The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by mathso
If I got T wrong for that speed time question do I get follow through marks for the rest of the question cos it all depended on that? Thanks

Anyone?
Original post by followmeup
Strangely, I found the last question the easiest for some reason haha

same. I had done like all the forces questions from the past papers.
Reply 82
Got everything except I made a daft mistake on 3c); found the angle it made with -j, rather than j :/ probably only lose the accuracy mark I think?
June 2011 was harder then this and that had grade boundary 60 for an A. Can't believe people are saying this was easier..
for question 3c i stupidly just worked out the angle to the horizontal and gave 14 degrees as the answer so how many mark do u reckon I would lose. And also for question 4c i gave the answer as 17/12 dmg because i made a mistake in my calculations as i had 3RD instead of 3dRD so i couldnt cancel; again how many marks would I lose? thanks
Reply 85
Original post by xXxiKillxXx
June 2011 was harder then this and that had grade boundary 60 for an A. Can't believe people are saying this was easier..

i thought it was hard in places, i totally screwed the last question up.
Will i get any marks as i used the same R value from the previous question, but in the SUVAT part of the question, i did use V=0, u=16, so will i get 1 mark for this?
Also for the acceleration-time graph, i left the time intervals in the form 1/3t and then wrote (16) next to it, so it was like 1/3t(16), is this okay?
Reply 86
Original post by mathso
Anyone?

Yeah I think I messed the T up should get follow through marks, overall good paper though, hopefully should get around 68-70 marks.
Reply 87
Original post by xXxiKillxXx

That doesn't even make sense?
Reply 88
I messed up on the last question, stupidly I didn't think to use CONSTANT speed to show that it had no acceleration lol :/ so because of that i couldn't find the co-efficient of Fmax or do part c. so what i did was just make up a value for "a" that would give the co-efficient between 0 and 1, that way i could also do part c but obviously i'll get the wrong answer in both b and c. But do you reckon they'll still give me method marks for it even though i've used the wrong values?
Reply 89
If I forgot to remove the force upwards in my calculation to get a different accel and answer on the very last part will I lose all 5?
Reply 90
This paper was harder than June 2011 in my opinion. Moments, SUVAT 6 mark and the last question were all tricky
Reply 91
Arsey i hope your mark scheme is 100% correct. Its usually is anyway!
i thought i screwed that exam up, according to your ms i have (71-68), what grade and approx. ums?
How many marks would i lose for writing 76 degrees on the vector question?
Reply 93
Original post by sqwerty
If I forgot to remove the force upwards in my calculation to get a different accel and answer on the very last part will I lose all 5?

same, i got like 16m in the end. But i think we will get atleast 1 because we attempted to use the correct SUVAT eq. with V=0. u=..., ect i calculated the wrong acc. all because of a wrong R value.
Reply 94
Original post by brittanna
How many marks would i lose for writing 76 degrees on the vector question?

depends on what working you put. If you just wrote 76 than you would lose all 3.
Reply 95
Hey Arsey,
For 8c) i got the same value for the deceleration as you did , but i must have rounded when putting it in my calculator so i got the answer as 11.7m, how many marks do you think I would loose for that?
Original post by Mr.cool
depends on what working you put. If you just wrote 76 than you would lose all 3.

I drew a diagram (like in arseys answers).
I then wrote:

tan(theta)=12/3
tan(theta)=4
theta=tan^-1(4)
theta=75.96 degrees
theta=76 degrees (to the nearest degree).
Original post by icedragon
If you put a solid line down to the axis you won't get the mark. Dotted is fine though. That's how its been in previous mark schemes.

Oh crap. You sure I would literally lose the marks for that? How is it wrong?
EDIT:
I suppose it is technically wrong because my diagram implied that there was more than one value of a for the same value of t, but then again there is no feasible scenario where the acceleration would suddenly go from 15/16 to 0 (it would have to decrease, perhaps over a short period of time, which would make my diagram basically correct).
How many marks out of three would I lose for this question then?
(edited 12 years ago)
how many UMS do you think 67-70 marks would be?
For question 3b I think on only worked out the vector quantity of the resultant, rather than the magnitude.

How many marks would I loose, seeing as it was a 1 mark question.

I though it was pretty easy paper though!! Grade boundaries will be very high, Im sure!
Probably about 68-71 for an A*

Latest

Trending

Trending