The Student Room Group

The Legacy of Runescape

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IGX_RSV2
ghjjf is such a n00b

AHAHAHA, Whatever happened to forehead? Is His Lordship still around? Anybody remember his teamspeak rant?
Reply 81
Original post by Miracle Day
Same here, I still try to balance out the Pros & Cons of wether it did my life good or bad!

Only played it for less than a year I think but still I had a lot of fun while playing it so I'm not gonna consider the time as 'wasted'. Ahhhh good'ol days....
Original post by And then...
AHAHAHA, Whatever happened to forehead? Is His Lordship still around? Anybody remember his teamspeak rant?

ghjjf is in RSD now :s-smilie: His Lordship is still around I believe
(edited 12 years ago)
This game took over my life for a while :laugh:.
Reply 84
R.I.P Fat Wrecked!
Reply 85
I only got to level 60 something. I thought I was well good. :rolleyes:
Called Hustler Goon.

To this day I still dunno what the name means but I will never forget it.
Reply 87
067yjonesd1
Jonesdawiz
Wand
and now my Rsn is "Dalek"
Reply 88
Original post by Politricks
Back in the days when Zezima was ranked first.

I remember when I was in a world where Zezima was once, word spread like wildfire and everyone in that world went to the little village he was in. It was mad.
A guy I knows total playtime on it recently got to an entire calendar year somehow, that's just actually scary, he's only 21
Reply 90

So glad I stopped playing now though.
Reply 91
Original post by cl_l

Can't tell if comp cape.
Reply 92
Original post by Jordyy
Can't tell if comp cape.

Nice!
Original post by cl_l

You could give away the account now....:colone:
Reply 94
Good times, the pic is incredibly small :L
(edited 12 years ago)

R.I.P Fat Wrecked!

:rofl:
technically speaking this game is rubbish.

nostalgically speaking this game is great.
I have so many sets in my bank :biggrin:
Ahh, brings back memories.
Alright guys, I've already posted this in a different thread but I'll post it here anyway:

I personally haven't played since 2007/2008, pretty much after the grand exchange got introduced and runescape just went downhill from there. I got bored the other day and just happened to check out runescape videos on youtube, and a lot of the top comments (with lots of likes) are for this 'runescape 2006' edition.

A bunch of guys (one of whom is allegedly an ex jagex mod) are putting together 'Runescape 2006' which is the same Runescape back in Runescape 2006 with no updates. There will be no modifications either, it is supposedly going to be exactly the same.

Unlike the numerous private servers out there, this one actually seems legit. They're negotiating with Jagex about copyright issues but it's still in a bit of a grey area at the moment. According to the site's facebook group it'll probably launch open alpha within a month.

Anyway I don't want to come across as a promoter because I'm not. I just feel that the more people who play this, the better. The game hasn't launched yet but 55,000 people have already made accounts.

Check out this video and their youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13FCwDQu018

The website is www.rs2006.net

P.S. The game is absolutely free to play and everyone gets free total access to all member features. The way they make money is through donations, but I'm going to wait a few months and see if this server really takes off before donating.
Reply 99
I used to frequent the off topic forum there before it was (apparently) destroyed by JaGeX.
I'm still in contact with a lot of the guys from my era: Random Art, G0llum3000, Moridin, Zebra Attack, Huwdus.

My username for these sorts of things never changes.
Apparently I'm no longer on any high scores...kinda odd seeing as I was moderately high up in some skills when I quit. I was never anywhere near 99 though (think my highest was fletching in the mid 70s)

Quick Reply

Latest