The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hahaha
Tenase complex.
i.e. the enzyme that cuts ten into two bits.
Original post by buzzcat
Does anyone have access to the american journal of psych please? Writing coursework on models of Schizophrenia - helpfully Imperial doesn't have access to the majority of the papers and this one looks like gold dust...

Recent advances in the phencyclidine model of schizophrenia.
Javitt, Daniel C.;Zukin, Stephen R.
The American Journal of Psychiatry, Vol 148(10), Oct 1991, 1301-1308.

Reward: funny GIF

shhhhh never say imperial doesn't have everything in public.
They have eyes and ears everywhere...
Original post by xconfetti
On the plus side, had a brilliant hospital visit today :smile:

It sounds like they've changed the hospital visits for the better from last year. What did you get up to?

Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Up at six, leaving at seven, lectures at the hospital at 8.

Mother of god.

:sadnod:

Original post by fairy spangles
I had to be at a hospital 30ish miles away each morning so up at 5 to be there by 8 - i have to get the bus, and its in the middle of nowhere.

I have a GP placement so rural, to get there by public transport, I would get there 45 minutes after I was meant to start and it would require 2 buses, and a train ride. Or take me 4 hours if I wanted to go only by bus. I am so hoping my car doesn't spaz at all anytime this year. It's very pretty in the countryside but it's completely put me off applying to northern deanery.
Reply 8483
"Hi I'm Beska and I'm a first year medical student, can I talk to you for a bit about why you're here?"

"Yes doctor, go ahead."

x100
Original post by Beska
"Hi I'm Beska and I'm a first year medical student, can I talk to you for a bit about why you're here?"

"Yes doctor, go ahead."

x100

I would take it as a massive compliment, mate.
I reckon that's more from the fact that patients (especially older ones) don't know how to address you as a medical student.
Original post by Beska

"Yes doctor, go ahead."

x100

Rather that than "Hello, I'm Helen B, one of the on-call doctors....full clerking...examination...explanation of diagnosis/differential and management plan..."

"Thank you nurse, but when am I going to see the doctor?"
Original post by Helenia
Rather that than "Hello, I'm Helen B, one of the on-call doctors....full clerking...examination...explanation of diagnosis/differential and management plan..."

Reply 8488
Original post by Helenia

I've had one better than that - in second year me and my gp visit partner (also female) were waiting outside the gp practise (they lock their doors for lunch and we started at 2 so had to wait till they unlocked them) along with an elderly couple (patients) who were chatting to us and we explained we were there on placement at which point they asked if we were trainee receptionists :s-smilie: . I'm pretty sure receptionists dont have to do placements...
Reply 8489
Original post by Helenia

PRSOM :rofl:
Original post by halfadoc
I've had one better than that - in second year me and my gp visit partner (also female) were waiting outside the gp practise (they lock their doors for lunch and we started at 2 so had to wait till they unlocked them) along with an elderly couple (patients) who were chatting to us and we explained we were there on placement at which point they asked if we were trainee receptionists :s-smilie: . I'm pretty sure receptionists dont have to do placements...

:rofl:
Original post by halfadoc

My clinical partner was once mistaken for a cleaner. A nurse directed her towards the cupboard with all the cleaning equipment.
Reply 8492
Original post by Kinkerz
My clinical partner was once mistaken for a cleaner. A nurse directed her towards the cupboard with all the cleaning equipment.

:rofl:
Reply 8493
Original post by Wangers
No, access from 1997 onwards - funnily enough, college dosn't have the most recent one year - as if they don't want us to read the most recent stuff. Email the author?

Thanks for trying Wangers

http://gifsoup.com/view/184828/raptor-mascot-fail-o.gif
has anyone watched this

literally awful.
Original post by John Locke
has anyone watched this

literally awful.

Oh good God.... :facepalm:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Oh good God.... :facepalm:

one of your kindred too, from now on that's how i'll assume that's how you all are :tongue:
one of your kindred too, from now on that's how i'll assume that's how you all are :tongue:

The one BL graduate and it has to be the posh totty that noone probably liked I would assume..

Thankfully I've not had the misfortune of meeting a single person like that here :noway:
Reply 8498
has anyone watched this

literally awful.

So cringeworthy
Reply 8499

Latest

Trending

Trending