The Student Room Group

23 and never had a girlfriend!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Wave
Why do guys still peddle this ridiculous advice? successfully hitting on randomers in the street is a total myth. Anyone using their brain can figure out the vast majority of females out on hight street or whatever don't want to be hassled by random strangers. Now i'm not saying it's totally impossible but unless you're super charming and know how to play to every scenario (bumping into someone and dropping stuff, asking for directions etc) it is highly unlikely. If that doesn't convince you just think to yourself what proportion of guys got their current partner by hanging around in a shopping centre walking up to girls? it's just something kids do because they haven't yet started to hang around with the opposite gender so going up to them cold is pretty much the only way to meet girls outside of school. Obviously as you get older there will me females in your circle of friends.

That's correct, cold-approaching females is never easy, especially on the street. And no, you cannot be charming in all scenarios. The point about approaching strangers on street and simply TALK to them, with or without sexual intent, is to build comfort and open yourself up, to get used to the idea that girls are not some mythical creatures that you need to be afraid.

You are right that they don't want to be hassled by a CREEP, a INCONFIDENT guy, but never an attractive, self-confident and radiant guy.
I wonder if he got a girlfriend in the end...:moon:
Reply 42
Original post by Ortegas
That's correct, cold-approaching females is never easy, especially on the street. And no, you cannot be charming in all scenarios. The point about approaching strangers on street and simply TALK to them, with or without sexual intent, is to build comfort and open yourself up, to get used to the idea that girls are not some mythical creatures that you need to be afraid.

You are right that they don't want to be hassled by a CREEP, a INCONFIDENT guy, but never an attractive, self-confident and radiant guy.

Te OP doesnt sound too confident so the point is moot anyway.
Reply 43
Original post by Piko_Piko
I wonder if he got a girlfriend in the end...:moon:

Same here
Reply 44
Starting to talk to people on his social circle first, just talking, no sexual intent if that kills him. Then startint talking to strangers, then come back to his social circle and gets laid, then cold-approaching again if he likes. The point is to switch between them until you can find a balance to secure your lays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending