The Student Room Group

G063 - OCR ICT Exam - How to revise? Too much content!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by olg207
Are you not sitting the exam in January? I am on the 26th :frown: a week today.
I think I will be okay on the c/w (touch wood), already got an estimated C, and that we are half way through it :smile: The exam I can see being a bitch though, not really looking forward to it!

How prepared are you for it? I'm sitting it on 26th as well gonna start revising today and start going through past papers.
Reply 21
Original post by Executioner
I'm sitting the June exam. I am so behind on my c/w and the exam I feel like I'll fail it if I don't start now.

Anyway, Good luck for your exam! :smile:

Yeah I would say it is worth starting revision now, but if your memory is not great at holding things for long periods of time, dont worry, revise maybe 2months prior to you sitting the exam. But I would say read through that book from now really.

Thanks, I will let you know what it was like, goodluck on the coursework pal :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by POWW!
How prepared are you for it? I'm sitting it on 26th as well gonna start revising today and start going through past papers.

Hello POWW! well I have been revising for the last couple of months, and I am awful at remembering things, i have more of a short term memory, so doing stuff now is really helping :smile: I feel okay prepared, but what is gonna get me is the fact that the mark scheme is so harsh, if its not what they want, then they want give you the mark, even if it is correct, there looking for keywords!

How do you feel about the exam, you been revising for long? done any past papers, whats your thoughts?
Reply 23
Original post by olg207
Hello POWW! well I have been revising for the last couple of months, and I am awful at remembering things, i have more of a short term memory, so doing stuff now is really helping :smile: I feel okay prepared, but what is gonna get me is the fact that the mark scheme is so harsh, if its not what they want, then they want give you the mark, even if it is correct, there looking for keywords!

How do you feel about the exam, you been revising for long? done any past papers, whats your thoughts?

Been quite ill today so couldn't do anything today but I've been going through theory since November like 2 hours a week but that's about it, gonna focus this week and go through the past papers though.
I know what you mean if you don't word it right you won't get the marks :l but I can resit it in june so :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by POWW!
Been quite ill today so couldn't do anything today but I've been going through theory since November like 2 hours a week but that's about it, gonna focus this week and go through the past papers though.
I know what you mean if you don't word it right you won't get the marks :l but I can resit it in june so :smile:

Lol prob not gonna do any past papers just the questions in my text book
Reply 25
G063 is all common sense cmom most of the theory is what you use/do everyday.
Reply 26
Original post by POWW!
Lol prob not gonna do any past papers just the questions in my text book

Have you got the same text book as me, the one written by Paul Long?
Oh and yeah past papers are not nice, but they are worth doing, gives you an idea for time, but i am awful at time management anyway, can never seem to complete it in two hours :frown:
Reply 27
Original post by olg207
Have you got the same text book as me, the one written by Paul Long?
Oh and yeah past papers are not nice, but they are worth doing, gives you an idea for time, but i am awful at time management anyway, can never seem to complete it in two hours :frown:

I've got two books one is by Paul long, Glen Milbery and Sonia Stuart but I'm not using this one, the amount of Info on each page is ridiculous. The book I'm using is called "OCR INFORMATION and COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY for A2" it's by Glen Milbery and Sonia Stuart. It's basically a mini version of the big thick book.

What are you aiming for in the exam? Personally I'm aiming for anything above a C, that way if I get my CW up to an A I'll have a high B/ low A :biggrin:
Reply 28
This Test is ridiculous!! Too much content... too long... Harsh Mark Scheme... And the worst taught subject in the country.... This Can only go well!!!
Reply 29
Original post by zonka
This Test is ridiculous!! Too much content... too long... Harsh Mark Scheme... And the worst taught subject in the country.... This Can only go well!!!

LOOOOOL exactly how I feel :biggrin:
Reply 30
Original post by zonka

Actually having to skip a section in it xD
Reply 31
Gl to everyone doing this 2moro.
Reply 32
We'll Defo need It!! gonna go and cram now!!!
Revision starts now.
Reply 34
how did you all find it? what was the answer to the one about the emergency services?
Reply 35
Original post by olg207

Original post by olg207
how did you all find it? what was the answer to the one about the emergency services?

i think it was like the bsc stores the location of the cell the mobile phone is in this is because if the mobile phone user is moving the system needs to know where the mobile phone is so they can locate where the cell is and find they can find phone
I wrote something like that. am not sure tho
Reply 36
Original post by thezz
i think it was like the bsc stores the location of the cell the mobile phone is in this is because if the mobile phone user is moving the system needs to know where the mobile phone is so they can locate where the cell is and find they can find phone
I wrote something like that. am not sure tho

I'm either really wrong or really right, I wrote they use gps for it.
Reply 37
Original post by 0range

Original post by 0range
I'm either really wrong or really right, I wrote they use gps for it.

i not sure tho cause we never actually did that in class about locating the phone. and thinking about it now it did say the exact location of the phone so it could be gps then it will make more sense.
anyway what did you all write about in the last question
Reply 38
I didn't really know what to write for that question either. I made up some rubbish about phones sending signals to at least 3 satellites so they can triangulate the position of the phone.

I think it is completely wrong... but it sounded good :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by luke94
I didn't really know what to write for that question either. I made up some rubbish about phones sending signals to at least 3 satellites so they can triangulate the position of the phone.

I think it is completely wrong... but it sounded good :biggrin:

I wrote that as well so it has to be right :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending