The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by infernalcradle
nope....only those who have FULL marks will get early offers....and that is because they have pretty much a guaranteed offer as you can get no higher...

but this only went out to 3 people last year....out of 45....

Oh right! Thanks for clearing that up! Was really worried about that :biggrin:

I don't know whether to laugh at the first on or not, but I think I will. :laugh:
I remember being told about the guy with the skull face! - I never searched it at the time, but that is awful :eek:

My favourite Youtube remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfeyUGZt8nk

And yes, I waste way too much time on Youtube - Which is quite bad considering I have 2 exams this week :colondollar:
Last week there were a load of straight rejections being sorted through, if you haven't heard yet I'm guessing that means good news! The first Bm6 exams are this week as a rough guide to BM6 life :smile:
Original post by BethaneyJ
Last week there were a load of straight rejections being sorted through, if you haven't heard yet I'm guessing that means good news! The first Bm6 exams are this week as a rough guide to BM6 life :smile:

Oh gosh that is nerve-wracking "/ .. has that been send sorry? And kool :biggrin: , thanks for bein ultra helpfull ! I appreciate it alottt :biggrin:
Reply 1484

Do you mean BM6ers who have had interviews have been rejected already?
Original post by jcb123
Do you mean BM6ers who have had interviews have been rejected already?

Straight rejection means no interview. Most of those interviewed get a "further consideration" letter which means they're still in the running, otherwise it's a rejection letter but they seem to be quite rare.

Original post by sumsum123
Oh gosh that is nerve-wracking "/ .. has that been send sorry? And kool :biggrin: , thanks for bein ultra helpfull ! I appreciate it alottt :biggrin:

Yeah they were being processed on Wednesday so I'd guess they'd be well sent out now. If you haven't heard by now then looks like you can't have been one of them :smile:
Also, noticing a lot of people being asked about interviews (JCB, on your page I think someone is asking you for info) or people asking for info. This is not allowed on TSR and can get you in trouble. Also it puts you at disadvantage. Don't discuss interviews! How much would it suck if they send out 45 offers and someone you helped was 45 thanks to you, but you were 46?

Seriously, people get in every year without having had information on the interview. You don't need it.

Not accusing anyone of doing it, but beware. If you see it happening, you can report it and stop people trying to get one up on you :smile:
Reply 1487
Also, noticing a lot of people being asked about interviews (JCB, on your page I think someone is asking you for info) or people asking for info. This is not allowed on TSR and can get you in trouble. Also it puts you at disadvantage. Don't discuss interviews! How much would it suck if they send out 45 offers and someone you helped was 45 thanks to you, but you were 46?

Seriously, people get in every year without having had information on the interview. You don't need it.

Not accusing anyone of doing it, but beware. If you see it happening, you can report it and stop people trying to get one up on you :smile:

I haven't said anything! - my lips are firmly sealed... although I have had at least 5 messages asking me what I got asked, I just didn't bother replying.

Amen! I got like 6 personal messages after I mentioned I'd just got back from my interview... Preach it Bethaney! =D
Reply 1489
Original post by a05aafzul
Amen! I got like 6 personal messages after I mentioned I'd just got back from my interview... Preach it Bethaney! =D

Agreed!
Original post by jcb123
I haven't said anything! - my lips are firmly sealed... although I have had at least 5 messages asking me what I got asked, I just didn't bother replying.

Good stuff. I didn't think you would have but would rather mention something than not just in case :smile:
Reply 1491

Were they posted or emailed? :s-smilie:
Original post by mashalli
Were they posted or emailed? :s-smilie:

I assume UCAS actually...
Reply 1493
I assume UCAS actually...

Oh yeh ucas. Btw you're so helpful thank you for all the info. U will make a brillant doctor. Your input is much appreciated by us on here:-)
Original post by mashalli
Oh yeh ucas. Btw you're so helpful thank you for all the info. U will make a brillant doctor. Your input is much appreciated by us on here:-)

Lol I only pass on the little snippets I get from being an insider. I dunno, being at med school has put me off being a doctor. Might just get my degree and do something else.... fortune cookie writing or weaving... something a little less stressful. Haha.
Reply 1495
Lol I only pass on the little snippets I get from being an insider. I dunno, being at med school has put me off being a doctor. Might just get my degree and do something else.... fortune cookie writing or weaving... something a little less stressful. Haha.

Well thanks for taking time out to come and talk 2 us. How comes it has put you off being a doctor? Oh god fortune cookie writing ahaha

Yeah they were being processed on Wednesday so I'd guess they'd be well sent out now. If you haven't heard by now then looks like you can't have been one of them :smile:

Ahh I see, I hope so!! This whole experience is one rollercoaster :tongue:
well then that's good new for us if that none of us have had rejections. does that means will the rejections still be sended out or are they finished and so do we now wait for an interview?

thanks by the way bethany for the input it is much appreciated.

ps: anyone else got a C3 exam tomoz btw?
Original post by kurdishboy94
well then that's good new for us if that none of us have had rejections. does that means will the rejections still be sended out or are they finished and so do we now wait for an interview?

thanks by the way bethany for the input it is much appreciated. anyone else got a C3 exam tomoz brw?

Unfortunately it was only a batch so there will probably be more at some point. BUT THINK POSITIVE. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kurdishboy94

thanks by the way bethany for the input it is much appreciated.

ps: anyone else got a C3 exam tomoz btw?

There shuld be more rejection batches to come. & I had c3 on friday and it was death, torture, doom n gloom O.o . Hope yours goes better tmosz!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending