The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeccaCath94
M1 i'll be doing in june and i'm so scared about it!!! :frown: :frown: I hate it! Statistics was hard at the start of year 12 but now its growing on me and i'm getting to like it....but i prefer core and fp1 the best...

1. you have a decision teacher?? I've had to self teach it :frown:
2. Same. I havent done a linear programming q...i miss them out because i cant be bothered to draw them...i probably should do one or two for practise....

I do have a teacher and timetabled lessons and everything. I'd much rather sit S3, M3 or FP3 (in fact, I might self-teach one of the three for pleasure) but it's always been the case that they teach D1 and D2 at my school. Not the best decision (unintentional pun) but apparently the Decision choice is quite popular this year with sixth form applicants. They don't know what'll hit 'em.

Original post by dnumberwang
Cheers Bristol, took your time but that's 5/5 :smile:

I also have D1 tomorrow, I'm unprepared for it but I already have 4 UMS more than what I need for an A* :dontknow:

dead worried about M3 next friday though.

Just got an offer from Bristol too. Quite chuffed, that's my insurance sorted.
Original post by Edwin Okli
I do have a teacher and timetabled lessons and everything. I'd much rather sit S3, M3 or FP3 (in fact, I might self-teach one of the three for pleasure) but it's always been the case that they teach D1 and D2 at my school. Not the best decision (unintentional pun) but apparently the Decision choice is quite popular this year with sixth form applicants. They don't know what'll hit 'em.

Ahh. I see.. Well we have lessons for FP1/2 but not decision (well at least i dont have lessons for decision doing the AS in year 13 - i dont know about people doing the full a level...)
I hate D1....worst maths module!!! You can barely even call it maths....draw a few digrams and plot shortest paths...... can't wait until its over and beg i dont have to resit!!

M1 i'll be doing in june and i'm so scared about it!!! :frown: :frown: I hate it! Statistics was hard at the start of year 12 but now its growing on me and i'm getting to like it....but i prefer core and fp1 the best...

1. you have a decision teacher?? I've had to self teach it :frown:
2. Same. I havent done a linear programming q...i miss them out because i cant be bothered to draw them...i probably should do one or two for practise....

I actually grew to like statistics and have fond memories of my two day learn+past paper blitz that i underwent just prior to sitting S2 (learning it as part of the FMSN)- you can get some nice calculus questions jumping being probablity density functions and cumulative distribution and its often interesting to see the outcome of the statistical tests officially. Ofcourse there is huge pressure in stats exams to efficiently grind through the calculator bashing but other than that its not too bad.

D1 on the other hand- i just remember cramming as many definitions and obscure marking points into my head for the 20 minutes prior to the exam and then rushing into the exam hall quickly trying to get through the darn paper before i forgot it all! Oh, good times, good times! :biggrin:

Got C3 and FP2 tomorrow. C3 should be a doddle as i know everything inside out (doing it in college) but i'm totally unprepared for fp2 (FMSN) and only began learning the course on Sunday :/. Gonna need some lucky questions tomorrow and am currently on a past paper blitz (again lol :rolleyes: ) to attempt to bring myself to A* standard by tomorrow, wish me luck!
Original post by In One Ear
I actually grew to like statistics and have fond memories of my two day learn+past paper blitz that i underwent just prior to sitting S2 (learning it as part of the FMSN)- you can get some nice calculus questions jumping being probablity density functions and cumulative distribution and its often interesting to see the outcome of the statistical tests officially. Ofcourse there is huge pressure in stats exams to efficiently grind through the calculator bashing but other than that its not too bad.

D1 on the other hand- i just remember cramming as many definitions and obscure marking points into my head for the 20 minutes prior to the exam and then rushing into the exam hall quickly trying to get through the darn paper before i forgot it all! Oh, good times, good times! :biggrin:

Got C3 and FP2 tomorrow. C3 should be a doddle as i know everything inside out (doing it in college) but i'm totally unprepared for fp2 (FMSN) and only began learning the course on Sunday :/. Gonna need some lucky questions tomorrow and am currently on a past paper blitz (again lol :rolleyes: ) to attempt to bring myself to A* standard by tomorrow, wish me luck!

Ah the classic past paper blitz. I'm one myself at the moment. They're nice aren't they. :biggrin:
Original post by Edwin Okli

Just got an offer from Bristol too. Quite chuffed, that's my insurance sorted.

