The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone yet to hear from MS? So many people have got rejections or interviews/ACs :s-smilie:
Reply 3101
Original post by Buffyboy
Everyones confused about this. I was too. But in the infomation section on the Spring Week it has

"Requirements

You should be expecting to graduate in 2014 and should have obtained a minimum of 320 UCAS or equivalent, studying towards any degree discipline. Strong academic qualifications are important but you’ll also need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets.

How to apply

Application deadline is 30 January 2012

Programme dates run from 26 March 30 March 2012

You will need to submit your CV and cover letter indicating the business areas that are of interest to you.

www.baml.com/CampusEMEA"

I agree with Nick and by Nick I mean BuffyBoy
Original post by sportycricketer
Is anyone yet to hear from MS? So many people have got rejections or interviews/ACs :s-smilie:

Me. I feel your pain :frown:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
OK, then my thoughts were clearly mistaken.

I have applied to sales and trading for citiquest, perhaps it depends upon the division you apply
Reply 3104
Original post by jack_the_ripper
I have applied to sales and trading for citiquest, perhaps it depends upon the division you apply

Applied to S&T, only did a numerical.
Reply 3105
Is anyone else thinking that this could be a huge week in terms of hearing back? Certainly this or next week should be when things really start to kick off!
Reply 3106
Original post by WHITKA
Is anyone else thinking that this could be a huge week in terms of hearing back? Certainly this or next week should be when things really start to kick off!

Hope so... Still waiting to hear back from RBS, BOAML, DB x 2, GS, BC, Citi, Nomura and HSBC!!! :s
I'll also hopefully find out the outcome of my KPMG phone interview this week and Thursday is the day UBS announce who has got through to the final assessment centre for UBS Horizons :eek:
Reply 3107
Original post by zedski
Hope so... Still waiting to hear back from RBS, BOAML, DB x 2, GS, BC, Citi, Nomura and HSBC!!! :s
I'll also hopefully find out the outcome of my KPMG phone interview this week and Thursday is the day UBS announce who has got through to the final assessment centre for UBS Horizons :eek:

Actually, it would be kinda interesting to know for what other people are still waiting on, so if anyone wants to join, be my guest.

Rejections: UBS, SEO London, JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Nomura, HSBC, BP

Yet to hear from for an interview/AC: Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Barclays Capital, BNP Paribas, Bank of America, Citigroup

AC/shortlist sort of thing: ICAP, RBS
Reply 3108
Rejections: JPM, DB
No news: CS, Citi, BAML, GS, BarCap, UBS, Nomura
Waiting post interview: HSBC, MS
Offers: RBS

Predicting a mass round of rejections over the next couple weeks.
Original post by miml

Pretty similar to me.
Rejections: None
No news: Citi, BAML, GS, BarCap, UBS, DBx2
AC Upcoming: MS
Waiting post interview: HSBC, JP
Offers: CS
I'm so jealous of all of you that have interviews and offers, so far I have two rejections and one email from HSBC that I passed the tests..
Original post by TomasK
Applied to S&T, only did a numerical.

how hard was the numerical test and was it a Knexia or SHL?
Reply 3112
Original post by soczek322
I'm so jealous of all of you that have interviews and offers, so far I have two rejections and one email from HSBC that I passed the tests..

I haven't even been invited to HSBC-tests. Lol. And also just rejections so far.
Reply 3113
Original post by miml

When did you get your RBS offer and for what division if you don't mind me asking?
Congrats!
Reply 3114
Original post by zedski
When did you get your RBS offer and for what division if you don't mind me asking?
Congrats!

Earlier on in the week, maybe Monday. It was for IBD (but they are going to run a non-divisional spring week according to what I was told over the phone)
Reply 3115
how hard was the numerical test and was it a Knexia or SHL?

Similar to RBS I'd say. Not that hard, just had a not too bad of time constraint, meaning you have to be quick, but I suppose that's kinda the case for every numerical.

Regarding the firm that provides the tests - neither, it's some sort of 'unique' thing, but no need to panic over it.
Original post by TomasK
Similar to RBS I'd say. Not that hard, just had a not too bad of time constraint, meaning you have to be quick, but I suppose that's kinda the case for every numerical.

Regarding the firm that provides the tests - neither, it's some sort of 'unique' thing, but no need to panic over it.

it says you have 15mins, am I correct in saying there were 15 questions??
Reply 3117
it says you have 15mins, am I correct in saying there were 15 questions??

If I recall correctly you didn't have to worry about the overall time remaining, because you had a given amount of time for each separate question, so you didn't have to do much time management beyond trying to figure it out as fast as possible. And regarding the number of questions, I think there were fewer questions. (than 15)
Reply 3118
So far:

Interviews: CS, RBS, Barcap, Merrill Lynch
Waiting: UBS, BNP, Goldman, Citi
Rejections: DB
Reply 3119
Original post by miml
Earlier on in the week, maybe Monday. It was for IBD (but they are going to run a non-divisional spring week according to what I was told over the phone)

Out of interest mate how many questions did you answer on the test they made you do on the day of the AC?
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending