The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

I want to apply for a scholarship, but I need to have an offer before the 10th of February...Would it be too bad if I emailed them near the end of January to ask them how it's going??
Reply 341
Original post by Xristina

I want to apply for a scholarship, but I need to have an offer before the 10th of February...Would it be too bad if I emailed them near the end of January to ask them how it's going??

i emailed them..n they asked me to check portico..so don't bother..
Original post by jansenkoh
i emailed them..n they asked me to check portico..so don't bother..

did you email the department or the application office? Cause the people I talked to at the department have been very helpful so far. On top of that, if I tell them the truth, which is that basically this is the only scholarship that would allow me to actually take up their offer, maybe they would try and speed it up a bit.
Reply 343
did you email the department or the application office? Cause the people I talked to at the department have been very helpful so far. On top of that, if I tell them the truth, which is that basically this is the only scholarship that would allow me to actually take up their offer, maybe they would try and speed it up a bit.

i emailed the applcation office. No wonder i got such a reply. Which dept is yours anyway?
i emailed the applcation office. No wonder i got such a reply. Which dept is yours anyway?

classics. And I've already explained to them the problem with the scholarship, mainly because I will have to take a reference from the person that will supervise me if I go to UCL. The way I see it, the department would want its students to try for the scholarships, as this would allow good students to go to UCL.
What sort of questions are asked on the interview? A little nervous and intimated about it so just thought I'd be nice to have a vague idea.
Reply 346
What is everyone's app status? Im one is still at App received even though they got all my docs....
My application (MA Archives & Records Management) was complete sometime around December 10th. Since then, it has said "Application complete. Your references have been received and your application is being assessed." It hasn't been 6 weeks yet, so I believe I won't hear anything for another week or so...if there isn't any backlog in the processing.

LSEFreak, they probably have many, many applications to sort through right now, so I wouldn't worry that your status hasn't changed to complete yet. When did you complete your application/send in your documents?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 348
awaiting reference :eek:
i applied for msc econ in early nov..and yet to hear a reply..anyone heard anyting frm the econ dept yet?

Same here, MSc Econ, completed Nov 21, not a word.
Status says "application complete" :s-smilie:
Reply 350
Anyone going to be applying for a career development loan?
Just received a conditional offer for UCL's Archives & Records Management Program! :smile:
And for those who want to know, my application was complete on December 15th, and I received a decision on January 23rd.
Best of luck to everyone!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 352
I've received an offer to do the MA in Medieval Studies.

Currently waiting to hear back from the Medieval Studies tutor regarding scholarship opportunities. I hope I can land something because if I don't there's pretty much no way I can afford to go.
Argh waiting for two references is so frustrating! Been 3 weeks since I completed my application now, my academic reference submitted his straight away, but my boss is taking forever to do hers! Sigh.
Reply 354
Original post by janjanmmm
Same here, MSc Econ, completed Nov 21, not a word.
Status says "application complete" :s-smilie:

i think they take forever to process. Tell me early so i can make alternatives. What a frustrating wait!
Reply 355
Someone applied for Econ?

I am waiting since beginning of November. (approx. 10 weeks)
Reply 356
Original post by Franzel

same here..applied for econ in early nov..have been waiting ever since..sure hope they reply soon thou!
Reply 357
Original post by Franzel

Ya I've applied for econ, but I applied in Jan. Like 2 weeks back :tongue:
Reply 358
How high are the rejection rates for MSc Econs anyway? Anyone has any idea?
Reply 359
Do all programs require an interview? I applied for the MSc Public Policy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending