The Student Room Group

OCR A Chemistry F322 Chains, Energy and Resources Thu 19 Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
for the very first question : saturated as it contains no carbon to carbon double bonds and hydrocarbon as it is made up of hydrogen and carbon only ?
Original post by faz_341
for pecrenatge yield i got 94% and -134 for the enthalpy change question
the bond enthalpy for hcl i got 431.5

yh is correct! :wink: i put 93.4 % will i get the mark?
Original post by faz_341

Original post by faz_341
for the very first question : saturated as it contains no carbon to carbon double bonds and hydrocarbon as it is made up of hydrogen and carbon only ?

yes i remm now..yes yes i do :biggrin:
Original post by faz_341

yes i put that i said hydrocarobn contains carbon and hydrogen only and i said saturated is a hydrocarbon with single bonds
Original post by otrivine

sure there was a question on draw Alkenes D and F WHEN prpan-2-ol gets oxidised

hmmm i think i kinda remem dat
Original post by narmu_kwonjiyong
hmmm i think i kinda remem dat

did u get the same as me?
Reply 846
yh is correct! :wink: i put 93.4 % will i get the mark?

you should get method marks but it did say put your answer to 2sigfig wich 93.4 isnt :/
Reply 847
did u get 63.6 or something for the relative molecular mass of the moon rock sample leading to the conclusion that it was copper?
and who else got 431.5 for the hcl bond enthalpy?
Original post by faz_341
you should get method marks but it did say put your answer to 2sigfig wich 93.4 isnt :/

yh snap ! and for the drawing you had 3 boxes t draw when propan-2-ol gets oxidised ? i drew two with the doulbe oxygen on different carbons and the third one i drew a methyl with the double bond oxygen?
Original post by faz_341
did u get 63.6 or something for the relative molecular mass of the moon rock sample leading to the conclusion that it was copper?
and who else got 431.5 for the hcl bond enthalpy?

yes i got 63.6 but i put sulphur!
Reply 850
i hasd a ethyl group and hydrogen on one and a methyl group and a hydrogen on the other :s-smilie: but im not sure on that one tbh
Original post by faz_341
i hasd a ethyl group and hydrogen on one and a methyl group and a hydrogen on the other :s-smilie: but im not sure on that one tbh

cause it is a propan-2-ol therefore is oxidised to a ketone?
Reply 852
yes i got 63.6 but i put sulphur!

cudnt have been sulphur sorry as it was copper which was the closest only 0.1 away as copper is 63.5
Reply 853
cause it is a propan-2-ol therefore is oxidised to a ketone?

oh yes sorry i was talking abpout the e/z isomers question yes a secondary alcohol gets oxidised to a ketone
Original post by faz_341
cudnt have been sulphur sorry as it was copper which was the closest only 0.1 away as copper is 63.5

yh i thought so but do you get 2 out of 3 marks for the calculation and 1 mark for element? and for the molecular formula what did u get ? and for CFC did you put insoluble in water?
Original post by faz_341
oh yes sorry i was talking abpout the e/z isomers question yes a secondary alcohol gets oxidised to a ketone

and what did you put on the third box e/z isomer for the combustion balancing did you put 10.5 1/2 for o2 to balance?
Reply 856
did ypu get this for this equation
c16h34 --> c8h18 + 2 CH3CH=CHCH3
Original post by faz_341
did ypu get this for this equation
c16h34 --> c8h18 + 2 CH3CH=CHCH3

which question /?
Reply 858
i think it was heptane wasnt it for combustion so
C7h16 + 1102 --> 7co2 +8h20
no it was 11 02 as there are 22 oxygen atoms on each side
Reply 859
which question /?

it said somethibg like c6h3a can be cracked to give octane and but2ene show the bvlacnced equation for this reaction

Quick Reply

Latest