The Student Room Group

School of Pharmacy, London 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nnuunnuu

thank you :smile: no the interview was ok, it was more like an informal chat and there were many people being interviewed in the same room which made it even less nerve racking .. good luck to you too.. is UCL school of pharmacy your first choice?? i really hope you get an offer :wink:

Yeah its my first choice, thankss :smile:
Original post by rhaq101
Hi

I have an interview on the 8th of December.
In the letter that they send you online, they say they ask you a lot about current medicines in the news. Did they ask you that?

Or was it just the standard questions like:
- Why Pharmacy?
- Skills needed by a pharmacist
- Why LSOP?

Are there any questions you remember them asking?

How was your interview? what were the questions like? and i see that yours was a month ago, have you received an offer yet? :smile:
Reply 142
Original post by aqua05
i'm doing A levels :smile:
Applied for dentistry :smile: pharmacy is my 5th choice :smile:

Cool, have you got any interviews/offers for dentistry then? And btw which part of Kenya are you from? :smile:
Reply 143
have all medics and dentistry appliant got an offer from UCL SOP?
Reply 144
Original post by whitelily29
I'm not sure how tough the requirements are actually. Hehhh! I'm an IB student, so it's definitely different for you. Since you took the As.

Hahaha! Well, that's one way of looking at it. I really wanted to go to LSoP cause it's in LONDON.

so they called you in for an interview and all is it? what kind of questions did they ask? (: did you apply for any other scholarships!

ohyes, how long did it take for lsop to reply you? because it's currently my only choice left who hasn't even acknowledged receiving my application :/ my friends who applied for ucl (not sure if it'd be under the same system now?) haven't heard anything for 3 months!
have all medics and dentistry appliant got an offer from UCL SOP?

I'm a medicine applicant and I got an unconditional offer a few days ago. I'm on a gap year and already have my A levels and the guy who interviewed me told me at the time "unofficially" that i would be offered a place in March. I was so surprised to hear this early.

Have you had an interview and is Pharmacy your 1st Choice?

If I don't get any med offers I will definitely come here. I really liked it.
Offer from UCLSOP! they sent me a letter saying that most of the people would be told in march but because i was an exceptional candidate *sigh* the wanted to tell me earlier!

it came as a bit of a suprise!

Good luck peeps!

(im a medic gap year with A*AA achieved)
Original post by oranges789
Offer from UCLSOP! they sent me a letter saying that most of the people would be told in march but because i was an exceptional candidate *sigh* the wanted to tell me earlier!

Good luck peeps!

What Meds have you applied to and have you had any interviews?
Reply 148

Good luck peeps!

same, i got one today too saying the same thing
Reply 149
Original post by EverHopeful -
I'm a medicine applicant and I got an unconditional offer a few days ago. I'm on a gap year and already have my A levels and the guy who interviewed me told me at the time "unofficially" that i would be offered a place in March. I was so surprised to hear this early.

I'm a medicine applicant too, so pharmacy is my fifth choice ... I got an unconditional offer, but because I got this letter today saying that most people would hear back in march, I was wondering if all medicine and dentistry applicants will hear early because they sent off their ucas earlier than everyone else.. I'm on a gap year too but i'm resitting one chemistry module in 2 weeks .. where did you apply for medicine? and have you had any interviews yet?
What Meds have you applied to and have you had any interviews?

St georges -offer. leeds, keele, barts.

you?

and whoever is negging all of these offer posts is clearly just jealous.

fix up.:smile:
St georges -offer. leeds, keele, barts.

you?

and whoever is negging all of these offer posts is clearly just jealous.

fix up.:smile:

Liverpool - interviewed
Brighton - rejected
Barts
Keele

And I don't think they like us talking Med on a Pharmacy site - but it is relevant well done on your offer
I'm a medicine applicant too, so pharmacy is my fifth choice ... I got an unconditional offer, but because I got this letter today saying that most people would hear back in march, I was wondering if all medicine and dentistry applicants will hear early because they sent off their ucas earlier than everyone else.. I'm on a gap year too but i'm resitting one chemistry module in 2 weeks .. where did you apply for medicine? and have you had any interviews yet?

Yeah, I think that's what they are doing because we applied earlier and we've got grades.

I've been interviewed at Liverpool, rejected fron Brighton and still waiting on Barts and Keele. I have reconciled myself to study Pharmacy if I am unsuccessful again this year. I don't want to spend another year doing this. I want to get on with my life. I did a weeks work exp in a hosp Pharmacy department last year, and came away really interested though I don't think I would want to go into retail Pharmacy.

Best of luck to you.
Reply 153
Original post by pea.ch
so they called you in for an interview and all is it? what kind of questions did they ask? (: did you apply for any other scholarships!

ohyes, how long did it take for lsop to reply you? because it's currently my only choice left who hasn't even acknowledged receiving my application :/ my friends who applied for ucl (not sure if it'd be under the same system now?) haven't heard anything for 3 months!

Yuppp, they called me for an interview a few days after I applied. I was really surprised actually, wasn't sure I'd even get the interview. I didn't apply for any other scholarships cause there weren't many that caught my interest. They asked about my interests, mostly focused on my PQ that I submitted. Talked a bit about my CCA, about what I know of pharmacy, asked me about my stand on euthanasia. It wasn't too long. But there were like 10-12 people, so pretty daunting.

LSOP replied me at the beginning of december. But it was about 2 months plus after I submitted my application at the end of September. I'm not sure if you need to be worried cause they didn't even contact me to ask for anything.
Reply 154
Just firmed my place at UCL SOP! (:
Yay! So excited!
Reply 155

Good luck peeps!

sameeee! loool! well done! :biggrin: xxx
Reply 156

was the "guy"- DR S GAINSFORD? lol you should see his name on the folder they gave you at LSOP interview day?
plz reply
lol :smile:
Original post by tailor
was the "guy"- DR S GAINSFORD? lol you should see his name on the folder they gave you at LSOP interview day?
plz reply
lol :smile:

No - it was a Mr Shooter.
Reply 158
just firmed my choice FOR UCL SCHOOL OF PHARMACY! scary! haha cardiff is my insurance and its the same grade requirements lol xx
Reply 159
Original post by danaxx94
just firmed my choice FOR UCL SCHOOL OF PHARMACY! scary! haha cardiff is my insurance and its the same grade requirements lol xx

YAY! It's so exciting right? (:
I firmed my choice on Sunday!
Hopefully we'll be classmates (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending