The Student Room Group

Peninsula dentistry. . 2011 /2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarabds
this ammendment needs to be changed to 4000 hrs. Also this wait is killin moi :frown:

Yeah I agree! the general consensus is 1000 hours each year for 5 years but the UK dental school have proven that a previous degree is significant enough to reduce the hours required to qualify a dentist of the same standard. Had a long conversation with the women at peninsula and she says she doesn't see the amendments being accepted as they are but change is definitely needed.
Reply 181
Original post by Ballaholic
Yeah I agree! the general consensus is 1000 hours each year for 5 years but the UK dental school have proven that a previous degree is significant enough to reduce the hours required to qualify a dentist of the same standard. Had a long conversation with the women at peninsula and she says she doesn't see the amendments being accepted as they are but change is definitely needed.

where else have you applied Ballaholic? x
Original post by sarabds
where else have you applied Ballaholic? x

I've applied to Cardiff (straight rejection) King's and Bart's. Just got an email from King's saying that they plan to continue the four year course but that there is a chance that it will become a 5 year course as it progresses if these amendments are passed. What about you?
Reply 183
ye im stunned at whats going on at the moment with this eu legislation, adds to the stress and uni's are taking their time in getting back to us.
Iv applied to bham, peninsula, liverpool and uclan. Not heard a word from liverpool though so wonder whats going on there but the rest of them are taking their time in getting back to those that have been interviewed :frown:
Reply 184
At the dec interviews Peninsula said there would be further interviews in January. Has anyone had an invite to a January interview?
Reply 185
Original post by maggots
At the dec interviews Peninsula said there would be further interviews in January. Has anyone had an invite to a January interview?

im sure they said february but i maybe wrong??
Reply 186
Any one heard anything?! Getting fed up of waiting ! X
Reply 187
I just called Peninsula right now and was told we would hear back next week
Reply 188
Original post by sarabds
I just called Peninsula right now and was told we would hear back next week

yehh i rang today too and they said the same, am scared now eeeeeek!! fingers crossed everyone :biggrin:
Cheers girls! The sooner we all know, the better! Fingers, legs, lungs and kidneys crossed everyone!
Reply 190
i rang too! bet they get annoyed... they are having a meeting on monday and we should hopefully know by the end of next week :smile:..... this month is never ending ! x
Reply 191
hey guys when i rang up the admissions team said that med applicants offers ect will be this week and dentistry offers ect will be next week.

just checked the medicine thread and there rejections came first like 2 days ago and offers afterwards which were today

Anyone else bricking it ?
Reply 192
Original post by cavvic
hey guys when i rang up the admissions team said that med applicants offers ect will be this week and dentistry offers ect will be next week.

just checked the medicine thread and there rejections came first like 2 days ago and offers afterwards which were today

Anyone else bricking it ?

Me!! How did they find out? Post or email x
Rejections via email....offers via track update
Reply 194
Bricking it, major nerves and overall anxiety of all this waiting and tension !!!!!

Best of luck to us all for the coming week!!!
Original post by chilly23
Bricking it, major nerves and overall anxiety of all this waiting and tension !!!!!

Best of luck to us all for the coming week!!!

Feel exactly the same......Let today be the day Peninsula.....Tired of clicking the refresh button
Reply 196
Are the offers out today or during the week?
Original post by singhwon
Are the offers out today or during the week?

well we were told we'd hear by 29th jan....so am guessin later on today maybe :confused:
Reply 198
Original post by abdulazizi
well we were told we'd hear by 29th jan....so am guessin later on today maybe :confused:

Just called them, the woman said the meeting is later this week and that can expect to hear end of this week or end of next week at the latest :s

Offers via track
Reply 199
i reckon it will be end of the week like medicine was

Quick Reply

Latest