The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thecodman
:eek: Did you guys aplly to gbm markets???!!! did you receive an unofficial ac offer??

no, GBM Banking. I was offered an AC but it clashed with a Uni exam so I couldnt take it
Original post by Doughnuts!!
WHHHHHHHAAAAAT THE F**K?

RBS just emailed me saying that the position is filled!!

EDIT: I see that I'm not the only one that got that email...

did you apply to gbm banking??/ sorry to hear tht dude
Reply 3142
Original post by erklam
I submitted my application on jan 16. and on the 17th got an email saying I should take the online tests within a week. Then, the same day, I got an email saying that "to ensure you have the best possible chance of securing a place on the program, you complete the testing by 5pm on Thursday 19th January."

You haven't heard back at all? I do not mean to discourage you but it seems something might have gone wrong for you...
Hope not though!

P.s. just checked, my application status says:Application Complete. You might wanna ring them, although it might be a bit too late:s-smilie:

Thanks for your response. I just e-mailed them. Hope it is not too late.I did get an e-mail as well, saying:

We have successfully received your submission.

A system-generated candidate reference number has been created for you and may be useful to keep for your records.

Did you get this as well?
Reply 3143
****tt that Citi test was had!! So much data :frown:
Original post by WHITKA
When's your ML interview?

Scheduled for Feb 2nd... but need to change
Original post by thecodman
did you apply to gbm banking??/ sorry to hear tht dude

Yeah.

Random note, but CS only emailed me about my rejection now, despite the fact that my online app showed my rejection ages ago. Lulz.
Who else is waiting to hear back from JP for "experience the markets"?
Original post by sam smith
Who else is waiting to hear back from JP for "experience the markets"?

Yup
Would it be worth applying to RBS GBM Markets still, or should I cancel that application and apply for GBM Banking/Operations instead?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3149
Original post by HilariousNinja
Would it be worth applying to RBS GBM Markets still, or should I cancel that application and apply for GBM Banking/Operations instead?

They are combining GBM Banking and GBM Markets into one spring week. Not sure how worth it it is given that.
Not looking good with spring weeks for me. Still waiting on Nomura GS ML and Citi.
Received an email this morning from PWC after i had taken my tests last week for their insight academy.

Good morning
Thank you for submitting an application to PwC.
You have now been invited to take our online tests. You will be asked to take a variety of tests and you must pass these to progress to the next stage.
Please find attached some details to help you with your preparation.
Our website has hints and tips regarding all our assessments: http://www.pwc.com/uk/en/careers/student/assessments-at-pwc.jhtml
I attach some slides from our psychometrics presentation which shows you some examples of questions and the reasoning behind it.
Good luck

Has anyone else received this even though they had already taken the tests? Does this mean I passed the initial tests and are giving me more to do? Or is it just a mistake by them? Also the email does not seem to be automated as they usually state this at the beginning of their emails.
Had the RBS 'we're all filled up email' this morning. Got an email from UBS asking me to clarify where I'm applying to 10 mins ago.
Original post by Ramin Gorji
Not looking good with spring weeks for me. Still waiting on Nomura GS ML and Citi.
Received an email this morning from PWC after i had taken my tests last week for their insight academy.

Good morning
Thank you for submitting an application to PwC.
You have now been invited to take our online tests. You will be asked to take a variety of tests and you must pass these to progress to the next stage.
Please find attached some details to help you with your preparation.
Our website has hints and tips regarding all our assessments: http://www.pwc.com/uk/en/careers/student/assessments-at-pwc.jhtml
I attach some slides from our psychometrics presentation which shows you some examples of questions and the reasoning behind it.
Good luck

Has anyone else received this even though they had already taken the tests? Does this mean I passed the initial tests and are giving me more to do? Or is it just a mistake by them? Also the email does not seem to be automated as they usually state this at the beginning of their emails.

I also got this email today after having taken the numerical and logical tests. Doesn't look like a pass/fail email but still confused as to why it was sent when I completed all their tests.
I also checked on my pwc account when I got the email to see whether there were any tests to take but nope, none, no more tests to take. :s-smilie:

I think I would just wait for further emails from them, but still keep an eye on your pwc account just in case something comes up. :/
Anyone got BarCap AC this Thursday?
Reply 3154
just had my MS phone interview, first one ive done, dont think it went espcially well :/
Original post by mashman9
just had my MS phone interview, first one ive done, dont think it went espcially well :/

Did you get the thing about the strings?
Reply 3156
Original post by speedbird

Burn one then burn the second from both sides.

Without knowing the question did I get the answer right?
How are you guys preping for interviews?
Reply 3158
Original post by speedbird

No tennis balls...
Original post by Michael XYZ
Anyone got BarCap AC this Thursday?

Where have you applied to so far brah and any other interviews and stuff yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending