The Student Room Group

OCR A Chemistry F322 Chains, Energy and Resources Thu 19 Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by faz_341
to one carbon i had a methyul group and a hydorgen atom and to the opther carbon i had a ethyl group and a hydrogen carbon

yh thats what i got for the sterosiomer what about the strucural isomer
Reply 881
Original post by kingam
yh thats what i got for the sterosiomer what about the strucural isomer

cant remember what i put sorry :/

Original post by otrivine
it was 1 mark so will they give me the mark?

should do i think if it was only 1 mark :smile:
Original post by faz_341
cant remember what i put sorry :/

should do i think if it was only 1 mark :smile:

yes hopefully so what other questions were there hmm..
Reply 883
i cant remember any others tbh
Reply 884
yes hopefully so what other questions were there hmm..

how about the mechanism how did you draw them lol , erm and how many marks was that radical question .
Original post by faz_341
i cant remember any others tbh

there was this question on structural isomers i put 7! and for the three reasons why is better for process 1 i said higher atom economy, uses catalyst and uses lower atomospheric pressure
Original post by kingam
how about the mechanism how did you draw them lol , erm and how many marks was that radical question .

there were 10 marks it was easy the same so u had to put the dipoles and show an arrow from bond to Br and an arrow coming down from double bond e.t.c and the last one was nucleophilic substitution and was heterolytic fission
Reply 887
there were 10 marks it was easy the same so u had to put the dipoles and show an arrow from bond to Br and an arrow coming down from double bond e.t.c and the last one was nucleophilic substitution and was heterolytic fission

yh i did that i just got feeling i made a dumb mistake, drew the mechanism on the wrong place for electrophllic addition it was confusing where you had to draw it .
Original post by kingam
yh i did that i just got feeling i made a dumb mistake, drew the mechanism on the wrong place for electrophllic addition it was confusing where you had to draw it .

they did it purposely as cyclic to confuse people !!!! :angry: i think they like us to lose marks
Reply 889
they did it purposely as cyclic to confuse people !!!! :angry: i think they like us to lose marks

tell me about it and that polmer question was a cyclic :angry:
Original post by kingam
tell me about it and that polmer question was a cyclic :angry:

yh i drew two of them with a line between them to conncect with each other was shocked when that came up never saw those!! before and for the three reasons for process 1 i said about higher atom economy uses catalyst and uses lower atomospheric pressure
Reply 891
yh i drew two of them with a line between them to conncect with each other was shocked when that came up never saw those!! before and for the three reasons for process 1 i said about higher atom economy uses catalyst and uses lower atomospheric pressure

i wrote about higher ataon aconomy and talked about two reasons for catalyst like an idiot i talked about yield aswell :frown:, probz lost 1 mark on that question
Original post by kingam
i wrote about higher ataon aconomy and talked about two reasons for catalyst like an idiot i talked about yield aswell :frown:, probz lost 1 mark on that question

yh i wrote exactly for first point higher atom econcomy, then i worte catalyst saves energy cost then thir point i saw that it uses a lower pressure! cause those were the three differences ?
Reply 893
yh i wrote exactly for first point higher atom econcomy, then i worte catalyst saves energy cost then thir point i saw that it uses a lower pressure! cause those were the three differences ?

yh i just rememberd i talked about the crude oil saying its non renewable aswell , catalayst i wrote less co2 being released and toxic gases .
Original post by kingam
yh i just rememberd i talked about the crude oil saying its non renewable aswell , catalayst i wrote less co2 being released and toxic gases .

actually thinking about it the paper was not really easy and people say is easy but then say they have made silly mistakes !

what did u get for the question on equilibrium about catalyst for the first point said stays the same and second point said is to the right hand side?
Reply 895
actually thinking about it the paper was not really easy and people say is easy but then say they have made silly mistakes !

what did u get for the question on equilibrium about catalyst for the first point said stays the same and second point said is to the right hand side?

yh thats what i got guess got that right lol
Original post by kingam
yh thats what i got guess got that right lol

cant believe i made a silly mistake on the distribution cause they said decreased shoot !! i hope ill get one mark for the shape and labeleed axes! what else questions were there?
Reply 897
cant believe i made a silly mistake on the distribution cause they said decreased shoot !! i hope ill get one mark for the shape and labeleed axes! what else questions were there?

erm there was one on colour change i wrote orange to colourless , cant think of any others you?
Original post by kingam
erm there was one on colour change i wrote orange to colourless , cant think of any others you?

yes i put that as well :wink: what was the question after the colour ones ?
Reply 899
yes i put that as well :wink: what was the question after the colour ones ?

erm something when alkenes are added with H2 and another two reactions i think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending