The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by In One Ear
Ehh, just about, got 82 UMS i think (despite thinking it had gone brilliantly...:confused: )

N'awww, linear prog questions are the best! They're the only part of the paper that actually feels mathematical and its quite interesting to see the outcome of your modelled situations sometimes.

Probs, im AQA, good luck to you too!

Trust me i feel like it :angry:. Just getting a bit bored right now having crammed all day- i have just about the required knowledge and understanding to get an A* now but it'll depend on the questions that come up and not making mistakes, so its going to be hairy to say the least :tongue:.

Aww well 82 is still an A so.... :smile:
Yeah i did some practise linear prog questions and they're quite nice actually. The one in the exam was ok except i prefer to use vertex testing so..... :/
Ooh im edexcel...how did it go? :biggrin:
I hope it all went ok!!

Agghh that D1 exam....one of the most stressful things ever!!!! I was literally shaking by the end of it!! I finished with about 30 secs left...something clicked right at the end!! Hopefully i'll have done enough to get an A - i wouldn't be able to face resitting!
Agghh that D1 exam....one of the most stressful things ever!!!! I was literally shaking by the end of it!! I finished with about 30 secs left...something clicked right at the end...Hopefully i'll have done enough to get an A - i wouldn't be able to face resitting!

Did anyone else do D1 edexcel today?
Reply 4522
Original post by BeccaCath94
Ooh thats the course i applied for so fingers crossed i hear something soon!!
I've heard from my other 4 choices......... :smile:

I hope you do! :smile: how are your exams going and thats good, im still waiting on edinburgh
Just did my C3 resit and I KNOW I got 100 UMS. :biggrin: Woot! :biggrin:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Just did my C3 resit and I KNOW I got 100 UMS. :biggrin: Woot! :biggrin:

Dammit! Forgot you like negs... Don't worry, I shall come back and neg you one day :biggrin:

Well done!
Original post by Beth1234
Dammit! Forgot you like negs... Don't worry, I shall come back and neg you one day :biggrin:

Well done!

Haha, thanks, yeah I'm real happy. Needed 99 for an A*, but just checked TSR and all my answers are right, not to mention this years questions were so bad half the people are calling up AQA to complain!
Haha, thanks, yeah I'm real happy. Needed 99 for an A*, but just checked TSR and all my answers are right, not to mention this years questions were so bad half the people are calling up AQA to complain!

All sounds good then :cool: Yeah, this year OCR got a few complaints about the C1 paper... one from someone in my school in fact. Not sure I get what the fuss is... :dontknow:
Original post by Beth1234
All sounds good then :cool: Yeah, this year OCR got a few complaints about the C1 paper... one from someone in my school in fact. Not sure I get what the fuss is... :dontknow:

Well I suppose people work hard, get to the exam, can't clock the exam and just get really irritated because they feel they deserved better. So instead of thinking to themselves that they just weren't good enough on the day. They call up, rant, rant to friends and hope for a lower grade boundary. ;D
Well I suppose people work hard, get to the exam, can't clock the exam and just get really irritated because they feel they deserved better. So instead of thinking to themselves that they just weren't good enough on the day. They call up, rant, rant to friends and hope for a lower grade boundary. ;D

I suppose that makes sense... it's a shame that the person I know who complained didn't work very hard at all :redface:
Original post by Edwin Okli
Definitely Imperial if I get an offer from them. I'm a tad worried about it all since... if I don't get A*AA I won't get AAA, I'll get A*AB. Predicament but I'm hoping that if Imperial give me an offer they'll allow me to mess up an A level.

Sorry to disappoint you:
One: Imperial is STRICT with their offers, I had one of A*A*A and I got A*A*B with missing the A by 7 UMS and it was a NO! My Insurance Bristol said yes though...
Two: My friends who didnt fail miserably went to Imperial to do Maths and HATE it. Their timetable is 9-5 everyday and the work given means they have to work till at least 2 (If you want at least a 2:1) So In short you have NO life at Imperial.

Better off at UCL! :smile:
Reply 4530
Hi guys! ^_^
I applied to study maths in uni (hence me writing this post here)

I have 3 out of 5 offers so far. So excited :biggrin: :colondollar: :cool:

I applied for Southampton, Nottingham, Queen Mary, Brighton and Greenwich!

I have offers from Nottingham, Queen Mary and Greenwich. :ahee:

Just awaiting the other two. Why are they taking so long? -_- :confused: and did anyone apply to the Uni's I did? ;o :banana2::bigsmile:

Now I really should continue revising for my C3 exam..

I like it when exams are difficult. I do recall my school complained to AQA about the GCSE French reading exam I sat. Apparently it was because the format was so different. I don't think I've had any really outrageous exams though.
Original post by Mathelete

Original post by Mathelete
Sorry to disappoint you:
One: Imperial is STRICT with their offers, I had one of A*A*A and I got A*A*B with missing the A by 7 UMS and it was a NO! My Insurance Bristol said yes though...
Two: My friends who didnt fail miserably went to Imperial to do Maths and HATE it. Their timetable is 9-5 everyday and the work given means they have to work till at least 2 (If you want at least a 2:1) So In short you have NO life at Imperial.

Better off at UCL! :smile:

I have little to no life at the moment so…
I'm not too concerned about avoiding the dreaded B, but it is always a possibility.

Agghh that D1 exam....one of the most stressful things ever!!!! I was literally shaking by the end of it!! I finished with about 30 secs left...something clicked right at the end...Hopefully i'll have done enough to get an A - i wouldn't be able to face resitting!

Did anyone else do D1 edexcel today?

i didn't complete the paper... but the paper went surprisingly well considering I self-studied the course. it was also more fun than i expected - as you know there was a chocolate bar at stake, and my friend challenged me to beat his 85 with under 3 hours of studying (which he did last year!)
Original post by theharrovian

i didn't complete the paper... but the paper went surprisingly well considering I self-studied the course. it was also more fun than i expected - as you know there was a chocolate bar at stake, and my friend challenged me to beat his 85 with under 3 hours of studying (which he did last year!)

That's crazy. I know it's simple but all these "make your method clear" things are just a pain.

That's crazy. I know it's simple but all these "make your method clear" things are just a pain.

I haven't looked at a mark scheme, I'm not sure how it works so I just showed every single bit of my working out... I have no idea how my friend got 85 but he was just the sort of person that didn't really need to work to get amazing results, and as a result worked his socks off for everything. i think he saw d1 as an intellectual challenge and that's how i decided to approach it as well
Original post by skibur
I hope you do! :smile: how are your exams going and thats good, im still waiting on edinburgh

Ermm they're going good (i think!) I did exma number 3 of 5 today so i'm getting through them! I've got C3 on monday which i'm worried about then FP1 on 30th.... How about you?
I'm just waiting for leeds now... Already got liverpool, heriot-watt and lancaster and am going to an open day at sheffield in march... Where else did you apply?

I self studied too but have done more than 3 hours of revision for it!!!!!!
Yeah it was pretty fun i guess..not really like a conventional exam as such....i kept it close to the wire though!!!
I hope you get the chocolate bar!

I self studied too but have done more than 3 hours of revision for it!!!!!!
Yeah it was pretty fun i guess..not really like a conventional exam as such....i kept it close to the wire though!!!
I hope you get the chocolate bar!

well i did have m1 on the same day and 7 more modules to come so i think i'll be forgiven for the lack of revision... and i think i might actually get the chocolate bar since i revised the most in my class! some of the people in the exam hall just decided to take a nap... and i think one or two must have handed in an empty paper.
A-Levels sound scary. Hope you guys did well in your exams and good luck for any you still have to do!
well i did have m1 on the same day and 7 more modules to come so i think i'll be forgiven for the lack of revision... and i think i might actually get the chocolate bar since i revised the most in my class! some of the people in the exam hall just decided to take a nap... and i think one or two must have handed in an empty paper.

Oh god!!!! I wouldnt be able to do that.....no matter how unimportant the exam was!!
But i'll forgive you for having m1 on the same day.....
I hope you do get the choc bar!! Any idea on brand?

Latest