The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine Graduate Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Lornaliz
Are you guys talking about the Dick Vet post app visit? x

no I think the RVC has a group interview on Wednesday.
Reply 261
lol ok just checking! Yeah the Edinburgh visit day is on Weds too. Good luck to you all! :smile:
Reply 262
I've just been drawn to this thread even though I'm 3 years too early! I haven't even started my undergrad degree yet but I'll be where all of you are in 3 years :biggrin:
Reply 263
Original post by Lornaliz
lol ok just checking! Yeah the Edinburgh visit day is on Weds too. Good luck to you all! :smile:

Thank you! :smile: Enjoy the Edinburgh visit!
Im scared! And Excited and nervous and happy and worried and pretty much every range of yo yo-ing emotion! Looking forawrd to actually being productive again in trying to get a place. Sitting around is murder. Im not looking forward to the month or two wait for results tho. Hopefully it will be worth the wait in the end..... :smile:
bristol offer! Good luck other graduates!
Original post by ElizabethAngela

Well done! Bristols cool :biggrin: a LOT of work tho. They are very lecture intensive for the first few years but its all worth it in the end!
Reply 267

Did you have an interview? When did you here? Well done :smile:
Original post by sophie_aj
Did you have an interview? When did you here? Well done :smile:

Hi, I had an interview on wednesday morning, and got the letter through today... Although, money is now a quandry.... Have you applied there? :smile:
Original post by Phoenix_147
Well done! Bristols cool :biggrin: a LOT of work tho. They are very lecture intensive for the first few years but its all worth it in the end!

Yeah, I got that vibe, as it seems for years one- three you are in the city, and have the majority of the animal contact in years 4/5....... Can't believe it though, I thought I sounded like a bufoon in the interview.... Couldn't.Stop.Talking!!
getting all excited and nervous for weds now!! My interview outfit is all put together :smile: haha, all the important stuff sorted :wink:
Reply 271

Woop congratulations :biggrin:

Original post by cornish_pasty
getting all excited and nervous for weds now!! My interview outfit is all put together :smile: haha, all the important stuff sorted :wink:

Oh yes of course, the first thing I did was to buy a shirt for my outfit :biggrin: important stuff!
Good luck for wednesday guys! Is it RVC interviews? hope that it is insightful and enjoyable!
Reply 273
Hi, I had an interview on wednesday morning, and got the letter through today... Although, money is now a quandry.... Have you applied there? :smile:

Hi yes I have but not heard yet. Also I apologise for my appalling grammar in the last message. Still getting to grips with my new phone! Currently I have am offer from Edinburgh so at least I have an option but a little hoping for a marginally cheaper option! I did have an offer from Bristol when I applied before but didn't end up going. what's your degree and are you still studying?
Hi yes I have but not heard yet. Also I apologise for my appalling grammar in the last message. Still getting to grips with my new phone! Currently I have am offer from Edinburgh so at least I have an option but a little hoping for a marginally cheaper option! I did have an offer from Bristol when I applied before but didn't end up going. what's your degree and are you still studying?

Hopefully you will hear from them soon! Congrats on the Edinburgh offer- I have friends there, and they love it, and are so keen and enthusiastic- wish I could afford it there....
In my interview they did say that I was "an unusual candidate" I have a totally unrelated BA in...... photography (cringe) which I completed quite a few years ago (Im 26) returned to college last year to do Chem and Maths, and applied this autumn when I was certain I had the grades. I spent the past 5 years working with animals/vets/on farms, and worked ina research institute for a long time, affiliated with Oxford Uni, and managed to get a paper published in vet record, these aspects rather than my previous education I think were what interested bristol.
So, in a nutshell, not studying at the mo, working at a racing/hunting yard currently!

Have you finished your degree? and good luck for Brizzle! (I also applied to notts, but they rejected me straight away)
:smile:
Reply 275
Hopefully you will hear from them soon! Congrats on the Edinburgh offer- I have friends there, and they love it, and are so keen and enthusiastic- wish I could afford it there....
In my interview they did say that I was "an unusual candidate" I have a totally unrelated BA in...... photography (cringe) which I completed quite a few years ago (Im 26) returned to college last year to do Chem and Maths, and applied this autumn when I was certain I had the grades. I spent the past 5 years working with animals/vets/on farms, and worked ina research institute for a long time, affiliated with Oxford Uni, and managed to get a paper published in vet record, these aspects rather than my previous education I think were what interested bristol.
So, in a nutshell, not studying at the mo, working at a racing/hunting yard currently!

Have you finished your degree? and good luck for Brizzle! (I also applied to notts, but they rejected me straight away)
:smile:

Hurray! Finally someone else with a totally bizarre way in! I'm also 26, graduated 2009 in animal science but since then I've been working in contemporary circus and creative education mainly with also care work! Before I went to uni I was working full time on farms. The last few years have been really interesting but totally confirmed what I want to do! I'm basically a scientist and artist and have had issues deciding what to do. :smile: ate you still waiting on any other unis?
Hurray! Finally someone else with a totally bizarre way in! I'm also 26, graduated 2009 in animal science but since then I've been working in contemporary circus and creative education mainly with also care work! Before I went to uni I was working full time on farms. The last few years have been really interesting but totally confirmed what I want to do! I'm basically a scientist and artist and have had issues deciding what to do. :smile: ate you still waiting on any other unis?

Oh how fantastic that all sounds! Really interesting, and I think it is good to have lots of life experience, you definitely then never run out of things to talk about, the art/science issue, I know that one well... I had a lot of friends who found it hard to decide where their true passions lay, ultimately I concluded that science s where my aptitude and curiosity come to the fore, and art is a fun hobby that helps me relax (and occasionally makes me a few quid)
I'm not waiting on anymore, I applied to Liverpool Notts and Bristol (also newcastle for animal science) got offers from Bristol and Newcastle, but notts and liv both rejections... I was soo upset when I got the notts letter!
Have you had a bristol interview? xxx
Just out of interest why did people who didn't apply to RVC not apply to RVC? Surely as a graduate it's a much more financially viable option?
Reply 278
have any graduates heard from liverpool yet? i had the work experience questionnaire but nothing else. Also does any one else have a notts interview on the 8th feb? i saw some guy on the stalking page but i havent seen him on these pages yet.
Reply 279
Hi
I am new on here and been stalking this page since I applied.... so I thought it was time I joined and said hello:smile:. I haven't heard anything from Liverpool either since the W/E form, am getting worried now. In a way I wish they would just let us know either way so we can prepare and form other plans. Good luck everyone with RVC interviews!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending