The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by TheInformer
This, see my earlier post, HUGE double standards. Saw a talk show where 50 cent was a guest, the female host literally groped him on stage cue laughter from the audience, imagine the same situation but the genders reversed. Feminists would be frothing at the mouth.

Well I would never grope a guy, so why is it double standards for me to expect them not to grope me?? :s-smilie:
Original post by redferry
Well I would never grope a guy, so why is it double standards for me to expect them not to grope me?? :s-smilie:

Of course you shouldn't expect to get groped. My point is that if it was the other way around, which happens more frequently than you'd think when you go out it isn't a problem. Just pointing out the double standards nowadays. If it is deemed OK for girls to do it to guys why is it considered "assault" if a guy does it to a girl?
(edited 12 years ago)

It's not just about you though. It's about people in general.

If you did pat a guy on the bottom, he'd either like it or if he didn't, he would never be taken seriously if he complained.

Another outcome is he's with another woman who sees you do it, and she will probably start a catfight with you. But that's an entirely different issue and shows how uptight women are in general.

You can't deny there's a double standard here - whether you personally don't live up to that double standard is irrelevant. On average, the double standard is true.

This. HUGE double standards. Saw a talk show where 50 cent was a guest, the female host literally groped him on stage cue laughter from the audience, imagine the same situation but the genders reversed. Feminists would be frothing at the mouth.

It's funny how serious some people are in this thread, those calling it "assault" or that it's akin to "rape" etc should get a grip.

How comes when it happens to a girl they get all offended but when girls literally grope a guy for example in a club it is "just harmless fun"? Just fud fur fort.

Couldn't agree more.
Reply 83
Of course you shouldn't expect to get groped. My point is that if it was the other way around, which happens more frequently than you'd think when you go out it isn't a problem. Just pointing out the double standards nowadays. If it is deemed OK for girls to do it to guys why is it considered "assault" if a guy does it to a girl?

I know it happens frequently, my male friends are often like wtf that girl just pinched my bum =/ It definitely happens to girls more though, I rarely have a night out without it happening once. I think it's assualt in both cases if I am honest. Or at least an assault on that persons personal space and dignity!
I once got slapped so hard I got a bruise on my arse. It was horrible.
Reply 84
I feel if I open a door for a girl, it is my right to pat her bum as she passes. It's all about give and take.
Reply 85
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
It's not just about you though. It's about people in general.

If you did pat a guy on the bottom, he'd either like it or if he didn't, he would never be taken seriously if he complained.

Another outcome is he's with another woman who sees you do it, and she will probably start a catfight with you. But that's an entirely different issue and shows how uptight women are in general.

You can't deny there's a double standard here - whether you personally don't live up to that double standard is irrelevant. On average, the double standard is true.

Couldn't agree more.

Well people shouldn't have such double standards. I have chased down a girl in a club before for pinching a friends ass and told her not to be such a dick and asked why she thought it was funny.
But just because some women have double standards doesn't mean we should let people go round groping us.
Well people shouldn't have such double standards. I have chased down a girl in a club before for pinching a friends ass and told her not to be such a dick and asked why she thought it was funny.
But just because some women have double standards doesn't mean we should let people go round groping us.

This post just screams out that you take yourself too seriously.

Same with the majority of replies in this thread. Lighten up FFS.
Reply 88

Hahaha
well you don't know me at all but you have got this totally wrong
I really don't in any way. I find it difficult to take most things in life seriously if I am honest.

I just really don't like having my arse felt up and wish people wouldn't do it.
None of my male friends go around feeling girls arses, I just don't see why guys do it, no girls enjoy it, either they don't mind or they don't like it, so what is the point in doing it?
Reply 89
No they should not. However, I've seen this as well:

If it was a hot lad, I bet you would have been all :perv: :jiggy: :hubba: :hump: :hump2: :sexface:
Reply 90

You know what, actually I think maybe I do take it more seriously than I used to, but that's only because of the **** I've had to put up with off guys in clubs.

I've had my arse bruised at leased 3 times by being pinched or slapped. I have been turned upside-down one of my shoes stolen, which I never got back. I have had my ribs cracked by someone lifting me up (rugby players -_-) and squeezing me. I have had my crotch grabbed. And last time I went out someone stuck their tongue in my ear. All by people I have never met before.
And this is the reason I do not like people touching me when I am out. Is it really surprising?

With that girl I'd had my arse grabbed so many times that night that I just thought **** this I am saying something. It's just tedious and makes me tense (an involuntary reaction to people touching me intimately, nothing to do with taking myself seriously)
Reply 91
Original post by prescilla
So is it okay for gay men to pat on your ass too?

Original post by Fusion
WE'RE TALking about female ass in this thread. thank you very much for your cooperation.

I think the member meant is it okay for gay men to pat women's ass's too? Since they are gay it wouldn't be sexual?

In my opinion this pisses me off even more. Some mutual gay friends slap my ass cause they thinks it's okay. It's not... gay or not I still don't want a man slapping my ass.
It would probably be okay if it was a close gay friend, but since it's not I find it disrespectful and annoying. Especially since they do it more as they think they can get away with it... no matter how much i tell them not to.

As for men slapping my ass... only my boyfriend may do that.
Any other guy who tries to slap my ass without my consent is just wrong... I might that he has no respect for me. Would it be seen as okay for a guy to slap/grope a females boob? No it's touching them inappropriately.

And no I'm not a snobby girl who asks for it and complains.
I dress nicely, yes i wear skirts but it a respectable manner. If a guy friend smacked my butt and I was friendly and i know he had respect i'd be fine with it.. but if a guy friend who didn't have respect or someone i don't know well did it i would politely ask them nicely not to do it again... usually they stop and its all good... but if they don't then i get mad.
You know what, actually I think maybe I do take it more seriously than I used to, but that's only because of the **** I've had to put up with off guys in clubs.

I've had my arse bruised at leased 3 times by being pinched or slapped. I have been turned upside-down one of my shoes stolen, which I never got back. I have had my ribs cracked by someone lifting me up (rugby players -_-) and squeezing me. I have had my crotch grabbed. And last time I went out someone stuck their tongue in my ear. All by people I have never met before.
And this is the reason I do not like people touching me when I am out. Is it really surprising?

With that girl I'd had my arse grabbed so many times that night that I just thought **** this I am saying something. It's just tedious and makes me tense (an involuntary reaction to people touching me intimately, nothing to do with taking myself seriously)

If you don't like it then don't go out. In case you hadn't noticed people don't tend to give a fu** when they are drunk. Or go out with guys as well, if you have some guys with you then random blokes will be less likely to do anything.
Reply 93
If you don't like it then don't go out. In case you hadn't noticed people don't tend to give a fu** when they are drunk. Or go out with guys as well, if you have some guys with you then random blokes will be less likely to do anything.

If I don't like it?!? Are you serious? I don't think that there are many that enjoy physical injury and theft.
Oh yeah so I will just cower in my house because I'm that afraid of other peoples actions? Or not.
Often enough I go out in a group where I am the only girl. Still doesn't help.
Reply 94
May I add that context is very important. Bum pinch on train to a stranger = wrong. Pinch during flirty dancefloor exchange = okay.
If I don't like it?!? Are you serious? I don't think that there are many that enjoy physical injury and theft.
Oh yeah so I will just cower in my house because I'm that afraid of other peoples actions? Or not.
Often enough I go out in a group where I am the only girl. Still doesn't help.

Calm down dear, it's not good getting so worked up over pixels on a screen.

Yes I am serious!?!?!!?!?! if you don't like something then why do it? why would you 'cower in your house'? there are alternatives.

Live<3
Laugh<3
Love<3
Reply 96
Original post by Fusion
May I add that context is very important. Bum pinch on train to a stranger = wrong. Pinch during flirty dancefloor exchange = okay.

Hmmm yeah if you are dancing with someone and have already initiated physical contact then that does put a different angle on things. Although I still wouldn't like someone touching my bum in public. But it's the people that go round randomly grabbing any ass they can get their hands on that give any sort of ass grabbing a bad name. As a result I don't even like boyfriends touching my bum if I am honest. I just associate it with lairy dicks.
Reply 97
Calm down dear, it's not good getting so worked up over pixels on a screen.

Yes I am serious!?!?!!?!?! if you don't like something then why do it? why would you 'cower in your house'? there are alternatives.

Live<3
Laugh<3
Love<3

So...all my friends are out, but I can't go because I don;t like having my arse pinched (On your advice)
So I would stay in....pretty much amounts to cowering in my house.

On another note 'calm down dear' FULLY made me chuckle. I can only read it in the voice of Michael Winner. I miss that advert XD

Latest

Trending

Trending