Sooo jealous, I'm still waiting on Bristol. What's your firm?
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Ah the classic past paper blitz. I'm one myself at the moment. They're nice aren't they. :biggrin:

They're awesome. Started the day off with a huge wad of ~20 pieces of A4 printing paper and have finally just burnt through them all :colone:. Gotta get some more now :frown:.
Reply 4506
I know, it's tragic. I got an D in my mock. -__- Stupid D1, I know what's worse, that or S2.

If it comforts you, I got a D in my mock for my D1 and 94 UMS in the real thing :tongue:
Original post by snow leopard

Original post by snow leopard
Sooo jealous, I'm still waiting on Bristol. What's your firm?

Definitely Imperial if I get an offer from them. I'm a tad worried about it all since... if I don't get A*AA I won't get AAA, I'll get A*AB. Predicament but I'm hoping that if Imperial give me an offer they'll allow me to mess up an A level.
Original post by fGDu
If it comforts you, I got a D in my mock for my D1 and 94 UMS in the real thing :tongue:

Comforting indeed. I will go on a past paper massacre Saturday since the exam is Monday. :p:
Remember to keep your 'row' up to date on the Mathematics Stalking Page!! =)
Just got a AAB offer form Bristol!!!!

Has anyone else got an AAB offer (with no step or aea)? It seems low considering on the website they say that they only give out AAB with STEP.

I'm not complaining though! :smile::smile::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by OmnipotentOmelette
Just got a AAB offer form Bristol!!!!

Has anyone else got an AAB offer (with no step or aea)? It seems low considering on the website they say that they only give out AAB with STEP.

I'm not complaining though! :smile::smile::biggrin::biggrin:

Damn, well done :smile: Mine was actually an AAA - but still low with regards to the fact that I thought it would include an A* in Maths
Reply 4512
offer from leeds yesterday :] AAB or AA

You've done no past papers? Because the mark scheme for D1 is a %^%£.

well i dont need any marks for the A*, and I have M1 as well tomorrow so I'm not too bothered about D1. It would be nice to beat my friend though, he looked at the course for 3 hours in one night and got 85 UMS... and the same mark in his M1 despite having done M1 for a whole term -.-
Original post by In One Ear

Yeah i hated stats and didnt understand it for most of year 12 but when i got 91 UMS i regained faith in myself! Hahaha. I have S2 in june so a lot to look forward to..... :tongue:

That sounds like a plan maybe i should try it!!!!! :tongue: Did it work? I understand all the content and can remember most of it i just hope the questions are nice and that theres no linear prog question - i cant be bothered to draw it..........
I just hope i dont make a silly mistake so lose about 5 marks at once.... :/

I have C3 on monday - must be different exam boards.... good luck!! :biggrin:
:eek: Started on sunday!!!! I'd've killed myself by now!!
Original post by skibur
offer from leeds yesterday :] AAB or AA

Wow well done :biggrin:
What course code was it? I really want to get an offer from leeds :smile:
Reply 4516
Wow well done :biggrin:
What course code was it? I really want to get an offer from leeds :smile:

thank you im sure you will :biggrin: G101 I think, MMath mathematics whatever that one is :smile:

That sounds like a plan maybe i should try it!!!!! :tongue: Did it work?

Ehh, just about, got 82 UMS i think (despite thinking it had gone brilliantly...:confused: )

I understand all the content and can remember most of it i just hope the questions are nice and that theres no linear prog question - i cant be bothered to draw it..........
I just hope i dont make a silly mistake so lose about 5 marks at once....

N'awww, linear prog questions are the best! They're the only part of the paper that actually feels mathematical and its quite interesting to see the outcome of your modelled situations sometimes.

I have C3 on monday - must be different exam boards.... good luck!! :biggrin:
Probs, im AQA, good luck to you too!

:eek: Started on sunday!!!! I'd've killed myself by now!!

Trust me i feel like it :angry:. Just getting a bit bored right now having crammed all day- i have just about the required knowledge and understanding to get an A* now but it'll depend on the questions that come up and not making mistakes, so its going to be hairy to say the least :tongue:.
Original post by laughylolly
Got a letter back on from Bath, definitely going on the 29th Feb. Probably will just go down for the day... gonna be a lonngg day though. It's one flight and two trains to get to Bath from where I am "/

So might see you there then =)

yeah maybe, only a 2 hour car journey for me:biggrin:
Original post by skibur
thank you im sure you will :biggrin: G101 I think, MMath mathematics whatever that one is :smile:

Ooh thats the course i applied for so fingers crossed i hear something soon!!
I've heard from my other 4 choices......... :smile:

Latest