all doomed with this paper. It has too much content to even make notes out of. I'd rather just read it or answer some questions on it.
I'm doing the specimen paper now :L Litterally too much info in the book to read and remember >.< But hopefully doing the past papers and a few questions in the book should drill some knowledge into my head :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by Executioner
You've already started revising for it? Are you doing the paper in January?

Lol and yes we are all doomed with this paper. It has too much content to even make notes out of. I'd rather just read it or answer some questions on it.

Yh I'm doing it in Jan gonna flop badly lol
Just think though last Jan it was 55/120 to get an A o.O So it might be the same this time round :L
Reply 9
Original post by Professor_Light
Just think though last Jan it was 55/120 to get an A o.O So it might be the same this time round :L

You're kidding right?! that's like 46%
Reply 10

I see a flicker of hope
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
I see a flicker of hope :shocked:

Are you doing the exam in Jan as well?
Reply 12
For the January 2011 ICT Paper the grade boundaries were:

G063/01 ICT Systems, Applications and Implications (A2)

Max__A___B___C___D___E___U
120__55__48__42__36__30___0

In the June 2011 ICT exam paper the grade boundaries were:

G063/01 ICT Systems, Applications and Implications (A2)

Max__ A __B __C___D___E__U
120__69__63__57__51__45__0
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by POWW!

Original post by POWW!
Are you doing the exam in Jan as well?

I wanted to but my teacher didn't enter me for the exam. So I'm doing it in June.
But it's better to get it over and done with in Jan so you don't have to stress about it in June.
Reply 14
I wanted to but my teacher didn't enter me for the exam. So I'm doing it in June.
But it's better to get it over and done with in Jan so you don't have to stress about it in June.

Same with me that's why I'm doing it externally had to pay £80 for it so really do not want to flop
Reply 15
Original post by POWW!

Original post by POWW!
Same with me that's why I'm doing it externally had to pay £80 for it so really do not want to flop

Woaw - Yeh you need to pass. lol all the best! :biggrin:
Reply 16
Hello all not long till the exam, how is the revision going? I am still struggling for all the content to go in, and I have been revising before Christmas :frown: any other revision techniques I can try, basically been doing games on teach-ict.com and copying and repeating information from the book?
How about you?
Reply 17
Original post by olg207

Original post by olg207
Hello all not long till the exam, how is the revision going? I am still struggling for all the content to go in, and I have been revising before Christmas :frown: any other revision techniques I can try, basically been doing games on teach-ict.com and copying and repeating information from the book?
How about you?

I have not started the revision at all. I'm going to start after these Jan exams. I revise by making notes on paper and reading over them again and again until I've memorised everything.
I think I'll fail the c/w and the exams too much :frown:
Reply 18
Are you not sitting the exam in January? I am on the 26th :frown: a week today.
I think I will be okay on the c/w (touch wood), already got an estimated C, and that we are half way through it :smile: The exam I can see being a bitch though, not really looking forward to it!
Reply 19
Original post by olg207

Original post by olg207
Are you not sitting the exam in January? I am on the 26th :frown: a week today.
I think I will be okay on the c/w (touch wood), already got an estimated C, and that we are half way through it :smile: The exam I can see being a bitch though, not really looking forward to it!

I'm sitting the June exam. I am so behind on my c/w and the exam I feel like I'll fail it if I don't start now.

Anyway, Good luck for your exam! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending