The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by shooby_doo
Well yeah seeing as theres only 45 offers! D:

I see what you mean, but I was more getting at the point of it's the strength of the people being interviewed (i.e. if you can excel at interview then there should be no worry as to the number of people being interviewed)

Is that makes sense? :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Medican
This is something you're supposed to check way before you apply. No you can't be overqualified. There's no might about it.

Ok you numpty, the reason why I said "might" and "not completely" is because I know that you either get rejected or put onto the normal 5 year course in 2 out of the four universities in the UK that offer foundation courses for medicine. So I would be right to assume that there might be a chance that he/she has overqualified. The whole point of these foundation courses is to wider access to those who haven't been able to achieve the grades, and who fulfill the right criteria. In essence, whats the point of applying if you can achieve straight As and apply for the normal course?

Yes you can be overqualified. But it depends on the universities guidelines as to how they respond to such an applicant.
Reply 1442
I can feel the friendliness in this thread..
Original post by LKLB93
I don't know what you're trying to imply, but I did look into the courses i chose and didn't just blindly apply for medicine. I was asking that question because I got the correct entry requirements however my teachers have predicted me higher grades due to the other courses I have applied for.

But thanks for answering my question.

To be honest with you, four months down the line after submitting an application you should know whether you are eligible or not. Blindly or not, you should have made sure, or else you simply wasted a application on ucas that you could have made to a different university.
Original post by Besakt

I got around 11 negs in two posts ^_^ that's a record.
Reply 1445
Original post by TheStudent.
I got around 11 negs in two posts ^_^ that's a record.

I know and it's not even like you said anything controversial all you said is it's your first choice.
I gave you a plus rep to try and even it out.

Spoiler

Original post by BethaneyJ
You cannot be over qualified for BM6, though they may ask you why you're applying for it if you're suitable for BM5. They will sometimes even ask BM6ers if they want to go straight into BM5 if they've got the grades and there is space.

Stop negging each other. Eventually you might be class mates and you need to support each other or you will never make it through medicine. You are supposed to be empathic and patient people! Be nice :biggrin: You'll be bm6 besties eventually. :smile:

Never attribute to malice that which can be equally explained by stupidity.

Excuse me, my point wasn't made out of stupidity but unawareness :mad:
Original post by Besakt
I know and it's not even like you said anything controversial all you said is it's your first choice.
I gave you a plus rep to try and even it out.

Spoiler

Lmao, your pic is exactly what went through my mind when I logged in this morning and saw the 5 negs :biggrin:
Reply 1448
Ok you numpty, the reason why I said "might" and "not completely" is because I know that you either get rejected or put onto the normal 5 year course in 2 out of the four universities in the UK that offer foundation courses for medicine. So I would be right to assume that there might be a chance that he/she has overqualified. The whole point of these foundation courses is to wider access to those who haven't been able to achieve the grades, and who fulfill the right criteria. In essence, whats the point of applying if you can achieve straight As and apply for the normal course?

Yes you can be overqualified. But it depends on the universities guidelines as to how they respond to such an applicant.

My first point is that you shouldn't have assumed this was the case at soton. Secondly if this is truly what you meant then you should've been clearer as it's not what it sounds like when you read your post. Also you're wrong in this case. That doesn't exist in Sotons case.

And you shouldn't be so hostile. Needless to say a short temper is not a very good character trait for a doctor.

LMAO this is funny. This thread is the total opposite of last years. :colonhash:
Reply 1449
Original post by Besakt

It's really funny when you read the last line of the OP and then read these last few posts. :lol:
Reply 1450
xx

You know what I'm sorry if my tone offended. Lets just end this war once and for all. For Narnia.
I have a dream. A dream that one day this forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed.
A dream that potential BM6ers will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood.
I have a dream.
Original post by Medican
My first point is that you shouldn't have assumed this was the case at soton. Secondly if this is truly what you meant then you should've been clearer as it's not what it sounds like when you read your post. Also you're wrong in this case. That doesn't exist in Sotons case.

And you shouldn't be so hostile. Needless to say a short temper is not a very good character trait for a doctor.

LMAO this is funny. This thread is the total opposite of last years. :colonhash:

:eek:
Reply 1453
:eek:

:shock:
Original post by Medican
:shock:

:gasp: ...I felt left out.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1455
Original post by a05aafzul
:gasp: ...I felt left out.

:eek2:

Join the game brah...

E: Mods please don't give me warning points. I'm trying to make light of a heavy situation.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by a05aafzul
I have a dream. A dream that one day this forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed.
A dream that potential BM6ers will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood.
I have a dream.

I hear you brother, speak! Stand up for our rights lool! :biggrin:
Original post by Medican
You know what I'm sorry if my tone offended. Lets just end this war once and for all. For Narnia.

LMAO this is funny. This thread is the total opposite of last years.

I was initially shocked that you had been so oblivious to, what I felt, was a rude response and thats why I gave you full explanation as to why I used the word "Might". I'm not going to bother answering to your second reply, because everything you say turns into some dumb debate that quite frankly, I can't be arsed to retaliate to. It was a one sentence answer, that I had quickly posted to the guy, and it was blown way out of proportion. I'm not short-tempered nor hostile, and I can't quite understand the amount of negativity i've been recieving on this thread.

Thanks for apologising. Good bye.
Reply 1458
I was initially shocked that you had been so oblivious to, what I felt, was a rude response and thats why I gave you full explanation as to why I used the word "Might". I'm not going to bother answering to your second reply, because everything you say turns into some dumb debate that quite frankly, I can't be arsed to retaliate to. It was a one sentence answer, that I had quickly posted to the guy, and it was blown way out of proportion. I'm not short-tempered nor hostile, and I can't quite understand the amount of negativity i've been recieving on this thread.

Thanks for apologising. Good bye.

:erm:.........:flybye:
Two words people; Jeremy Kyle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending