The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm now a couple of episodes from the end of Akage no Anne, and I'd been pretty impressed with the quality and attention to detail up until episode 48... which seemed ridden with errors.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2661
Naruto manga :coma:
awww man kitacon spaces already gone :frown: there were like still 200 places left 2 weeks ago :s-smilie: well ive put myself on the waiting list anyways...anyone who wants to have a chance to go should put yourself on the waiting list as soon as possible...

http://www.kitacon.org/home

waiting list looks really long dont think i stand a chance :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2663
Original post by eugenius 8
awww man kitacon spaces already gone :frown: there were like still 200 places left 2 weeks ago :s-smilie: well ive put myself on the waiting list anyways...anyone who wants to have a chance a go should put yourself on the waiting list as soon as possible...

I bet you my Mr. Lazy book we'll both move onto the membership list.
Original post by Keoje
I bet you my Mr. Lazy book we'll both move onto the membership list.

:p:

i dont get why im up a lot further on the list than you even though you only signed up like 10 mins after me :lolwut:
Reply 2665

awww man kitacon spaces already gone :frown: there were like still 200 places left 2 weeks ago :s-smilie: well ive put myself on the waiting list anyways...anyone who wants to have a chance a go should put yourself on the waiting list as soon as possible...

thought they would have filled out sooner than that:beard: Think they usually add more spaces so you never know.:tongue: Kita has really grown since the one I went to. Back then it was only 400 people.:tongue: If you guys get in then have fun, Im too busy and poor to go to it these days.:sad: Afterall its in the hilton now.:pierre:
Original post by vin
thought they would have filled out sooner than that:beard: Think they usually add more spaces so you never know.:tongue: Kita has really grown since the one I went to. Back then it was only 400 people.:tongue: If you guys get in then have fun, Im too busy and poor to go to it these days.:sad: Afterall its in the hilton now.:pierre:

hmm im still 50/50, kinda want to go but then if i dont i can save quite a bit of monies which will be useful for the summer :p: i may end up ditching the accom and sleep in tony's car :ahee:

and pop round yours to use your shower kthxbai :ninja:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2667
You guys could crash at mine or we could camp in my car outside the hotel in the car park :ninja: Either way we're either right outside our 15-20 minutes away :tongue:
Reply 2668
Hmmm the first ep of Moretsu Pirates wasnt too bad:beard: was quite fun. :smile:

Kill me baby.. well it was quite funny at times ...but that opening :indiff: quite poor:unimpressed: was so pleased when it was done.
Reply 2670
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai!'s second episode was slightly unexpected in account of how everything panned out. In this regard, the pacing could have been addressed better. I did like the main character's declaration at the end, though, which heightened my opinion of him from "generic male lead" to "generic male lead with decisive and admirable attitude".
(edited 12 years ago)
oh man oh man naruto :coma: i missed this feeling of epicness at the end of a naruto ep :dice:
Reply 2672
oh man oh man naruto :coma: i missed this feeling of epicness at the end of a naruto ep :dice:

Believe it!

Tonight I might finally try some of the new shows.

I started Moon phase on DVD last week, still yet to open the second DVD. Five episodes watched in over a week :colondollar:
Back from the training course, and have a lot of anime to catch up on! 9 new episodes to be exact, plus a few I already had backed up from before I left. And since I'm unlikely to watch much tonight (I'm exhausted), there's also any new releases that come out tonight to take into account. :afraid:

*is slightly confused that the icon for Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou on a certain download site is the loli from Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai* :hmmmm2:
Reply 2674
*starts Another* Hey why is the rozen maiden OP playing?

Just kidding it's just Ali project doing that one song they've been doing for the last four or so years again
Reply 2675
Original post by Truered

Original post by Truered
*starts Another* Hey why is the rozen maiden OP playing?

Just kidding it's just Ali project doing that one song they've been doing for the last four or so years again

to be fair the Ali project have two songs now :yes: I remember that lolis in space series AJ liked(:mmm: could never remember its name) had an Ali project song that sounded different :zomg:
Hey! I've just joined the Society and came to kinda introduce myself! I've always loved anime/manga, Ranma 1/2 has been my childhood and I started re-watching it with a Japanese friend of mine a few days ago. I thought I was over it but... you know what? you never get fully over it, and don't even want to :argh:

Btw, I'm looking for another anime to watch at the moment. Some suggestions, something similar to Kaichou wa maid-sama or Kimi ni todoke? :biggrin:
Original post by Ahotaru
Hey! I've just joined the Society and came to kinda introduce myself! I've always loved anime/manga, Ranma 1/2 has been my childhood and I started re-watching it with a Japanese friend of mine a few days ago. I thought I was over it but... you know what? you never get fully over it, and don't even want to :argh:

Btw, I'm looking for another anime to watch at the moment. Some suggestions, something similar to Kaichou wa maid-sama or Kimi ni todoke? :biggrin:

Welcome once again. :smile:

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge is an obvious recommendation for Kimi ni Todoke, since both the female lead characters are perceived as creepy, which forms the basis for much of the humour. Alternatively, if you'd prefer a standard romance series to a reverse harem (which is pretty much what Yamato Nadeshiko is), I'd suggest Lovely Complex. Plenty of comedy there too, but this time it's to do with height - tall girl and short boy, and both are insecure about it.

Hope that helps. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Welcome once again. :smile:

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge is an obvious recommendation for Kimi ni Todoke, since both the female lead characters are perceived as creepy, which forms the basis for much of the humour. Alternatively, if you'd prefer a standard romance series to a reverse harem (which is pretty much what Yamato Nadeshiko is), I'd suggest Lovely Complex. Plenty of comedy there too, but this time it's to do with height - tall girl and short boy, and both are insecure about it.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Ow, thank you AngryJellyFish... but I have seen both of them already :colondollar: I'm afraid that I will have to check a list!
Reply 2679
Was it just me or did Another just not seem creepy at all? I watched two episodes and all I can recall are eyepatches and the vague "ooh I mentioned something I shouldn't have without meaning too."

Also tried Inu boku which was entertaining if not amazing.

After the initial hopeful start I dropped everyday lives of high school boys after I quickly fastforwarded and saw it continued to just be characters chatting

Latest