Congrats, did you get a call?
Original post by Loulibelle
I've got an interview on 8th!! Eek!!

What is a typical offer is for BM6??

x

Well done on getting an interview! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 1402
Original post by infernalcradle
haha, it's going well...although it's a lot more work than I thought it would be....

my personal statement was amazing :biggrin: (although I would say that since I wrote it)

it's not just the PS, but the reference that is taken into account.....

if it's good enough, you'll get an interview....but there is nothing you can do about it now tbh...

How much weighting do you think/know they bear on the interview? - compared to other parts of your application (grades, PS and reference)

Original post by jcb123
How much weighting do you think/know they bear on the interview? - compared to other parts of your application (grades, PS and reference)

your PS and reference decide if you are interviewed.....

your interview is also scored

the scores are put together for an overall total....

the top 45 get offers...
How long after the interview do we expect to hear something back from them? :smile:
Reply 1405
your PS and reference decide if you are interviewed.....

your interview is also scored

the scores are put together for an overall total....

the top 45 get offers...

Thanks for the quick reply!

When do we hear back from the interview?, as I heard you get a letter a couple of weeks (it's been 5 weeks) after the interview stating whether you have been rejected or further consideration...

Also, when do they start giving out the offers?

Cheers :smile:
Original post by jcb123
Thanks for the quick reply!

When do we hear back from the interview?, as I heard you get a letter a couple of weeks (it's been 5 weeks) after the interview stating whether you have been rejected or further consideration...

Also, when do they start giving out the offers?

Cheers :smile:

you SHOULD get a further consideration/rejection letter about a month afterwards....

early offers go out in mid feb.....most offers however go out late march
Reply 1407
you SHOULD get a further consideration/rejection letter about a month afterwards....

I SHOULD be hearing sometime soon then! Thanks for the info.

You ledge :smile: thank you! Waiting is so hard, or I have no patience, which is bad for a doctor...

Oh wait, no, that's patients...
If they give you an interview early, does that mean they're more interested in you than those interviewed late march?
Original post by TheStudent.
If they give you an interview early, does that mean they're more interested in you than those interviewed late march?

No :smile:.
any rejections gone out yet?
Reply 1412

I was told by someone at Southampton that they do it in order of how you score on your personal statement and reference.
Reply 1413
Original post by bubble3004
any rejections gone out yet?

I was one of the first to be interviewed and me and another guy I know haven't heard yet... It's been 5 weeks - they said we would get some sort of reply within a month.
ok :smile:

i guess they will start giving desisions soon

thanks for answering
Reply 1415
How many interviews gone out so far? 100+?
Original post by mashalli

its probably impossible to know

but i guess it could be estimated by figuring out how many they interview each week and when they started,

it seems they only interview on one day per week
Reply 1417
Original post by mashalli

I worked it out at around 150 - could be more, but doubt it would be less bearing in mind that there were 800+ applicants.
Original post by jcb123
I was told by someone at Southampton that they do it in order of how you score on your personal statement and reference.

Do the rest of us still have any chance of getting an interview, seeing as though its almost febuary? And some have gotten offers already.
Reply 1419
Do the rest of us still have any chance of getting an interview, seeing as though its almost febuary? And some have gotten offers already.

Of course, they interview into mid march. Early offers are given out mid feb with the rest being at the end of march.

There haven't been any offers yet! Not for BM6 anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending